Author Topic: A day in your life.  (Read 2336 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
A day in your life.
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:33:42 AM »
Inspired by the Lifestyle topic, it'd be cool to hear about your daily life. Here's mine

Normal day.

05:40 Get up and gather strength to keep going, even though my life is, objectively, good. Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs + hot sauce, two sandwiches with fresh cheese, 1 cup of tea. Get my ass on the train to work.

07:00 Work. Get all the morning shit done, deliver daily flows to our traders, upload files, bla bla.

10:45-11:20 Lunch. Same shit for 5 days, all cooked on Sunday, some frozen.

11:20- c:a 16:00 More work. My job is pretty fucking cool, yet I'm ungrateful.

16:00-17:30 Training. I'm on upper/lower split and kill myself at the gym.

18:00 Dinner.

18:00-21:30 TV/more computer, then sleep.

Repeat.

Weekend.

Get up at 07:00. Same breakfast and head my ass to the gym to kill myself more. Same activities, minus work. Hang with my bitch. Prep cooking and maybe getting food.

As an ex-junkie, I almost adore stability and predictability.

Grind King Rims

Re: A day in your life.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:47:35 AM »
Cool thread idea, shame mine is really boring.

Mon-Fri

06:30 Alarm goes off. If I can get out of bed on time, it's scrambled eggs, a bagel and coffee for breakfast.

07:45 Leave the house for the train.

08:20 Annoy the group chat with memes or pseudo ironically say some dumb shit like, "good morning hustlers, let's get that bread."

08:45 Arrive at work. Do office shit for 8 hours.

17:00 Leave work. It's technically lockdown where I'm at with a 5km limit (except for essential workers like myself), but lately I've been enjoying going for a walk around town for a half an hour before heading home. It gets me past rush hour too so I'm not on a cramped carriage homeward. I'm really liking walking down a canal that has a lot of upper class houses and businesses around it. Staring at how the other half lives and thinking about changes I want to make in my life. Makes me feel some kind of way.

17:30 Get the train home. Grab some basic shit for dinner. Meat, carbs, veg, sauce.

19:00 Finish dinner, maybe do some yoga or lift some kettle bells for a bit.

20:00 Post on Slap for "just a minute"

22:15 Think, "I should go to sleep now and get a pretty decent night's sleep"

23:30 Finish jacking off and go to sleep.

Weekend

00:00-23:59 Existential dread and walks by the coast.

Every Sunday evening, watch a film remotely with a gang of friends and slag it in the group chat.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »
0730> wake up, bathroom, etc
0800>walk with partner, get coffee
0930-1200>make shake or eggs, eat, figure out what work needs to be done for day, do house work, read, email/computer
1200>Democracy Now!, stretching
1300-1500> whatever work is for the day
1500>bike ride, sit at ocean or forest
1730>computer, partner comes home if not working from home, prep food
1830>eat food
1900>stretch, computer, book, kick it with partner and have fun
2030>some sort of film/show
2230>bed

it's a rough schedule but is often the similar, work outside is often dependent on weather
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »
i'm unemployed atm, so time doesn't really matter. but here's how it goes usually

wake up, make my bed, take a piss, drink a glass of water

make coffee and some sort of breakfast, usually at least a banana, avocado, eggs, bread or leftover rice. sometimes oats or granola with fruits, oatmilk, whatever. do a first round of stretches to get the juices flowing.

clean my breakfast mess, maybe do laundry, watering and talking to my house plants. or prep cook some stuff for later the day or week.

make sure my phone gets charged, check for calls, messages, emails, check the internet for whatever, kick the shit drinking more coffee for a few hours. probably some light gaming, playing guitar, write job applications, or learning stuff for uni assessment test which is still 9 months away, or thinking about my non existent web shop, draw shit, kinda random pseudo productivity really.

take a shower now or when i come home, depends. if i go skating, i'll skip the shower for afterwards. my skin hates two showers a day and no one cares if i stink at the park. if i have to go to work or just meet with friends i'll be showering for sure. and if i get really dirty again of course i get a second one later, but i try to avoid that.

