Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 72013 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #390 on: December 25, 2020, 07:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would y’all want the sponsors your 14 year old self chose?
[close]

i don’t think black label is around anymore?!
[close]

I'd still be on Black Label and Duffs myself

i too loved jason adams as a 14 year old

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #391 on: December 25, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Kid is beyond overrated and apparently not loyal nor willing to do any long haul work with sponsors.

Drugs and what is perceived to be an infinite amount of money will get him. If he mattered in two years from now, I’d be shocked.
[close]
You continually prove to be one of the most delusional posters on this message board. Congratulations.

Glad you’re following along!

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #392 on: December 25, 2020, 09:41:58 AM »
Kader should sign with Nike once he figures "it" out. Take the money and run, his 30 year hold self would appreciate it. Can't skate forever, eff getting some lame day job once you're done on the board.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 681
  • Free Max B
« Reply #393 on: December 25, 2020, 09:46:58 AM »
waiting for the inevitable post of him doing all those tricks over that bank skating in timbs.

free max b
FREE MAX B

ballintoohard

« Reply #394 on: December 25, 2020, 10:32:20 AM »
Why does anyone care? He still hasn’t really released a marquee part. Baker 4 was a weird underwhelming mix that wasn’t bad, but forgettable. His style is improving, but there’s only so much IG park footage and shitty edits one can put out before the hype simmers.

Lisa96

« Reply #395 on: December 25, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
Kader should sign with Nike once he figures "it" out. Take the money and run, his 30 year hold self would appreciate it. Can't skate forever, eff getting some lame day job once you're done on the board.

yeah thats the only other option

KBizzle

« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah thats the only other option

I'm sure most of the pros with Nike contracts aren't mad at the decision to ride the Swoosh, Lisa. Everyone wants to live a kush life post skate career.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
hE iS oVeRrAtEd

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #398 on: December 25, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would y’all want the sponsors your 14 year old self chose?
[close]

i don’t think black label is around anymore?!
[close]

I'd still be on Black Label and Duffs myself
[close]

i too loved jason adams as a 14 year old

I am with all ov you here on either

Black Label & Duffs
Or
Flip & Vans
Or
Baker & Emerica

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #399 on: December 25, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
hE iS oVeRrAtEd

Sorry dawg. Not bad by any means, but in 2020 a couple skatepark flip tricks cut up to future(?) ain't exactly standout content.

He sponsor hops more than anyone else in recent times but I have no vested interest in these companies. I don't get the hype but am also not 12. Kids obviously like him enough to get these companies to entertain all this.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
Almost getting to Kader Markovich status. Anyone remember when Tyshawn was skating Nikes for a brief minute before going to ///?

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #401 on: December 25, 2020, 06:07:55 PM »
He's right on track to go down Antwuan Street.
Was I imagining things, or did I see a clip of Reynolds giving Kader a buzz cut and finding a huge mass of psoriasis on his scalp?
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

ricky bobby

« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
Was I imagining things, or did I see a clip of Reynolds giving Kader a buzz cut and finding a huge mass of psoriasis on his scalp?
What? Why is he on track to be like Antwuan? Because he smokes weed and changes his sponsors?

ballintoohard

« Reply #403 on: December 25, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
certainly isn't because of putting out legendary parts. 

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #404 on: December 25, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What? Why is he on track to be like Antwuan? Because he smokes weed and changes his sponsors?

And is Black??! Fucking racist pig!

As i said before, antwuan was battling personal losses and feeling alone. His lifestyle alone didnt turn him the way he was. His thinking was blocked by depression and Drug use was making him numb. Kader seems like a happy kid Smoking weed like any other kid does his age.

Fuck Companys bro they earn money off of you go anywhere you want. I love the idea of being sponsored by someone just for year or so

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #405 on: December 25, 2020, 09:29:17 PM »
When people say Antwuan is it because they can’t think of a second super popular black skater because I don’t see any commonalities other than Baker.  Darrell Stanton is the obvious correlation to make if you’re going down this dumb path with leaving Real/Vans for the Plan B/DC shit show and kooking himself out of the industry

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #406 on: December 25, 2020, 10:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote
hE iS oVeRrAtEd

[close]
Sorry dawg. Not bad by any means, but in 2020 a couple skatepark flip tricks cut up to future(?) ain't exactly standout content.

He sponsor hops more than anyone else in recent times but I have no vested interest in these companies. I don't get the hype but am also not 12. Kids obviously like him enough to get these companies to entertain all this.

yeah exactly wtf he just did some of the easiest flips tricks down like a 7 stair gap at a skatepark and people are hyping the fuck out of him? Have you seen pros skate lately? This isn't it. Penny did a much better switch fs flip over a handrail down a gap twice as big like 25 years. It's all hype, he is extremely marketable and is a great addition to any team because of this but not really an amazing skater. Dudes working full time jobs at my local park would switch big flip that little gap and not even bother to film it.

fs180

« Reply #407 on: December 25, 2020, 10:15:16 PM »
Those switch big Flip guys, can they skate Transition and do every single basic flip Trick down gaps while looking beautiful doing it? I doubt that those 28 year old red neck skaters have the same skating ability as kader. Prove me wrong.

