Author Topic: No more Indy cross?  (Read 12449 times)

Clone1984

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: No more Indy cross?
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2020, 09:24:10 PM »
If it's gone I doubt it'll be forever. Besides it's a Maltese Cross. St John Paul II was the reason they decided to keep it the first time.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »
Even worse instead of nazis it's world wide pedophile ring. They really can't win they should just replace it with a sorry note. " Sorry we kinda fucked up" on the all the shirts and the baseplate will have S(orry)W(e)K(inda)F(ucked)U(p). After that they give forty hangers and a free skate tool to all the bowl barnies.  Its the least we can do for those really thugging in it the bowls all weekend.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2020, 11:24:11 PM »
If it's gone I doubt it'll be forever. Besides it's a Maltese Cross. St John Paul II was the reason they decided to keep it the first time.

yeah the book says so, it's been debunked in some interview though. i don't remember with who that was, but the person said the logo was controversial when they came with the first designs, they were definetly going for the iron cross/wehrmacht association, but knew they would catch flak, so they came up with this convenient cop out explanation that it's a maltese cross/took it from the pope and made that the official heritage story. so the founders knew what they did and how people might perceive it. not saying they were nazis. i believe they were going for that motorcycle/mot�ad vibe.

honestly when i bought the indy book i was pretty disappointed that they took it from christianism. i don't want to wear christian shit, i don't want to ride independent catholic truck company. not hesh.

anyway it's a stolen logo, it was always corny. iconic, but ugly. something you wear despite it being ugly and edgy because that's what skaters do. the trucks are still good.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2020, 04:07:54 AM »
Blkprjt or whatever is an old racist kook of course hes mad. When is he not bitching

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2020, 05:05:15 AM »
Does it being rounded make the difference?  My dad was in the US Army back in the 70s, had one of these pinned on his uniform because he was in the infantry...

i'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you, but your dad is a NAZI!!!!!!!!!
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2020, 05:24:16 AM »

i don't want to be controversial and shit but if you do some research you'll find out that this man was not a saint by any means. the polish treat him like a hero and shit, moreso than the people who made poland sovereign again etc, but he was fucked up. of course that shit wasn't common knowledge back then (and unfortunately, because of the polish government, still isn't) but i think it's kind of ironic, it's a nazi symbol and they justified using it because a man who was protecting pedophiles in his circles was wearing it. the catholic church is an evil organization
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2020, 05:36:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Does it being rounded make the difference?  My dad was in the US Army back in the 70s, had one of these pinned on his uniform because he was in the infantry...

[close]

It’s one of the most widely used military symbols since the beginning of the 19th century. Wehrmacht used it, too, but it’s not a Nazi symbol in particular. The problem rather is that Neonazis use it for identification, especially in countries where the swastika is illegal, like Germany. Also military symbols suck anyway so I’ll applaud Independent if they get rid of it.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2020, 08:05:44 AM »
The cross Indy has used dates back to the Knights Templar and has been used in France for a long time. The historical argument is there. Just as there is a historical argument of the swastika. A symbol that was reversed and then used by the Nazis for their means. In the public mind the swastika is very very bad, the Iron Cross is very very bad as is any imagery used by them. The "croix pattee alesee arrondie" while not used by those racist fucks is close enough. Probably why the bikers that made Indys wanted to use it. It was mean looking but not overtly racist, it skirted the line. 40 years have gone by, society has changed and become more aware of the symbols of the past. To the point where the Indy cross looks like a racist symbol to non-skaters. Does it suck that something of ours has been interpreted to be racist, yeah but the cross was always meant to be edgy and now it's been called out. I love my Indys but the cross is just a cross, doesn't help the truck turn any better. Has anyone been so put off by the logo they didn't want to be a skater because of it? Who knows but in the end it's just a logo and after 40 years maybe some change is needed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2020, 09:24:56 AM »
It's an empty gesture at the expense of the brand's iconic status. Honesty, this push to "correct" everything and its ties to consumerism seem totally contrived to me. Notice we're not actually correcting any class/race related issues.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2020, 04:17:55 PM »
I'm kind of confused on the "snowflake" thing.

"I can't handle seeing a cross" = "you are a snowflake" from Indy logo lover

"I can't handle if Indy changes the cross" = "you are a snowflake" from Indy logo hater

So.. snowflakes all around or ?

A blizzard of turboclowns.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s one of the most widely used military symbols since the beginning of the 19th century. Wehrmacht used it, too, but it’s not a Nazi symbol in particular. The problem rather is that Neonazis use it for identification, especially in countries where the swastika is illegal, like Germany. Also military symbols suck anyway so I’ll applaud Independent if they get rid of it.
I was in the us army and I have the sharpshooter pin, one level above your dad’s marksmans. 35 outa 40. Anyway the us army’s rifle qual cross doesn’t look like Indy’s cross and it’s wack as fuck to call his vet dad a nazi. Iron crosses need to have curved bars, unlike the qual pin pictured above and the Indy cross has curved bars so...

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
Fuck the rest, ride the best.

The only brand 100% free of any snowflakes!

the perfect truck if it ever existed... which it does (phantom 2.)

