Author Topic: Oversized Skate Shoes (US14+)  (Read 142 times)

listentoaheartbeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
Oversized Skate Shoes (US14+)
« on: November 14, 2020, 02:28:12 AM »
Creating this thread to hopefully collect some information about oversized skate shoes. With my US15 sized feet it has always been a struggle to find shoes. When I was a kid, even US13 was hard to come by. My mom fixed up this one pair of large Airwalks again and again using leather patches and glue.

For a couple of years I was able to get the leather variant of the Vans Chukka Low, but I have not seen them in US15 for quite a while now. Itís weird with Vans, they donít seem to offer oversized shoes directly, but only distribute them to special shops. You really have to hunt them down.

Last year I spotted a US15 pair of some random Nike SB shoe and reluctantly bought it. Despite my general aversion to them I had to admit they were fantastic to skate in. So I started to include Nike in my searches and found that the Janoskis seem to be available in US15, even reliably so.

My first pair of Janoskis is breaking down now, and as much as I like them, I feel I really need some better ankle support. Wouldnít even mind high tops after repeated injuries. I have been looking for a few days now but cannot find anything but the Janoskis, some weird chunky DCs, and those classic Vans that are terrible to skate in, at least when you are heavy and old like me.

Anyone?

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Oversized Skate Shoes (US14+)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 03:40:27 AM »
https://www.oldskullskateboards.com/nike-sb-blazer-premium-se-skateboarding-shoe-free-usa-shipping/

Same shop has a couple other 14-15 just in the sale section.  Just happened to see them last night. 
Donít google it! Youíll get ads for life.

listentoaheartbeat

• Rep: 50
Re: Oversized Skate Shoes (US14+)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:02:38 AM »
Thanks! If it was black, Iíd have ordered it immediately. But even though I obviously cannot be too picky, that color bums me out a bit for the price Iíd have to pay including international shipping and import taxes. Definitely bookmarking that store, however.

EDIT: Various US15 Blazers available in EU, might just try this one for the winter season. Any differences between versions I should consider?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 04:16:15 AM by listentoaheartbeat »