Author Topic: Filming with a budget fisheye  (Read 650 times)

skaterboy6969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Filming with a budget fisheye
« on: November 22, 2020, 07:45:44 AM »
Hey, i got this fisheye lens. Its not as good as an opteka 0.3x fisheye lens, so when i film with it should i prioritize standing close and getting the skaters legs and obstacle or standing a little further back and getting everything in the picture?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: Filming with a budget fisheye
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 08:46:44 AM »
Hey, i got this fisheye lens. Its not as good as an opteka 0.3x fisheye lens, so when i film with it should i prioritize standing close and getting the skaters legs and obstacle or standing a little further back and getting everything in the picture?

Step back to get the entire skater in the frame. Nothing worse than a line filmed with board or severe head cuts.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
I don’t know what your setup actually looks like but you should be striving for this:

https://youtu.be/tuql5qr-IAc

Maybe use a lots of spacer rings to get the max field of view too.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 06:06:44 PM »
I used to have the same one, well actually borrowed it from a friend. If you put a few spacers on it you’ll get a bit more width. But just film at the appropriate distance, get the whole skater in the shot. Unless your filming with a VX1MK1 there’s no need to be so close. It will help you preserve the life of your lens too not getting hit as often.