Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 72046 times)

KBizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #690 on: March 10, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Every Dunk sells out within minutes, depending on how many Nike is making is another issue. No way Adidas is making better sales with any of their shoes.

Just this week alone Nike dropping 4 Dunks on SNKRS. ( I really need those Carpet Company Dunks  :'()
Adidas never will have the Hypebeast crowd for their skate shoes.
[close]

They had the Kanye hype for a while.  Thought they were goofy looking as shit

Kanye got goofy and fucked up his line. People still buy them, which is weird AF.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #691 on: March 10, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Every Dunk sells out within minutes, depending on how many Nike is making is another issue. No way Adidas is making better sales with any of their shoes.

Just this week alone Nike dropping 4 Dunks on SNKRS. ( I really need those Carpet Company Dunks  :'()
[close]

[close]

Kanye got goofy and fucked up his line. People still buy them, which is weird AF.

Cos this isn't goofy

Let's be honest they are all ultra goofy, power lame.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #692 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
slap still scrutinizing the lifestyle of a pro loved by basically everyone except the weirdos here on Slap.  in a thread not about him where he was just brought up because he's also black. Furthermore the aspiring financial analysts here can't figure out the math behind how the pro with the most sponsors ever at one time can afford a car and a house.
[close]

Again, the issue wasn’t that he afforded them or what he did with the money, but why a skater who was never considered notable talent-wise, but was seen as a good kid was making Bentley money when you’re average pro was making Honda money.  It’s not specifically about Bentleys, that’s just a symbol for his rarefied levels of earnings he’s made as a skateboarder (which no one has a problem with).

It was/is a discussion on how skateboarding isn’t a meritocracy and how brands value riders because of what they bring to the table as well.  I never knew personally what Theotis brought to the table outside of skateboarding.   Just like I didn’t know what Brophy did.  People are discussing it, sharing tidbits they know.  It’s not some attack on anyone. 

People are on Slap because they’re interested in skateboarding as an activity and as an industry.   Perhaps I, like others, may not express questions/opinions I have as delicately as I could, but spend anytime on the boards beyond the past two weeks when you’ve been trying to stir up helter skelter and you’ll be able to tell the people who are trolls who bear ill-will and say shit just to be outrageous (you) and who are aren’t.
[close]

how was he never considered notable skill-wise? theotis is on a similar level of tech skating skill as torey pudwill but with a better style. just watch his chronicles 2 part, i had that shit on repeat when i was 14. i'm sure it might not appeal to you, i kinda grew out of that too but i know for a fact that back then he was one of the top pros on baker next to herman and reynolds, pretty much all of my skate friends fucked with him, we bought baker boards because of him, we wore p-rod 6s because of him, we wore 5 panel hats because of him and as much as i wish that it wasn't true it's the kids like us then that decide what's cool and what's not cool in skateboarding. i just watched that whole video just to know that i'm not biased because of the nostalgia and that fucking banger of a lil wayne song but it still is the second best part of that whole video (ishod is 1st of course), it's just the fits and the pinchless crooked grinds that didn't age well. you just don't like his skating and that's ok, but the fact that YOU don't like it doesn't mean that it's objectively wack and that theotis isn't talented because he sure as fuck is. those average honda-driving pros you mentioned probably don't have the skill, personality and the marketability of theotis, that's why they're driving that beat up 1998 honda accord while theotis is flexing his bentley on insta.

Dude, come on

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #693 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cos this isn't goofy

Let's be honest they are all ultra goofy, power lame.

Goofy colorway, but the design of the shoe isn’t bad.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #694 on: March 10, 2021, 10:50:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
these big shoe cos know what they're doing business wise. I doubt Adidas skate is even worth it at all for Adidas. they don't have a dunk that people line up for or a janoski that was like the default skate shoe for over a decade. the last limited FA and last two Gonz Alohas are still at the shops and their "core" shoes can always be found at the outlet here for 30 dollars

I could totally see Adidas canceling their skate shop contracts and just selling online. but it also seems like the Adidas situation is very different in Europe and America.