do some more stretches, maybe hit my roommates workout station in his room or just go out riding my bike, skating, trying to get stuff done while i'm at it, like getting groceries. basically get my body moving. if i had a job i'd just go to work by now for 6-8 hours. then every other activity on this list would be shorter or just not take place that day.

usually if i don't need to work and am not skating or doing stuff on my own i'd meet with friends for coffee and walks around the city. i don't have a lot of friends but the few i have are very close to me and before covid i used to see them a lot. but i'm very comfortable spending a long time alone, so covid hasn't been that bad for my mental health as for most i guess. i'm also way more extroverted on here than irl.

at the tailend of the day, whatever that means, i like to cook a big ass dinner(usually skip lunch altogether), sometimes with my roommate who is a professional cook, too. we always have banging food, even when we're hella broke, so that's good.

my evening chill protocol is usually kinda like my morning routine, but less emphasis on productivity, more gaming and more casual fucking around on my guitar than "learning", watch documentaries or cooking shows, smoke some weed, calls with friends. if it's summer i'll probably be outside til it's getting dark, usually with my skateboard and on my bike.

when i feel sleepy i put a podcast on or something and basically pass out. i'm not one who sleeps long, usually 5 hours is perfect for me, and then maybe a lil nap for an hour at half time is pretty nice, but i can't stay any longer than 7 hours in bed or i will turn into a sloth for the rest of the day. 3 hours is never enough, but 5 hours of sleep is my sweetspot where it's like someone put me straight into it's on mode. i usually have one sloth day a week, usually sundays, where i pretty much live like a vegetable, but that's alright considering i feel like i did that for months a time a decade ago.

oh yeah, check slap constantly during the day everytime i'm bored.

pretty boring, but i'm content with it. my life was more exciting a few years ago, but back then, all my houseplants died and my place was a mess, as was i. i'd rather have sort of predictable boredom that gives me space to escalate a bit, than escalation without brakes.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »
Sweet, seems like life is pretty standard for slappers.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 11:07:17 PM »
Sweet, seems like life is pretty standard for slappers.

i predict most posts will include these:

stretching, excercise, office bullshit, riding the bike, hanging at a spot to contemplate life, maintaining basic relationship functionality and in general keeping shit boring as hell, haha. and that's basically perfect for everyone 30+ with past party or addiction issues.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 04:16:55 AM »
Most days:

Finish work at 5am
Ride home.
Clean and bum around smoking weed/telly until 3pm when partner gets home
Go out for lunch/dinner (usually takeaway curry or tacos at the beach)
Sleep for 3 hours
Ride to work.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Grind King Rims

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 05:48:24 AM »
0930-1200>make shake or eggs, eat, figure out what work needs to be done for day, do house work, read, email/computer
1830>eat food
2230>bed

it's a rough schedule but is often the similar, work outside is often dependent on weather

This sounds so nice. The whole day does. Jealous of your life homie. <3

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 12:24:11 PM »
7:30 am - wake up
7:50 am - actually wake up, eat some cheerios and cranberry juice, take my vitamins
8:00am - 12:30 pm - online school
12:30pm - 1:00 pm - eat lunch (usually white rice and water), watch some skate videos
1:00 - 2:00 pm - homework time
2:00 - 5:00 pm - go out and skate, or just get outside and bike around. find a spot to chill.
5:00pm - 6:00pm, come home, play video games, or play with the tech decks
6:00pm - 6:30pm - dinner (usually something rice-based)

EVENING
watch more skate videos, play video games, tech deck, whatever
usually after that i'll text my gf for a couple hours
check slap quick and then go to bed around midnight

really fucking boring these days, cant wait til this shits over so I can go back to my normally spontaneous schedule.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
1830>eat food
2230>bed

[close]

This sounds so nice. The whole day does. Jealous of your life homie. <3

It's taken all sorts of ups and downs to get here and there are days/weeks that are off the hook busy/stressful/insane but i'm very fortunate to be where I'm at right now and try to remember it every day. Bless!

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »
My weekdays are fucked because I work out of state but here goes.

