Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71784 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2020, 08:17:15 AM »
Expand Quote
The change of influence, from Reynolds to Fat Bill is just not cool and not gonna do him any good.

And here comes the question, apart from Theotis who is loyal to cash, the full board sticker job, and Baker, is kader gonna fall into the TK, Antwan route and just become a pile? Has anyone else but Theotis made it that far, being black, on Baker?

Is Reynolds to blame? is it the image? Or just the fact that once let loose, they'll never be the same?
[close]

Honestly, we need to stop treating child pros like some sort of novelty.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »
Kader obviously became a legal adult, contracts were changing anyway and Nike made him an offer. Vans couldn't match that offer so he moved companies, you guys talk about loyalty to corporate companies like it means anything. Dudes come from like nothing, he shouldn't ride for the corporation that pays more because he rode for the other one for like what 2-3 years?

Unfortunately skate careers are unpredictable as hell and he probably knows that. Can't fault it. Also in regards to other sponsors change ups.. I'd hate to have the sponsors I would've picked at 15 in my 20s.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »
real question is will he ever develop some power in his skating like tyshawn did or will he skate like a little kid forever

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2020, 08:26:38 AM »
american contracts aren’t legal if you’re under 18. his contract was set to expire and this was his first adult deal. why do grown men care if a child wears sneakers with a stripe or a swoosh so much?

Sigh.  It’s a state by state issue.   Would you believe CA, home of the entertainment industry, might have more lenient laws about minors working. 

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2020, 08:27:00 AM »
Kader obviously became a legal adult, contracts were changing anyway and Nike made him an offer. Vans couldn't match that offer so he moved companies, you guys talk about loyalty to corporate companies like it means anything. Dudes come from like nothing, he shouldn't ride for the corporation that pays more because he rode for the other one for like what 2-3 years?

Unfortunately skate careers are unpredictable as hell and he probably knows that. Can't fault it. Also in regards to other sponsors change ups.. I'd hate to have the sponsors I would've picked at 15 in my 20s.

This is just good to do in any profession or job. You should always be aware that major companies will drop you any second that they need to. If opportunities come up after being at a job for a few years and building good relationships it shouldn't be frowned upon to move onward and upward.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2020, 08:27:38 AM »
Interesting that they picked up Kader as rumors are swirling that Nike is about to not re-up on as much as 70% of their contracts.

Going to be interesting to see who gets let go.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully Max still getting swoosh boxes/checks.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2020, 08:31:09 AM »
hahahahhahahahahah

am i allowed to call him a sponsor homie hopper yet?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
The change of influence, from Reynolds to Fat Bill is just not cool and not gonna do him any good.

And here comes the question, apart from Theotis who is loyal to cash, the full board sticker job, and Baker, is kader gonna fall into the TK, Antwan route and just become a pile? Has anyone else but Theotis made it that far, being black, on Baker?

Is Reynolds to blame? is it the image? Or just the fact that once let loose, they'll never be the same?

smh what kinda goofy ass shit is this? tf does race have to do with it?

michael scarn

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2020, 08:31:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Wonder when thankyoubaker will drop?
[close]

He was riding at least 1 all black blank is that vid

He's also riding a scram board and he's definitely not on scram. I wouldn't think too much about a blank

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2020, 08:37:10 AM »

Comes from nothing! He’s from the valley and lived in a single house.

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2020, 08:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wonder when thankyoubaker will drop?
[close]

He was riding at least 1 all black blank is that vid
[close]

He's also riding a scram board and he's definitely not on scram. I wouldn't think too much about a blank
I would

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2020, 08:41:43 AM »
the amount of racism and classism in here is getting a little out of hand
dude can go where he wants. even leaving baker and the boss would be ok for me.
dont see anything bad with it since hes the whole face of new baker

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »
Like others have said, pretty strong potential for FA camp. Bet it's sometime next year
The chillest1

eSK3

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2020, 08:43:01 AM »
Good for you kid. Know your worth and don’t leave any money on the table. You ain’t gotta be loyal to these corporations, because you know they ain’t loyal to you.

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2020, 08:46:27 AM »
Yes, these kinds of deals are a reality now. They are not common. Big companies are shifting resources to creating a handful of stars vs. putting every dirty park hero on flow.

Expand Quote
Nike probably offered him a million dollar, three year contract. I'd much rather see a guy like this on emerica, but a real contract from a company like Nike is basically the only way to really be pro in skateboarding these days.
[close]

does Nike really give skaters this much for 3-year deals? Seems like a lot. Not saying they aren't worth it, just that it seems generous of Nike.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
With Vans parent company VF Corp recent purchase of Supreme I would like to see them cut Kader out of the Supreme program.  With like a #toucheKader ad.
[close]
That would be funny, but he'd get scooped up quick by some other hypebeast brand.

Like which ? Let´s speculate.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2020, 09:04:28 AM »
might've been the contract, but his era pro colourway has been hitting shops in the past week or so

doubt they'd plan a shoe for him to leave moments after

lombard st.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2020, 09:08:15 AM »

I agree, the kid can go wherever he thinks is best for him.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »

come the fuck on. why are you defending such a wack decision so fucking hard? he jumped ship, again, but this time to the evil empire of nike. criticizing that decision is not fucking racist.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

come the fuck on. why are you defending such a wack decision so fucking hard? he jumped ship, again, but this time to the evil empire of nike. criticizing that decision is not fucking racist.
how much people despise this child on this website is absolutely rooted in racism

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2020, 09:28:27 AM »
Not really seeing a ton of "hate" on him. Mostly just talking about sponsor hopping, which isn't really all that damning of a thing for a kid to do.

I really like his skating but I stand by not turning little kids pro as a general philosophy.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
how much people despise this child on this website is absolutely rooted in racism
By some maybe, but you are acting like Ishod isn't one of the most beloved skaters on this site.

Anyone who blatantly sponsor hops this much and is overhyped is going to get shit talked, that's just slap. Sheckler got it way worse than Kader, and at a younger age.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2020, 09:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
By some maybe, but you are acting like Ishod isn't one of the most beloved skaters on this site.

Anyone who blatantly sponsor hops this much and is overhyped is going to get shit talked, that's just slap. Sheckler got it way worse than Kader, and at a younger age.

Who cares if he changes sponsors?   I don’t get the issue some have with this as long as he fulfills his contract.  I’d try out different situations while I was young, too.  See what works and what fits.   

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »
anyone bummed that he jumps ship for the bag is never allowed to quit a job for a better paycheck again. proud of you loyal hoe boys.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2020, 09:54:57 AM »
if i had a friend that every 16 months had a new job, i'd absolutely think that's weird.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2020, 10:02:44 AM »
anyways Baker reposted it on their story so he's not getting the Darius King treatment.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2020, 10:04:25 AM »
if i had a friend that every 16 months had a new job, i'd absolutely think that's weird.

Well, it isn’t a job, it’s a sponsorship.  It’s not like he was a skateboarder for a bit, then a CPA, then teacher.  He’s just wearing a different pair of shoes.  Even so, he’s a teenager and teenagers definitely change jobs.  And I think the timeline is closer to 3 years. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2020, 10:05:29 AM »
anyways Baker reposted it on their story so he's not getting the Darius King treatment.

And Reynolds posted it with “Favorite Skater” so I wouldn’t worry about him becoming the first Nike skater on FA yet

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »
At what age though ?