IDK why Kader blew it with both Vans and Nike to try to get on Adidas. seem like an unwise career move . but I heard some weird stuff that he wanted Nike and Nike wanted him on but Supreme wanted him to stay on Vans due to some strategy with the VF acquisition and screwed his nike deal over at the manager/agent level. then it all blew up and now he's off everything and looking for sponsors
[close]

I can tell you Adidas superstars sells more than both dunk and Janoski.
[close]

In Europe where I am from. Adidas would be the biggest seller too.
[close]

I mean an apt comparison is the superstar ADV, comparing standard superstars sales to janoski or SB dunks is apples and oranges. Personally I feel like Adidas skateboarding hits in waves, at certain times there's a huge push and I feel like everything I see Adidas related, but maybe it's just me. I feel like they've been pretty quiet since they supposedly dropped loads of shops, plus having videos delete off YouTube is a super weird strategy also. Nike are pretty damn constant when it comes to pushing this shit, plus they take little risk with new designs of shoes these days, everything is either a blazer, dunk, or court variation it seems. In my opinion Adidas have more interesting designs these days which I applaud, especially cause you can usually buy their shit without having to deal with a whole raffle + resale predicament that nike have created.
[close]

Its not apples to oranges. Skateboard program helped the trend of  standards superstars cameback. Now you see  them in
 everywhere.  I know that shoe is a timeless classic, but since 2010 they got a  reboost. Adidas superstars is one of the biggest selling shoes ever, next to chuck taylors.

I really don't think skateboarding has much to do with shelltoes' "reboost." They've been "reboosted" since around 92. They're more a thing of hip-hop than skating.  Same with Puma suedes. I would even go as far to say specifically breakdancing probably had/has contributed the most to their popularity. They just look good especially with coordinated fat laces. My teenage nieces own both shoes and know next to nothing of skating, they know more about breakin' and hip- hop from growing up with hip-hop parent....What's wild is both superstars and suede pumas used to be like $30 brand new and now they can go for as much as $80.

Tuff Lover

« Reply #695 on: March 10, 2021, 10:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Limited editions with 50/100 pairs and a lot of marketing around it. Sure, few pairs sells fast.

Superstars sells 100 around the world in munites.

https://qz.com/1981810/a-nepotism-scandal-means-nike-must-rebuild-trust-with-sneakerheads/

"Bloomberg’s story featured reseller Joe Hebert, whose business West Coast Streetwear was able to make tens of thousands in profit on a single sneaker release. It noted his mother was Ann Hebert, who was then the vice president and general manager of Nike’s North American business."

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #696 on: March 10, 2021, 11:14:28 AM »
Yall are comparing limited overhyped sneakers with regular shoes. Apples to oranges.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #697 on: March 10, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
slap still scrutinizing the lifestyle of a pro loved by basically everyone except the weirdos here on Slap.  in a thread not about him where he was just brought up because he's also black. Furthermore the aspiring financial analysts here can't figure out the math behind how the pro with the most sponsors ever at one time can afford a car and a house.
[close]

Again, the issue wasn’t that he afforded them or what he did with the money, but why a skater who was never considered notable talent-wise, but was seen as a good kid was making Bentley money when you’re average pro was making Honda money.  It’s not specifically about Bentleys, that’s just a symbol for his rarefied levels of earnings he’s made as a skateboarder (which no one has a problem with).

It was/is a discussion on how skateboarding isn’t a meritocracy and how brands value riders because of what they bring to the table as well.  I never knew personally what Theotis brought to the table outside of skateboarding.   Just like I didn’t know what Brophy did.  People are discussing it, sharing tidbits they know.  It’s not some attack on anyone. 