0445: wake up, do my morning routine and text my wife that I love her.
0515: go to work, get an energy drink or coffee on the way
0530: pre trip my truck and get a map of my route
0600: start picking up trash
1130ish: go to the dump for the first time
1200ish: back on route to pick up the rest of the trash
1500ish: go back to the dump
1515: head back to the shop, refuel my truck/post trip/head to hotel
1530: back at the hotel, FaceTime with my wife, change
1600: depending on the day I’ll grab my board and try to skate, either at the park or a curbspot
1800: return to hotel, shower/change
1830: start doing homework but end up on slap
1930: doordash some dinner
2000: dinner arrives, time for skate videos
2030: food coma, still watching skate videos
2100: call my wife and say goodnight to her and my daughter and try to see my dog
2230: stop watching skate videos and get of slap
2235: dream I could smith a long flat bar.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 06:22:21 PM »
Hop up out of bed
Turn my swag on
Take a look in the mirror say wassup

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »
If I have work I’m up around 5 straight to 711 for an iced coffee or one of those melt thingos and that also gives pooch an opportunity to shit and piss. Way too warm for a hot coffee in morning right now

This post sucks cause every day is different

I went skating with my mate Dallas the other night that was pretty rad. It’s too hot to skate in the day right now, I don’t know how people do it

I had no work today so all I’ve done is walk the dog and go back to bed
Wait I bought a cigarette of a bum for $2 this morning. Sometimes I like a spinner in my weed and if I buy a pack I’ll just smoke all of them ASAP
listen to cosmic psychos

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 10:03:17 PM »
6:30 am - Wake up, make coffee for me and my partnet, make breakfast - usually fruit, granola, yogurt or some cereal with fruit, kick it for an hour
7:30 - drive to work (literally 5 minutes down the road)
7:45-4 - Basically working, doing landscape maintenence shit,different sites and houses every day so it changes.
4:30 pm - get home, shower right away
5 - chill on my computer, browse slap and whatever else im feeling
5:30 - start prepping dinner or if im lucky my girl will do that while i play on my phone
6:30 - eat dinner, watch a show
7 - start getting lunch and everything organised for the next day at work.
7:30 - relax and watch a movie or show with my girl
9:30 - move to the bedroom maybe watch some youtube on the laptop until we ready for sleep.

Looking at this makes me think how boring my god damn life is every since moving to this new town.... I use to get home from work at 2:30 and have so much downtime, my days do change up but this is probably the most common day in my life lately.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 10:50:00 PM »
Gotta say, you guys seem to have your shit together. Breakfast, fruit, etc. Very impressive... Or y'all liars... Or people are too afraid to post at all.

Anyway, love you.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »
4:30 pm - Wake up, Cook something quick or make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
5:30 pm - Make a few texts, go skate or ride my bike or both.  Snowboarding a bit in the winter.  Sometimes disc golf, swimming or fishing on my rest days.
9:00 pm - Usually walk to a bar for a drink or to get buck
11:00 pm - Walk home, grab beer or an energy drink at the gas station
11:30 pm - 6 A.M - Peruse the internet, Play Rocket League, study for certifications
Usually go for a late night walk or go to the gym around 2:00 am.  I cook a meal or some meal prep too usually in here somewhere.
Sometimes I drink some beers at like 6:00 am before bed and watch skate videos.

I work 3 12 hour shifts overnight.  It's interesting and I'll totally miss alot of things about it, but I'm ready to get back to a normal schedule after 3 and a half years of this.  I will never again have this much free time in my life.

In the summer time I try to wake up earlier and go for a swim at the lake to start the day.

Also, the gym and bar are on hold due to the plague.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
Now we're talking! Total creature of the night!

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 02:05:43 AM »
5:30am Wake up

6:00am—11:00am Drink

11:15am—7:00pm Fight

7:30pm—7:33pm Fuck

8:00pm Bedtime
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 03:15:29 AM »
2:45 a.m.- wake up, take a shit while catching up on the news/slap/pinkbike/Motocross then take shower and get ready for work.

