Author Topic: Boston Bank Spot  (Read 2009 times)

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Boston Bank Spot
« on: November 12, 2020, 08:18:27 AM »
Gonna be in town saturday, I'm looking for a new bank spot on a bike bath. Heard it was in allston. Any leads are appreciated! :)

Gary Bucket

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Boston Bank Spot
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 04:13:54 PM »
Looks like they redid a park as a “pump track” which perhaps skateable banks and such?
Smith Pumptrack on Western Ave. Definitely give a shout on how it goes. Allstons a bit out of the way but Lynch only goes so far

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
skate Roxy Banks instead

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:02:39 AM »
skate Roxy Banks instead

this is good advice.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »
Expand Quote
skate Roxy Banks instead
[close]

this is good advice.

I moved away and I miss that spot.

No-pants Pee Hands

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 11:13:15 PM »
I’d also say hit the fancy lad park in Jamaica plain or if you’re willing for a trip on the train Lincoln park in Somerville.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
skate Roxy Banks instead
[close]

this is good advice.

Didn't I introduce you to those banks? I was there today with Yates. We drank the beer you were supposed to bring. :)
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »
how new are these park in JP and Allston? I moved out like 7 years ago and don't know if they were there.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »
how new are these park in JP and Allston? I moved out like 7 years ago and don't know if they were there.

Allston is super new. Like within last year. The JP DIY (assume that's one you are talking about) has been "developing" for quite awhile now.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
I’d also say hit the fancy lad park in Jamaica plain or if you’re willing for a trip on the train Lincoln park in Somerville.

Lincoln Park in Somerville is rad. I love that little park. If I ever get back to Boston...

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 12:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lincoln Park in Somerville is rad. I love that little park. If I ever get back to Boston...

Is Lincoln Park the long green ledge next to the basketball court with a crusty bank?  I loved that spot when I lived there during college.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is Lincoln Park the long green ledge next to the basketball court with a crusty bank?  I loved that spot when I lived there during college.

When did you live in Boston?

I think Lincoln Park used to have a tall green ledge next to a basketball court. But the park was remodeled within the last few years. Now, it's an "actual" concrete park. Fun little spot for a mellow warm-up.

I could be wrong about it being the old green ledge spot, but Lincoln Park is definitely a little skate park now.

Jagr

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »
Also, the little park at the Allston pump track is pretty fun. It's right behind the Trader Joes by Harvard Stadium.

Jagr

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »
Also also, Morse-Kelley Park in Sommerville is kind of fun if you're up that way...maybe a mile away from Lincoln Park.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 04:14:34 PM »
with these parks, including Lynch, what's the street skating situation in the city these days? People still skating the financial district/state street? the aquarium stop? navy yard? copley? when the pandemic first started I was thinking the only reason I'd wanna leave my rural little haven would be because the streets would be open and free!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 10:14:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think Lincoln Park used to have a tall green ledge next to a basketball court. But the park was remodeled within the last few years. Now, it's an "actual" concrete park. Fun little spot for a mellow warm-up.

I could be wrong about it being the old green ledge spot, but Lincoln Park is definitely a little skate park now.

It was between 2009 and 2012.  At one point, living in Somerville, it was about a 10 minute skate away.

Is Jackson Mann still a thing?  Seemed like it was becoming a bust right before I moved.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It was between 2009 and 2012.  At one point, living in Somerville, it was about a 10 minute skate away.

Is Jackson Mann still a thing?  Seemed like it was becoming a bust right before I moved.

damn this brings me back. I miss skating these spots. Jackson mann was basically my home from 06-09. Dirty Water days.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 10:13:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

damn this brings me back. I miss skating these spots. Jackson mann was basically my home from 06-09. Dirty Water days.
I moved to California a few years ago, but people are still skating Jackson Mann. I used to skate the Underground ramp until close, then J Mann all night in the winter. Eventually they closed and it was Orchard ramp till close, J Mann, then roll into some shitty house party. They started cracking down for a bit at the end of 2010. A bunch of us had to go to court and do community service for skating there. I got caught there on Christmas Eve lol
fuck you bama

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2020, 08:00:45 AM »
People still skate AQ, Copley, etc.

The city is remodelling Copley and asked skaters for input. Hopefully it will not be ruined like Love park. The Allston park is alright.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »
Looks like they redid a park as a “pump track” which perhaps skateable banks and such?
Smith Pumptrack on Western Ave. Definitely give a shout on how it goes. Allstons a bit out of the way but Lynch only goes so far

Made it to the park, its pretty fun for like 20 minutes. The bank spot is right around the corner though, as well as a really cool ledge spots with lots of multi-tier ledges and gap ledges and stuff. very fun area

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skate Roxy Banks instead
[close]

this is good advice.
[close]

Didn't I introduce you to those banks? I was there today with Yates. We drank the beer you were supposed to bring. :)

holy shit i just saw this.  YOOOOO! i actually learned about this spot from some random dude who pulled into a parking while i was skating the church bank near brooklyn boulders with Chicago guys specifically to tell us about it.  which was very nice of him. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.