People are on Slap because they’re interested in skateboarding as an activity and as an industry.   Perhaps I, like others, may not express questions/opinions I have as delicately as I could, but spend anytime on the boards beyond the past two weeks when you’ve been trying to stir up helter skelter and you’ll be able to tell the people who are trolls who bear ill-will and say shit just to be outrageous (you) and who are aren’t.
[close]

how was he never considered notable skill-wise? theotis is on a similar level of tech skating skill as torey pudwill but with a better style. just watch his chronicles 2 part, i had that shit on repeat when i was 14. i'm sure it might not appeal to you, i kinda grew out of that too but i know for a fact that back then he was one of the top pros on baker next to herman and reynolds, pretty much all of my skate friends fucked with him, we bought baker boards because of him, we wore p-rod 6s because of him, we wore 5 panel hats because of him and as much as i wish that it wasn't true it's the kids like us then that decide what's cool and what's not cool in skateboarding. i just watched that whole video just to know that i'm not biased because of the nostalgia and that fucking banger of a lil wayne song but it still is the second best part of that whole video (ishod is 1st of course), it's just the fits and the pinchless crooked grinds that didn't age well. you just don't like his skating and that's ok, but the fact that YOU don't like it doesn't mean that it's objectively wack and that theotis isn't talented because he sure as fuck is. those average honda-driving pros you mentioned probably don't have the skill, personality and the marketability of theotis, that's why they're driving that beat up 1998 honda accord while theotis is flexing his bentley on insta.

Theotis was considered notable talent-wise. This is clear with his early Nike/Baker/Mountain Dew sponsorships. He was really fucking good as a kid and showed a lot of promise. I just don't think he ever progressed past a certain point and didn't keep up with skateboarding's increasing talent level, as well as the way tricks were going. As has been mentioned before, he literally took any sponsor he could get. Most pros don't do that. When dumb corpo sponsors call they say no, either because they personally don't want to work with brands like that or don't want to appear to have sold out. Theotis doesn't seem to have those qualms and was willing to take those paycheques. I bet there are lots of pros that could be in his financial position if they were willing to sell-out in the way he did (no disrespect to him, get that money if you want it).

To say that Theotis is comparable to T-puds is a joke right? I'm not a big Torey fan, but he was on some next-level tech shit around that time. Theotis was a really talented kid skater. Torey was doing shit, like it or not, that was basically NBD.

Tuff Lover

« Reply #698 on: March 10, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Yall are comparing limited overhyped sneakers with regular shoes. Apples to oranges.
[close]

It's apples to apples.... you know there are different types of apples right? I've only heard of 3 of them.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #699 on: March 10, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Theotis was considered notable talent-wise. This is clear with his early Nike/Baker/Mountain Dew sponsorships. He was really fucking good as a kid and showed a lot of promise. I just don't think he ever progressed past a certain point and didn't keep up with skateboarding's increasing talent level, as well as the way tricks were going. As has been mentioned before, he literally took any sponsor he could get. Most pros don't do that. When dumb corpo sponsors call they say no, either because they personally don't want to work with brands like that or don't want to appear to have sold out. Theotis doesn't seem to have those qualms and was willing to take those paycheques. I bet there are lots of pros that could be in his financial position if they were willing to sell-out in the way he did (no disrespect to him, get that money if you want it).

To say that Theotis is comparable to T-puds is a joke right? I'm not a big Torey fan, but he was on some next-level tech shit around that time. Theotis was a really talented kid skater. Torey was doing shit, like it or not, that was basically NBD.

Look it’s been almost 10 years so it’s hazy, but wasn’t Theotis notable because he was good for his age?   He was never seen one of the best flat out.   But even being a mid-tier isn’t as disparaging as people think.   Even on of the worst players in the NBA is likely in the top 300 players on earth.   He’s got talent, all the sponsors might have stemmed the hunger/need to push himself, but he’s a solid mid-video part skater

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #700 on: March 10, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i'm not even hating man, big bang was one of the first video parts i've ever seen, i used to watch that shit all the time when i was 11 or 12. i'm sure torey did some ledge tricks that theotis probably couldn't do, but then again i'm sure theotis did some manual tricks that torey probably couldn't do. both manuals and ledge combos are considered tech skating but i could have been more precise with my wording.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #701 on: March 10, 2021, 05:33:05 PM »
At this point I hope kader is trolling this thread lmao, but honestly he probably has better things to do than browse a thread with a bunch of racists over analyzing his 400IQ business decisions

