Author Topic: WHAT IS BEST COMPUTER FOR HVX200 MINI DV TAPE EDITING,  (Read 987 times)

Swfrontslam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
WHAT IS BEST COMPUTER FOR HVX200 MINI DV TAPE EDITING,
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:18:46 AM »
Somebody please help me. Its such a process to get my tapes onto my computer, with mac i can only use inovie and not premier pro so fuck mac. Im looking for a laptop that might have a firewire port or adapter for one. Please help me sk8 community🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: WHAT IS BEST COMPUTER FOR HVX200 MINI DV TAPE EDITING,
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:46:39 AM »
Whats the reason you can't use premier pro?
Any older Laptop with a firewire card built in might be little difficult to find. But you can get a desktop and put a pci express firewire card into it really easily.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 06:37:14 PM »
If you wanted to shoot on tape why didn't you get a DVX? A HVX just for SD is a bit much but that's my opinion. Like the person above said, either an older laptop or a card you put into a desktop. Simple

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
If you wanted to shoot on tape why didn't you get a DVX? A HVX just for SD is a bit much but that's my opinion. Like the person above said, either an older laptop or a card you put into a desktop. Simple

Completely read over that part about the SD on HVX. Most def would suggest a dvx or even a vx2100.

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:41 PM »
if i recall correctly, the hvx200 doesn't have a port to connect it to computer for dv to firewire.... your best bet would be to get a p2 card (ebay has em for like 100-200 for a small one) and just film HD........

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 05:50:26 AM »
It does, but only works on a mac, for PC you need to use the mini USB port.

But yeah why have you bought an HVX to film on tapes? That's a colossal waste of money. Like others said grab some P2 cards and use it how it's supposed to be used, or get a VX/DVX
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Swfrontslam

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Any older Laptop with a firewire card built in might be little difficult to find. But you can get a desktop and put a pci express firewire card into it really easily.

I’ve tried with an old ass fully functional macbook and with a newer one but i think the issue is with the macs. On The first computer the software was too old to do pretty much anything. And on the new computer the software was too new so even when I would go to Premier Pro and go to capture settings the only option that would show up would be HTV. I’ve captured successfully DV on my friends desktop thru 2016 premiere pro so I think I’m leaning closer to building my own computer to just make this editing process to make this work

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 12:06:49 PM »
I'm using the latest version of Premiere and you can definitely still capture in DV
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »
I'm using the latest version of Premiere and you can definitely still capture in DV

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 11:35:59 PM »

I you have the latest macbook with Big Sur OS you don't have the DV capture option anymore  :(
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 04:14:20 AM »
Well ain't that some shit. One reason for OP to get a PC then, on top of saving about $2000

suckmadeck

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 07:10:00 AM »
if i recall correctly, the hvx200 doesn't have a port to connect it to computer for dv to firewire.... your best bet would be to get a p2 card (ebay has em for like 100-200 for a small one) and just film HD........

Nope it has a 4pin firewire port behind the USB port

suckmadeck

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 07:10:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve tried with an old ass fully functional macbook and with a newer one but i think the issue is with the macs. On The first computer the software was too old to do pretty much anything. And on the new computer the software was too new so even when I would go to Premier Pro and go to capture settings the only option that would show up would be HTV. I’ve captured successfully DV on my friends desktop thru 2016 premiere pro so I think I’m leaning closer to building my own computer to just make this editing process to make this work

HDV? Might be something in the settings you need to change or maybe when you create a project!

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »
i didn't use a hvx200 in 10 years, but i remember it was weird switching the capture mode from P2 to DV, and you had to change some settings in the menus.

when you re in playback mode, check in the menu if AV IN/OUT is set to: 1394 out

suckmadeck

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 07:40:17 PM »
i didn't use a hvx200 in 10 years, but i remember it was weird switching the capture mode from P2 to DV, and you had to change some settings in the menus.

when you re in playback mode, check in the menu if AV IN/OUT is set to: 1394 out

It's just a switch on the back to go from the cards or the tape. And you'll wanna go to USB settings or something like that

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 08:59:13 AM »
i was not talkind about how to switch to VCR but the menu setting you need to change