3:30 a.m.- make a lunch, take vitamins and drink glass of orange juice

3:45 a.m.- tell my kid I love him while he’s still sleeping and take off

4:05 a.m.- arrive at work, unlock the building and drink a Mountain Dew.

1:30 p.m.- leave work, get a 6 pack, get my kid some hot wheels or French frys or some shit he likes to surprise him with when I get home.

2:00 p.m.- talk to wife, drink a beer and/or get stoned then  take my kid to ride bikes or dirt bikes or maybe even skate our ramp but the little dude is into bikes so probably not.

5:00 p.m.- order food or eat whatever wife makes for dinner

5:45 p.m.- attempt to sneak out to garage to skate my ramp and enjoy more beer and weed (if this doesn’t work I usually end up playing hot wheels with the kid)

6:45 p.m.- start winding down and usually fall asleep watching whatever the kid and old lady are interested in.

Repeat until the weekend

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 06:46:18 AM »
3:15 Wake Up-Shower
3:45 Get dressed
4:00 Leave for work
4:30 Arrive at work, do emails, time sheets, plan day
5:00 Fuck around on the internet a bit
5:30 Start walking the building looking for things that need addressed
8:30 Morning meeting with the rest of the managers to discuss the days overall plan and align
9:00 Update my staff with any changes that might have come out of alignment meeting
9:30 Usually supply runs hardware stores to pick up shit for projects
11:00 Bring all the shit back so the team can finish projects
12:00 Lunch but I typically don't eat
12:45 End lunch check in on progress of projects
13:00 More building and and area walks looking for shit to fix or clean
15:00 Get back to my office to start packing up for the day
15:45 Leave the office
16:15 Get home/skatepark/ cycle -depending where I end up either skate/ride bike for an hour or start figuring out dinner play with the dogs.
17:15 Dinner with wife and kids
18:00 Time with kids doing homework, playing, talking about days
19:00 Start getting the youngest 2 kids settled in bed to start fading
20:00 Hang with the wife and dogs, watch some dumb shit on tv, do some art have a beer or two
22:00 Head up to bed to do it all over again.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »
This is a good idea for a thread, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's daily routines!

Weekdays:

7:00am - Snooze my alarms
7:30am - Get out of bed, get ready for the day. My partner and I usually switch off making breakfast these days. If I'm cooking, it's typically some combo of eggs, hash browns, bagels, toast, etc.
8:00am - We both work remotely and have our laptops out at this point. Probably still eating breakfast and sipping on coffee. Our housemates usually are up at this point and getting ready to start their days too. I start my day off by checking all my emails and messages.
10:30am: Take my first break and shower
11:00am-ish: By now I'm typically caught up on my work for the morning. Throw up an Incognito browser and check Slap and Reddit for however long until I have more work to do.
12:30am: My partner and I take our lunch, and we make or grab something simple for lunch. We've been trying to eat outside more in our backyard and that's been really nice.
1:30pm: Respond to more emails. Check in with my coworkers over IM and complain about whatever complicated thing we're dealing with that day. Browse the internet more in my free time. Online shop way too much.
3:30pm-ish: Take my last break. I was skating a lot during my break but have dropped the ball recently.
5:00pm: Get off work. Usually my partner and I go on a walk around the neighborhood and to the beach. Now that the sun's setting earlier, we try to head out right as we finish work.
6:00pm: Make or get dinner. We cook together a lot, but if one of us was having a rough day the other person will cook that night. We occasionally get dinner with friends and eat in someone's backyard too.
7:00pm: Clean up, sort out whatever tasks we had to do for the day
8:00pm: We're usually rolling one up and smoking while we watch something, play games, or listen to music. We probably are trying to get one of our housemates' cats to cuddle and hang with us too lol
11:00pm: By now we're usually smoked out and ready for sleep.

Weekends are more varied and we're out and about more. We typically don't have much planned for weekends these days aside from hitting the farmer's market and seeing friends occasionally. COVID has made our days a lot more routine and tame than they used to be (we used to go out to bars and shows a lot), but I don't mind because I love living and spending time with my partner.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
Pretty jelly of some of your days.