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #702 on: March 10, 2021, 05:39:41 PM »
At this point I hope kader is trolling this thread lmao, but honestly he probably has better things to do than browse a thread with a bunch of racists over analyzing his 400IQ business decisions

Wait a minute....is that story post for real? Is he actually trying to sell that truck already?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #703 on: March 10, 2021, 05:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wait a minute....is that story post for real? Is he actually trying to sell that truck already?

following this kid is gonna give me an ulcer
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #704 on: March 10, 2021, 06:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

following this kid is gonna give me an ulcer

Right? he should be leasing

manysnakes

« Reply #705 on: March 10, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
these big shoe cos know what they're doing business wise. I doubt Adidas skate is even worth it at all for Adidas. they don't have a dunk that people line up for or a janoski that was like the default skate shoe for over a decade. the last limited FA and last two Gonz Alohas are still at the shops and their "core" shoes can always be found at the outlet here for 30 dollars

I could totally see Adidas canceling their skate shop contracts and just selling online. but it also seems like the Adidas situation is very different in Europe and America.

IDK why Kader blew it with both Vans and Nike to try to get on Adidas. seem like an unwise career move . but I heard some weird stuff that he wanted Nike and Nike wanted him on but Supreme wanted him to stay on Vans due to some strategy with the VF acquisition and screwed his nike deal over at the manager/agent level. then it all blew up and now he's off everything and looking for sponsors
[close]

I can tell you Adidas superstars sells more than both dunk and Janoski.

Yeah, it's really wild to read this. Adidas made gigantic strides over the past two decades, and is now absolutely Nike's biggest rival. I don't think Nike's losing sleep, but adidas went from like $3b/year in revenue in 2000 to $14b in 2019. I wouldn't bet on it, but I also will not be remotely surprised if Adidas overtakes Nike before 2030
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:17:02 PM by manysnakes »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #706 on: March 10, 2021, 06:07:00 PM »

kader rules i love this kid

manysnakes

« Reply #707 on: March 10, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »
Reynolds is the Ed Buck of skateboarding.

No I will not explain.

lol

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 681
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #708 on: March 10, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This shit is too fucking funny. Best dude In skating. He hit his GT-like growth spurt and it’s about to be a wrap unless he just straight quits. Dudes too sick

Free max b

Free max b
FREE MAX B

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #709 on: March 10, 2021, 06:52:29 PM »
He keeps going live on IG and not saying a word and it’s hilarious.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -16
« Reply #710 on: March 10, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
This shit is too fucking funny. Best dude In skating. He hit his GT-like growth spurt and it’s about to be a wrap unless he just straight quits. Dudes too sick

Free max b

Free max b
Exactly Pete knows what’s good. I don’t understand how ppl don’t realize Kader is constantly trolling. I swear half you guys have a 70 iq

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #711 on: March 10, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Reynolds is the Ed Buck of skateboarding.

No I will not explain.

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #712 on: March 26, 2021, 10:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Free max b

Free max b
[close]
Exactly Pete knows what’s good. I don’t understand how ppl don’t realize Kader is constantly trolling. I swear half you guys have a 70 iq

Dude is probably laughing his ass off reading threads like this and going live with a bunch of retards trying to sneak into his life.
Imagine being his age and getting this much attention, you'd probably do the same and just troll everybody nonstop

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #713 on: March 26, 2021, 11:10:14 AM »
TL:DR is he on adidas or not?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Grind King Rims

« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2021, 02:13:12 PM »

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
YES. He is on ///. Trust

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2021, 06:21:51 PM »
Kader is rad. He can do as he pleases. Corporations are just rungs in a ladder. Fuck em , use em, utilize them to propel yourself.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #717 on: March 27, 2021, 07:02:05 AM »
Nike lagged on the contract for months adidas swooped in and made the offer. End of thread

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #718 on: March 27, 2021, 07:32:48 AM »
I don’t care what he looks better in, I just want to know his feet are comfortable.

I didn’t get inception.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Fhk

« Reply #719 on: March 27, 2021, 07:45:45 AM »
I'm getting a lot of heel lift in Adidas lately, so I'm heading back to Nike full time. The empire will not collapse w/o Kader.