Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71840 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 05:34:25 AM »
Not mad at it

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 05:44:14 AM »
A lot of people say Kader is 'sponsor hopping' or whatever, but I don't hear those people question why the sponsors aren't able to keep him. He's doing well with his career overall, so I assume the sponsorship changes are motivated by moving brands for a bigger cheque. If I had to guess, I would imagine that Emerica was paying him in shoes and high fives, Vans probably offered a similar arrangement (if the stories are true about their humongous pro-flow team where nobody is getting paid), and maybe Nike is actually paying him well. If that's what happened, he's doing exactly what he should be. To me, the real question is 'why didn't Vans put up the money to keep him around?' Kader is 'in his window' right now, and he should get all the money he can while he's young, healthy, and marketable. He doesn't owe anything to Vans or Indy or whoever.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
It’s just that if he left Baker it would be to FA. No cool surprise move to Primitive or a random one like to Frog or something. It would be so he could have that class photo deck and be part of the cool kids club.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2020, 06:18:53 AM »
Fa is cringe fr

This fools getting nike checks, and still asking for cash app handouts lmao
Kader on thankyougofundme

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2020, 06:32:13 AM »
Nike probably offered him a million dollar, three year contract. I'd much rather see a guy like this on emerica, but a real contract from a company like Nike is basically the only way to really be pro in skateboarding these days.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2020, 06:34:21 AM »
trying to look cool while smoking weed in videos is next level cringe

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2020, 06:36:30 AM »
Sucks that Kader is leaving Vans, but if he’s getting paid by Nike, good on him. I hope this means Clive Dixon gets off pro flow and gets a spot on the team.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 06:39:33 AM »
It’s just that if he left Baker it would be to FA. No cool surprise move to Primitive or a random one like to Frog or something. It would be so he could have that class photo deck and be part of the cool kids club.

This I feel like it’s just a matter of dill saying jump and kader will jump to Fa/hockey. Every move he’s made has just been trend hopping.

Also still don’t see the hype in kader. This part was enjoyable but if it was a hesh kids part everyone would shit on all the rail chomping.

Gbeerme

• Rep: -4
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 06:41:15 AM »
With Vans parent company VF Corp recent purchase of Supreme I would like to see them cut Kader out of the Supreme program.  With like a #toucheKader ad of some sort

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 06:42:41 AM »
I don’t think he’ll leave baker if he’s cool with everyone there. Board sponsors don’t matter as much as they used to and baker is still huge.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 06:43:56 AM »
With Vans parent company VF Corp recent purchase of Supreme I would like to see them cut Kader out of the Supreme program.  With like a #toucheKader ad.
That would be funny, but he'd get scooped up quick by some other hypebeast brand.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
Reynolds: "How tf am I going to get on nike."

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 06:47:51 AM »
As long as his contract expired and he didn’t pull any tantrums insisting his sponsors drop him so he could move on, I don’t care if he is the Kevin Durant of the skate shoe game.   I don’t think he should be obligated to stay with an employer because it may not look good to change where he works.   I doubt Reynolds cares that much considering Kader was on long before him and he used to get shoes out his box

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 06:52:30 AM »
This boy needs to relax, keep a sponsor, keep a friend. I like him in the back seat talkin shit not doing intense silent stares rolling joints
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 06:52:51 AM »
I’m betting before the year is up he is going to be on fa and drawing weird shit on his jeans.
Patches galore.

MORT

• Rep: -2
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2020, 06:57:08 AM »
Good for you kid. Know your worth and don’t leave any money on the table. You ain’t gotta be loyal to these corporations, because you know they ain’t loyal to you.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2020, 07:21:10 AM »
Nike probably offered him a million dollar, three year contract. I'd much rather see a guy like this on emerica, but a real contract from a company like Nike is basically the only way to really be pro in skateboarding these days.

does Nike really give skaters this much for 3-year deals? Seems like a lot. Not saying they aren't worth it, just that it seems generous of Nike.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2020, 07:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
the kid is 18 let him choose what he likes

also bills filming is great

id rather watch a bill strobeck clip than any baker 4 clip

also for a kid at his age if he left baker they would feel so empty
[close]

You do understand that Baker 4 was the way it was because of Bill, right?

bill wouldve made this mess way more coherent.
shit was filmed with way to many different cameras and a boring overall edit

vinn

• Rep: -2
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2020, 07:30:03 AM »
Just wait until his next new collab/colorway with Nike and then he’ll left right after that

He left emerica when everybody just knew that he got a new colorway on a Wino slip-on, and he left vans after he got a Era X Baker colorway

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2020, 07:31:54 AM »
Sucks that Kader is leaving Vans, but if he’s getting paid by Nike, good on him. I hope this means Clive Dixon gets off pro flow and gets a spot on the team.

You almost had the right take

Edit:

he left vans a year after he got a Era X Baker colorway

Fixed that
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2020, 07:36:13 AM »
american contracts aren’t legal if you’re under 18. his contract was set to expire and this was his first adult deal. why do grown men care if a child wears sneakers with a stripe or a swoosh so much?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
american contracts aren’t legal if you’re under 18. his contract was set to expire and this was his first adult deal. why do grown men care if a child wears sneakers with a stripe or a swoosh so much?

I don’t think anyone actual cares what shoes he’s wearing. Just observations on a skate forum about a skateboarder hopping   sponsors. You know on a skate forum. Kinda stuff that may be discussed at length on a skate forum. 

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2020, 07:49:18 AM »
Not surprised and I'm sure at this point he has an agent and they are out to get him paid. Also feel like he's had this thing about getting out of the Reynolds shadow and shedding any sponsors that tie to that. FA is just a matter of time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:55 AM »
Not surprised and I'm sure at this point he has an agent and they are out to get him paid. Also feel like he's had this thing about getting out of the Reynolds shadow and shedding any sponsors that tie to that. FA is just a matter of time.

What Reynolds shadow?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2020, 07:53:27 AM »
He'd been on Vans for a while now. The contract probably just expired. Let's be real, when Nike asks you if you want to ride, you say YES
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
Interesting that they picked up Kader as rumors are swirling that Nike is about to not re-up on as much as 70% of their contracts.

Going to be interesting to see who gets let go.
I need a coffee

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2020, 08:02:40 AM »

Going to be interesting to see who gets let go.

Theotis

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2020, 08:07:49 AM »
Terp rn:

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2020, 08:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What Reynolds shadow?

I believe the implication is that Kader is actually white, and only appears to be black because he is in the shadow that Andrew Reynolds casts by standing in certain positions in the sunlight.

The world will be shocked when it's revealed that his name is actually Kayden.

Stackhaus

• Rep: -3
  • Always remember, yourself is steam
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2020, 08:10:12 AM »
The change of influence, from Reynolds to Fat Bill is just not cool and not gonna do him any good.

And here comes the question, apart from Theotis who is loyal to cash, the full board sticker job, and Baker, is kader gonna fall into the TK, Antwan route and just become a pile? Has anyone else but Theotis made it that far, being black, on Baker?

Is Reynolds to blame? is it the image? Or just the fact that once let loose, they'll never be the same?

Honestly, we need to stop treating child pros like some sort of novelty. there need to be steps to help young pros and make sure they don't end up like every other young baker pro.