05:40 wake up have a shower.
06:30 eat breaky
06:40 dirve to train station
07:09 catch train
08:04 arrive at train station then ride my pushbike to work
08:20 arrive at work... do work stuff till finish
18:20 ride bike to train station
18:38 catch train home
19:34 arrive at train station and go home
get home just before 20:00
20:00-20:30 Have a bath with my kids
21:00 eat dinner and put kids to sleep
22:00 sleep

I need to change jobs... but being a foreigner in bum fluff nowhere Japan limits opportunities...
seriously contemplating becoming a farmer (it will be like coming full circle) to spend more time not on a train

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 07:27:00 PM »

I need to change jobs... but being a foreigner in bum fluff nowhere Japan limits opportunities...
seriously contemplating becoming a farmer (it will be like coming full circle) to spend more time not on a train

how possible is it to become a farmer in Japan? Sounds beautiful

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 09:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

how possible is it to become a farmer in Japan? Sounds beautiful

I think the first step would to be to stop procrastinating and go talk to some of my neighbours about it
and then rent one of the fields and go from there

(I also need to do my JP citizenship stuff and kids Australian citizenship stuff too)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 10:24:09 PM »
8:30 Morning meeting with the rest of the managers to discuss the days overall plan and align
9:00 Update my staff with any changes that might have come out of alignment meeting
16:15 Get home/skatepark/ cycle -depending where I end up either skate/ride bike for an hour or start figuring out dinner play with the dogs.
20:00 Hang with the wife and dogs, watch some dumb shit on tv, do some art have a beer or two

you have a longgggggg day my bro

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 04:47:20 AM »
Multiple people saying 430 at the office lol where you guys work at the bat cave?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you have a longgggggg day my bro

Yeah, I'm pretty used to it at this point. This is also most days not every day. There are a bunch of times my work day is shorter and things slide upward.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Grind King Rims

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:28 PM »
4:30 pm - Wake up, Cook something quick or make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
5:30 pm - Make a few texts, go skate or ride my bike or both.  Snowboarding a bit in the winter.  Sometimes disc golf, swimming or fishing on my rest days.
9:00 pm - Usually walk to a bar for a drink or to get buck
11:00 pm - Walk home, grab beer or an energy drink at the gas station
11:30 pm - 6 A.M - Peruse the internet, Play Rocket League, study for certifications
Usually go for a late night walk or go to the gym around 2:00 am.  I cook a meal or some meal prep too usually in here somewhere.
Sometimes I drink some beers at like 6:00 am before bed and watch skate videos.

I work 3 12 hour shifts overnight.  It's interesting and I'll totally miss alot of things about it, but I'm ready to get back to a normal schedule after 3 and a half years of this.  I will never again have this much free time in my life.

In the summer time I try to wake up earlier and go for a swim at the lake to start the day.

Also, the gym and bar are on hold due to the plague.

This sounds fun, but a bit gnarly. I hope when you get a new routine that it suits you! As the man says, "A change is as good as a rest." <3

Grind King Rims

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:57 PM »
7:50 am - actually wake up, eat some cheerios and cranberry juice, take my vitamins
12:30pm - 1:00 pm - eat lunch (usually white rice and water), watch some skate videos
6:00pm - 6:30pm - dinner (usually something rice-based)

Do you have some kind of digestive issues pal? Hope you're feeling alright.<3

2:45 a.m.- wake up, take a shit

This strikes me as a bit odd.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »
This is my current schedule (but this all changes in 7 days):

Wake up late morning
Read the news/watch TV for an hour
Brush teeth
Make/eat breakfast
Work on major project (and distract myself with the internet)
Eat lunch in late afternoon/have zoom meetings
Work on major project (and distract myself with the internet and cancel covid safe plans with friends again saying, "We will meet up tomorrow.")
Around 1:30/2:00 shower / brush teeth.
Watch TV for an hour or two.
Sleep.

Repeat.

But, in 7 days the project is done and the whole schedule changes. And, I'm pretty sure I'm quitting my primary job in the next 6 months, so that'll be a big change.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:08:46 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?