Author Topic: Hakeem Ducksworth of Chocolate?  (Read 14710 times)

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: Hakeem Ducksworth of Chocolate?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:16 PM »
Jeron’s other comment about vrrsaceplug was pretty tasty too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHzrKxMgYWo/?igshid=s4mzc9jeujtx

I agree with Jeron and I salute him for dropping the buttery nice guy schtick - even though he is a buttery nice guy - to preach thr harsh truth.

I like that he’s ready to show some claws.

I disagree with Jeron about Hyun, but I'm glad someone on the Nine Club is actually making provocative and opinionated comments.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
Mad Carl Aikens Footage throughout the year in most if not all of Naquan Rollings’ YouTube edits, for those in question of his output.

Big fan.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
dude posted clips a couple of weeks ago in a girl shirt so idk this seems a little speculative

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »
To Pimp A Skateboarder

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 05:05:05 PM »
he’s off.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
https://chocolateskateboards.com/90-3mc

Not listed on the site. No big loss if true, but could this have something to do with what Jeron said on the Nine Club recently? Probably not, fun to speculate either way. While we're here, what's going on with Niles Gibbs and Hosea Peters? Those two are no brainers for mine.

[close]
he left like two years ago for the gx brand

I mean, I see Yonnie Cruz skate both, don't think GX actually became a board company though.

dude posted clips a couple of weeks ago in a girl shirt so idk this seems a little speculative

No, I don't think so. He was on before Carl & James and his name has been removed from the site, so somethings up. It's quite rare for an AM to leave Girl/Chocolate so soon after being put on, so thought it was interesting in the context of that.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeron’s other comment about vrrsaceplug was pretty tasty too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHzrKxMgYWo/?igshid=s4mzc9jeujtx

I agree with Jeron and I salute him for dropping the buttery nice guy schtick - even though he is a buttery nice guy - to preach thr harsh truth.

I like that he’s ready to show some claws.
[close]

I disagree with Jeron about Hyun, but I'm glad someone on the Nine Club is actually making provocative and opinionated comments.

Completely agree on both fronts. Almost makes me want to listen again, at least to episodes with Jeron.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 07:54:47 PM »
Riding a Hockey board

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »

Not listed on the site. No big loss if true, but could this have something to do with what Jeron said on the Nine Club recently? Probably not, fun to speculate either way. While we're here, what's going on with Niles Gibbs and Hosea Peters? Those two are no brainers for mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPrBmLDD-k&t=

2:17:05

Totally could be, but I think this is more directed at manchild since his antics have resurfaced since Vincent’s Bunt episode.

When I watched the time stamps of manchild acting like a complete jackass at Tampa, there were Crail riders (I.e. Breanna, Simon) I spotted who had a “here goes manchild acting like a fucking idiot again” look on their face, and they looked embarrassed when he was doing all the stupid shit he was. I obviously could be way wrong, but seems to me that even those within the Crail camp are starting to grow tired of his drunken belligerence.

I’d say this was Jeron’s way of saying to manchild “shape up, or ship the fuck out”

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Totally could be, but I think this is more directed at manchild since his antics have resurfaced since Vincent’s Bunt episode.

When I watched the time stamps of manchild acting like a complete jackass at Tampa, there were Crail riders (I.e. Breanna, Simon) I spotted who had a “here goes manchild acting like a fucking idiot again” look on their face, and they looked embarrassed when he was doing all the stupid shit he was. I obviously could be way wrong, but seems to me that even those within the Crail camp are starting to grow tired of his drunken belligerence.

