Author Topic: No more Indy cross?  (Read 12448 times)

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9958
No more Indy cross?
« on: November 12, 2020, 08:44:59 PM »
Anti-Social out of Vancouver posted a photo of any Indy without the cross on the baseplate. Could this be the end of the controversial cross?
If they are stopping the use of it, do you think they are caving to the current (and justified) wave of anti-racist sentiment?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

fredgallSOTY

Re: No more Indy cross?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »
as C1RCA (and Bronze) once simply put it...

IT'S TIME

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 08:54:18 PM »
I doubt its too late and not to mention that they just released some merch. I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't save it for some big " celebration". With how much people have been waiting for it to change I know they will milk the shit out of it. Or the shirt collectors have started a fake news campaign to hike up the prices of their wares. Either way I wouldn't get too hyped about it. Shame that the iron cross is a nazi thing because I like the design of it ( although I like a lot shit like that)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
Cradle to the MF grave

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 02:03:09 AM »
Cradle to the MF grave

Never understood this shit. Indy or otherwise babies don’t give a fuck.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:14:22 AM »
Hopefully I can tax the shit outta people if I sell my old indys

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 02:43:04 AM »
Snowflakes ruining a skate brand that has been around forever. I've skated Indy's as a jew for years. It's a metal toy that I've ridden forever. If you all need to change it go ride another brand, it's that simple. Indy is going into bitch mode at this point. I love the trucks but if the brand is going to conform b/c a few little puss boys feel slighted, that's not what skating is about. Where you all there for the Big Brother articles or the Dunk fuckoff? If you have an issue with this, esp after Biden won, you need to rethink what kind of detergent your S/O uses. So dumb......

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 02:56:45 AM »
Ride another brand. All these dudes who ride for Indy and their main boy (Rhino) is a known racist. If they're gonna make changes fire the bro's, find another team outside of LA and make a change. Don't be a bitch and change a label b/c it'll sell more trucks. What's next? sponsoring some dudes from Baltimore? Kook to the max!!! They're not Venture nor are they Thunder. Ride the company out with the brand it is. There's a reason why losers from small cities get Ventures for free and the gnarly dudes skate Indy's. They pick their teams. Ledge skaters who grind the end of the ledge skate Ventures, dudes who air out of the coping skate indy's. I see a problem for these skater's who thing they're the shit but can't grind an entire ledge (Jahmir Brown).

Ya'll are a bunch of baby's and wont buy the trucks anyway with a rebrand. So stop acting like you give a shit and either ride em or go somewhere else, snowflakes.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 02:58:13 AM »
Old people are gonna be pissed

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 02:58:18 AM »
Snowflakes ruining a skate brand that has been around forever. I've skated Indy's as a jew for years. It's a metal toy that I've ridden forever. If you all need to change it go ride another brand, it's that simple. Indy is going into bitch mode at this point. I love the trucks but if the brand is going to conform b/c a few little puss boys feel slighted, that's not what skating is about. Where you all there for the Big Brother articles or the Dunk fuckoff? If you have an issue with this, esp after Biden won, you need to rethink what kind of detergent your S/O uses. So dumb......

i don't know man, sounds like you are having a meltdown over the logo change, i suggest you stop being such a pussy snowflake or buy some hardcore shit like kreper trucks or vintage monster trucks endorsed by jesus himself and jamie "the chief" thomas, since indy is now ruined and the trucks probably don't work as intended anymore either thanks to cancel culture, right?

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 04:56:15 AM »
Old people been pissed

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 05:00:49 AM »
Is Rhino actually racist?

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 05:04:11 AM »
Literally nobody outside the Slaposphere will notice.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 05:34:56 AM »
only people who can't nose or tail slide still have the logo on their baseplate

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 05:44:49 AM »
"Sorry about the iron cross! We've replaced it with this neat little icon we found that symbolizes divinity and good luck. We hope you like it!"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 05:48:58 AM »

I never tire of the irony of people calling others "snowflakes" when they are demonstratively the most upset about something.

Also, no cross "ruins" the brand? Aren't ya being a lil dramatic?

Mittens

• Rep: 34
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 05:58:28 AM »
When you are calling these people snowflake what are you implying? That they are unique and numerous and the perfect addition to a magical winter morning?

