Author Topic: Stable setup advice  (Read 3539 times)

yourfuckingdad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Stable setup advice
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you might just need to get more comfortable riding your board. Getting comfortable riding around a park, dropping in, hopping up and down curbs and stuff does a lot for your confidence, muscle memory, and overall confidence on the board, which translates to stability (if I'm understanding what you're saying about stability).

That doesn't mean don't think about how your board is setup, but it sounds like you got your shit pretty damn tight now and you might want to just focus on building that muscle memory and psychological comfort on the board so you don't need your shit so tight to feel stable.

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2020, 07:44:13 PM »
I ended up getting a set of 5.8 standard cast ventures. They feel great. I also removed the risers. I think the lower, wider base has really helped me. I also have a full se real deck on the way.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Those trucks have made a huge difference, I think largely due to the lower height. Much easier to push and balance.

doloris

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2020, 09:43:55 PM »
Good points to compare length and wheelbase. Longer wheelbase will feel more "stable"

How tall are you/weight? That plays in to bushings and overall set up stability.

I'd consider checking out the set up thread to see combos, like this would be a nice stable set up. 8.75" trucks, 8.5" deck..

Expand Quote
I cleaned house and played Santa lately. Now I am starting fresh with this and a new cruiser this weekend.

5boro 8.5 w/Jessup
Venture 6.1

[close]

I'm skating an 8.5 Quasi with 6.1 Ventures and it's pretty stable to me. I've ridden 8.25 Ventures on an 8.25 board and that's also pretty stable, but I find the wider the board and trucks the more stable it feels for me. If you want, you can try 8.5 trucks on an 8.25 board for a happy medium. You get the benefits of wide trucks and a somewhat more agile board.

Fat Tony

• Rep: 6
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »
Yeah the 5.8s are 8.5”, although they don’t seem to stick out on my 8.25” board right now.