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
Getting offended by a logo is ridiculous’ says man offended by the changing of a logo
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »
people who are upset that Indy is dropping the cross logo are the same kind of people who are upset the Cleveland Indians are getting rid of chief wahoo.

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2020, 06:39:35 PM »
just ride aces

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
i could honestly care less what indy does because im a venture man myself. however, i will say i dont see what the big deal is because its not even the same cross the nazi's used, their cross had flat edges not round...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:55:29 PM by DA BIG BODY BENZ »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2020, 07:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I was in the us army and I have the sharpshooter pin, one level above your dad’s marksmans. 35 outa 40. Anyway the us army’s rifle qual cross doesn’t look like Indy’s cross and it’s wack as fuck to call his vet dad a nazi. Iron crosses need to have curved bars, unlike the qual pin pictured above and the Indy cross has curved bars so...

i was not serious. i am a firm believer that iron cross =/= nazi

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Did anyone consider not pressing the cross on the baseplate saves them a few pennies?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

but some iron crosses are nazi/WS so why would Indy want that associated in their marketing?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2020, 01:56:22 AM »
Ride another brand. All these dudes who ride for Indy and their main boy (Rhino) is a known racist. If they're gonna make changes fire the bro's, find another team outside of LA and make a change. Don't be a bitch and change a label b/c it'll sell more trucks. What's next? sponsoring some dudes from Baltimore? Kook to the max!!! They're not Venture nor are they Thunder. Ride the company out with the brand it is. There's a reason why losers from small cities get Ventures for free and the gnarly dudes skate Indy's. They pick their teams. Ledge skaters who grind the end of the ledge skate Ventures, dudes who air out of the coping skate indy's. I see a problem for these skater's who thing they're the shit but can't grind an entire ledge (Jahmir Brown).

Ya'll are a bunch of baby's and wont buy the trucks anyway with a rebrand. So stop acting like you give a shit and either ride em or go somewhere else, snowflakes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGdfji1J-YR/?igshid=18hxjh9lh9a9z

Looks like a whole ledge. You’re just as much of a baby crying over indy having to rebrand, go do some slash grinds fucker

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2020, 02:36:44 AM »
Did anyone consider not pressing the cross on the baseplate saves them a few pennies?

why not eliminate the script on the sides then? and just leave the logo. would make more sense to save money. also, no logo stamp means they use more metal in the long run and have to make a new mold without the logo. how is that saving them money? the old mold already existed. it would make sense if they were about to have new ones anyway. but it still doesn't mean they save money. they could save more money by other means. then again, people pay extra money for a truck with a hollowed out axle. basically trucks become more expensive the more material was cut from them successfully without compromising its lifespan, even though you get less material, unless the material itself is premium, like magnesium or titanium.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2020, 02:53:40 AM »
There's a reason why losers from small cities get Ventures for free and the gnarly dudes skate Indy's. They pick their teams. Ledge skaters who grind the end of the ledge skate Ventures, dudes who air out of the coping skate indy's. I see a problem for these skater's who thing they're the shit but can't grind an entire ledge (Jahmir Brown).

Well I mainly skate indys and have never done anything even slightly gnarly on a skateboard.  Kinda disproves your whole theory, doesn’t it?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2020, 03:48:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
but some iron crosses are nazi/WS so why would Indy want that associated in their marketing?

i donno man. i’ve always rode thunders
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:29:58 AM by straight fucking edge »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2020, 04:25:55 AM »
I'm old enough to remember when Indy's didn't have the fucking iron cross on the base plate.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2020, 05:28:40 AM »
They should just remake stage vii anyway. The best

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2020, 07:15:41 AM »
I'm old enough to remember when Indy's didn't have the fucking iron cross on the base plate.
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
Those stamped plates didn’t show up until the Stage 10s; is that correct?
I actually still own a couple/few pairs of various Stages. Blessed, I suppose.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2020, 08:51:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
Those stamped plates didn’t show up until the Stage 10s; is that correct?
I actually still own a couple/few pairs of various Stages. Blessed, I suppose.

i think the indys i had in 2006 or so didn't have a stamp, the next ones a few years later had one, then the next stage had a different stamp i think. i forgot what the last stamp was. it was just the cross and then the cross with a ring around or vice versa, i don't remember. i think stage 10 was the first iteration. stage 11 had a different stamp.

no idea what stage indy is at rn.

HUMANHATER

• Rep: -6
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
reminder:  the iron cross is a former military decoration in the Kingdom of Prussia...way before nazi germany, initially it has nothing to do with racism

JohnOakley

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2020, 09:20:20 AM »
Here's a solution: (no, not a 'final' one, don't get excited)

Take it off product sold in the US where you're likely to see some dipshit redneck/skinhead with a swastika tattoo right nest to an iron cross 'cos they mean the same thing to him. Because of that, the symbol has got itself a bad name.

Leave it on product sold in Europe and elsewhere as people there know the difference. It's not illegal in Germany for good reason, people are educated at an early age as to what's nazi and what's not.

There. I'll invoice NHS later after dinner.
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

Hopeless

• Rep: -1
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2020, 09:27:13 AM »
reminder:  the iron cross is a former military decoration in the Kingdom of Prussia...way before nazi germany, initially it has nothing to do with racism

Have you not gone through the rest of this thread?

Also, username doesn't help back up your point.