Why this metaphor? What does this make you, a raindrop? A dazzling ray of spring sunshine? The remaining autumn leaf to fall?

I mean, the only good comparison would be that they are fragile, no? Is that what you mean? That’s how its used in your internet nerd buzzword lexicon right? How does this relate to this scenario?  Why are you so offended by this? Does your “S/O” (significant other?) sometimes tell you are extremely over sensitive?

I mean, you seem to be incredibly upset about a removal geometric shape from something that doesn’t really need branding anyway? So yeah people have said to independent, maybe not the best idea to continue with a symbol related to a genocidal regime, its not great for P.R. right?

I don’t think anyone was sat around an independent board meaning way back suggesting;
“you know whats really fucking hesh”
“Whats that then?”
“the mutherfucking Luftwaffe!”
“wow yeah”
“Once I was at the Nude Bowl and Goring jumps in on the session, his style was crazy like, he made that cross logo look way gnarly”
“Yeep yaowoww!”

So I believe we can let this one lie anyhow, It´s not like skateboard companies think out their branding, mean have you seen “Thank You Skateboards” logo, it’s a fucking cloud!

Far out no?

Whats wrong with Baltimore? you must be from Long Island.

Regarding Rhino, rhinos are colorblind you fucking fingernail! Plus he could be a White Rhino or a Black Rhino, howe the fuck would you know?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:52:40 AM by Mittens »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
Ride another brand. All these dudes who ride for Indy and their main boy (Rhino) is a known racist. If they're gonna make changes fire the bro's, find another team outside of LA and make a change. Don't be a bitch and change a label b/c it'll sell more trucks. What's next? sponsoring some dudes from Baltimore? Kook to the max!!! They're not Venture nor are they Thunder. Ride the company out with the brand it is. There's a reason why losers from small cities get Ventures for free and the gnarly dudes skate Indy's. They pick their teams. Ledge skaters who grind the end of the ledge skate Ventures, dudes who air out of the coping skate indy's. I see a problem for these skater's who thing they're the shit but can't grind an entire ledge (Jahmir Brown).

Ya'll are a bunch of baby's and wont buy the trucks anyway with a rebrand. So stop acting like you give a shit and either ride em or go somewhere else, snowflakes.

Someone's upset! I like to use my Indy's for grinding the end of ledges just as much as Venture!

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »
Ride another brand.

That's what you want, but that's not what Independent wants.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »
Fuck the rest, ride the best.

The only brand 100% free of any snowflakes!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 06:59:41 AM »
Is Rhino actually racist?

at Home Depot... always and forever

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »
The cross is old. I am currently riding Indy’s after venture didn’t quite work for me and I’m stoked they are changing it. It’s good the changed it. Even though I doubt removing it is gonna bring in any customers that don’t already skate Indy. Like the logo probably wasn’t holding many people back. But fuck it , the logo  was corny.

How is rhino racist? Moron that throws fits at Home Depot yes but what did he do that was racist?

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 07:03:28 AM »
the logo has always been on some West Coast Choppers cringe Cali badass bullshit.

the imagery has a popular correlation to white supremacy and nazi crap

why wouldn't you drop the cross?

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 07:06:43 AM »
the logo has always been on some West Coast Choppers cringe Cali badass bullshit.

the imagery has a popular correlation to white supremacy and nazi crap

why wouldn't you drop the cross?
It matches their gray beard and they dont wanna lose that look its just too good. Snowflake

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 07:12:24 AM »
Rhino is racist against Home Depot. Probably goes to Lowe's instead. Lowe's are usually located next to Wal-Mart who have a plethora of items priced at $14.88.

Do the math, or have Bobby Puleo do it !

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
For snowflakes like me, Destructo mids feel just like Indys with a slightly shorter wheelbase.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 07:18:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never tire of the irony of people calling others "snowflakes" when they are demonstratively the most upset about something.

Also, no cross "ruins" the brand? Aren't ya being a lil dramatic?
Same here
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 07:19:12 AM »
"Sorry about the iron cross! We've replaced it with this neat little icon we found that symbolizes divinity and good luck. We hope you like it!"

*waves at Jason*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 07:35:06 AM »

Brguy

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »

This could've been a real ad in the 80s-90s.