I’d say this was Jeron’s way of saying to manchild “shape up, or ship the fuck out”

i respect absolutely everything jeron is saying here and i wasn't aware the nine club was actually capable of discussing issues like this, probably only cool to discuss cause jeron led the topic

but come on man, your credit or credibility in skateboarding has nothing to do with your credit or credibility in the real world, the real world doesn't give a fuck --- you can put down the board tomorrow go to school or work in another industry and no one would know, it's actually very easy and for some, should be encouraged a lot earlier in people's skate careers

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 09:05:46 PM »
I mean, who cares what these people have to say, honestly? Like only Jeron has some sort of established legacy and even then, he's moved past skating / behind the scenes (at best). He was in no way talking about Manchild, considering the fact that Crail actually wont stop hyping the dude up, including him in commercials / IG vids, gave him a colorway on the Proto when it was still Tony Hawk's pro model, hyping him in videos, etc. Girl is relying on Manchild as much of a piece of shit as he is, because he portrays the "wild and crazy, not a care in the world!" attitude they want.

Basically, who gives a shit about Crailtap and these guys?

(Jeron was right about Versace though - even a broken clock is right twice.)

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:18 AM »
Seems like Dubs could be adding onto what he was saying about Hyundai earlier.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2020, 07:42:55 AM »
Does Hyun even speak words? I get heavy antisocial vibes from him.

All this is speculation. Dubs easily could have been talking about Hakeem, as he went from being pretty vocal on IG to not really seeing much of him posting for a few weeks.

However, it could just be coincidence (#not_Irony).

I liked Hakeem's skating and bringing a light to being a young black man in LA. Dude got pulled over for having an air freshener hanging on his mirror.
The chillest1

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »
Jesus, the Chocolate roster looks fucking wounded. No disrespect to the current dudes, but Chocolate Tour days were so fucking sweet.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
Anything new here. This one is fascinating considering how long Crail takes to officially put someone on. Then when they’re on, they’re on forever. He must have fucked up pretty bad to get the boot so quickly.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2020, 10:04:50 AM »
I havent given a shit about any new team member on girl / chocolate since Mike Mo.
ONTARIO CANADA

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »
Remember when they announced this dude and then overshadowed it 4 days later with that April fools joke post about Louie being on?

Doomed from the start.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2020, 10:40:42 AM »
He must have fucked up pretty bad to get the boot so quickly.

Or he got offered to ride for FA/Hockey, a more relevant brand with a bigger paycheck.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2020, 10:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or he got offered to ride for FA/Hockey, a more relevant brand with a bigger paycheck.
No offense to his skills but I don’t think that’s the case here.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2020, 10:49:21 AM »
He's a part of that Cavi crew, who are associated with Caleb and Na-kel. Doubt he's anything above homie flow.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2020, 12:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He posted a DLX board he was riding a week or two later.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2020, 12:25:44 PM »
http://youtu.be/bnUkzgX2NWs

Davefuck where you at?

so HSU me

• Rep: -2
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Where are these time stamps? I only heard about it thru the Bunt guys. But i'd actually like to see the kookery

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Where are these time stamps? I only heard about it thru the Bunt guys. But i'd actually like to see the kookery

I've seen it. I'm with the Bunt guys on this one. Dude kooked it.

babs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

look up manchild on here, there was a thread on it with timestamps

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »

I liked Hakeem's skating and bringing a light to being a young black man in LA.

^^This and I felt like his story fit the aesethic/mold of Chocolate.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote

I liked Hakeem's skating and bringing a light to being a young black man in LA.
[close]

^^This and I felt like his story fit the aesethic/mold of Chocolate.
Which is why him being of so soon after getting on is pretty weird.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 06:02:57 PM by Idk »

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
I havent given a shit about any new team member on girl / chocolate since Mike Mo.

me either. i tried to get into Bannerot and Gass and Niels and Manchild, but meh

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2020, 05:55:17 PM »
i saw jeron loose his cool at a matix demo at my home park, couldnt heelflip a barrier out of a bump and was mad stressing. marc johnson was the worst person there.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2020, 06:39:23 PM »
Remember when they announced this dude and then overshadowed it 4 days later with that April fools joke post about Louie being on?

Doomed from the start.

Still a big Crail fan here, but that joke about Louie being on was awful. All it did was highlight their dwindling prestige. I feel like Eldy was still running their gram at that point. And yeah, it totally overshadowed their announcement of Hakeem.