Author Topic: The Official Kamala Devi Harris Inauguration Thread  (Read 2171 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Official Kamala Devi Harris Inauguration Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2021, 07:30:53 PM »
Expand Quote
That link...wow. Couldn't have asked for a more trustworthy source.
[close]
i don't have a leftwing source but there are several that quote her dad naming the slave owning ancestor.
https://www.westernjournal.com/kamala-harris-ancestors-slave-owners-will-left-cancel/
Your argument seems to ignore the concept of rape.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2021, 08:07:44 PM »
As an outsider watching U.S. politics from afar I'm going to agree to disagree with those saying the VP isn't that important for a few reasons- as the tiebreaking vote in the Senate (granted has not been a factor seemingly forever but may be called into play in the next sitting), the age of Biden, and in this weird climate anyone who knows how LBJ became President should keep that in mind. The last is far fetched I know but I also never thought a Confederate flag would be carried proudly through the Capitol Building either.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2021, 08:16:46 PM »
^^^
Ya, aside from being next in line, VP can wield a great deal of power for sure, look no further back than Cheney's administration.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2021, 05:44:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That link...wow. Couldn't have asked for a more trustworthy source.
[close]
i don't have a leftwing source but there are several that quote her dad naming the slave owning ancestor.
https://www.westernjournal.com/kamala-harris-ancestors-slave-owners-will-left-cancel/
[close]
Your argument seems to ignore the concept of rape.

Was gonna say the same thing.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
As an outsider watching U.S. politics from afar I'm going to agree to disagree with those saying the VP isn't that important for a few reasons- as the tiebreaking vote in the Senate (granted has not been a factor seemingly forever but may be called into play in the next sitting), the age of Biden, and in this weird climate anyone who knows how LBJ became President should keep that in mind. The last is far fetched I know but I also never thought a Confederate flag would be carried proudly through the Capitol Building either.

I think in this specific circumstance, you're right. Joe is old as fuck and has not aged gracefully like our boy tio Bernard. If there was going to be a president who passes on from natural causes it would be Joe, making Kamala very powerful