Also i dont Think he hasnt done those tricks down the gap before.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #408 on: December 25, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »
Kaders insta seems more like a weed dispensary commercial than skateboarders profile these days

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 139
« Reply #409 on: December 25, 2020, 10:38:54 PM »
Kid has good style.
I like watching him skate. One of the few skaters i don't mind watching skate park footage of.

At this point I back him fucking with shoe sponsors. Why would you be loyal to nike, adidas or vans. I still don't understand this brand loyalty bullshit. For hardgoods i get it. Especially for smaller brands. But for billion dollar corps gtfo. Especially if you have no contract.

KBizzle

« Reply #410 on: December 25, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »
It's pretty common that athletes who don't have a shoe contract wear any and everything until they do. I'm wearing whatever TF I want if I'm not getting paid.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #411 on: December 26, 2020, 12:04:50 AM »
It's insulting to compare 'Twan to Kader, at one point he was on another level, whereas Kader is, well just watch the insta clip above this.

As for blaming a teen to make stupid decisions sponsorwise... C'mon.

fs180

« Reply #412 on: December 26, 2020, 12:16:55 AM »
Tf are you guys watching the same insta Clips as me? Kader is so damn good. He skates lines upon lines what are you talking about? He is has a far bigger bag Bag of tricks than antwuan had. He just cant stomp and skate big stuff yet like antwuan whos like 6'4 did

I love how skaters Think at vans everyone in the company involved are family and friends and everyone skates during their Lunch break at the factory and the guys play games of skate and they have a miniramp in the bathroom.

In reality 90 percent never stood on a board and the Rest are some Business guys who skated in the 80s and only know shit about carving and skating slalom

Yo how can u let down those rich Business guys and Chinese workers you never met in your life? They wsnted to earn money from you how dare you to just leave

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #413 on: December 26, 2020, 12:21:34 AM »
Tf are you guys watching the same insta Clips as me? Kader is so damn good. He skates lines upon lines what are you talking about? He is has a far bigger bag Bag of tricks than antwuan had. He just cant stomp and skate big stuff yet like antwuan whos like 6'4 did

I love how skaters Think at vans everyone in the company involved are family and friends and everyone skates during their Lunch break at the factory and the guys play games of skate and they have a miniramp in the bathroom.

In reality 90 percent never stood on a board and the Rest are some Business guys who skated in the 80s and only know shit about carving and skating slalom
He good, but simmer the fuck down bro god damn

fs180

« Reply #414 on: December 26, 2020, 12:37:27 AM »
Im not angry bro i Think its stupid to hate on a kid like that for trying things out.
I always hated those older skaters who would lil bro you and as long as its straight up skating be your friend cause they can learn from you but make fun of your mistakes and struggles of growing up.

Vans is so much bigger than Andrew reynolds. They are happy because more skaters feel like buying vans nower days but lets be real skaters arent the biggest selling market of nike,adidas or even vans. Losing a rider is making them lose sales but i Think they can stay in Business with minor losses no matter who is leaving.

With decks its different, but at the same time, if sombody doesnt want to ride for you anymore, after you kicked out guys right before having a video part in baker 4, i wouldnt feel sorry either. Those werent friendships than? So than its about sales and productivity. Even worse when you skate better than ever like cyril Jackson did.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #415 on: December 26, 2020, 01:31:35 AM »
Why hate on him for insta throwaway park clips? You all know how this shit works.

conqueso

« Reply #416 on: December 26, 2020, 01:53:17 AM »
antuwans parts are timeless. don't think I've ever rewatched a kader part

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #417 on: December 26, 2020, 08:59:32 AM »
Kid has good style.
I like watching him skate. One of the few skaters i don't mind watching skate park footage of.

At this point I back him fucking with shoe sponsors. Why would you be loyal to nike, adidas or vans. I still don't understand this brand loyalty bullshit. For hardgoods i get it. Especially for smaller brands. But for billion dollar corps gtfo. Especially if you have no contract.

I saw him at courthouse a few times a couple months back and his style is amazing in person especially for the random switch nollie tricks he was just fucking around with it looked like. But I agree with everyone on here he has yet to really do anything pro worthy . He’s not really any different than most these LA park kids.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #418 on: December 26, 2020, 09:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Kid has good style.

[close]

I saw him at courthouse a few times a couple months back and his style is amazing in person especially for the random switch nollie tricks he was just fucking around with it looked like. But I agree with everyone on here he has yet to really do anything pro worthy . He’s not really any different than most these LA park kids.

i mean he invented the switch nollie, for starters

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #419 on: December 27, 2020, 01:48:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kid has good style.

[close]

[close]

i mean he invented the switch nollie, for starters

Back in my day we called it fakie