Author Topic: Lakai shoes  (Read 1966 times)

DarG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Lakai shoes
« on: December 05, 2020, 11:04:22 PM »
Hello everyone. Just made an account to post here and ask about Lakais, for those who might know. I know they say true to size, but I still have some concerns because I'll be buying them online and I don't want to have to return them. I've looked at countless sizing charts, but based on my current shoes, I'm a little unsure.

My Old School Vans and SB Charges are both 10.5, but the Vans fit a little loose while the Charges fit snug. The Lakai sizing chart online, based on my measurements, say that I should get a 9.5

Does anyone know anything about the sizing of Lakais, because I don't known if I should stick with 10.5 or get 9.5 like it says.  Thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:11:48 PM by DarG »

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lakai shoes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:07:13 AM »
lakais are true to size

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 05:19:27 AM »
Idk varies tbh.

I had some lakai protos sz 11, the were a little snug around the toe. Bought a pair of 11 new ports and couldn’t fit them at all.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 05:31:30 AM »
Free returns? You may have luck giving the specific model and checking out “has anyone skated these” thread

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 05:38:52 AM »
The Owens, vulc Staples, and Newport Hi’s I had over the years were all 9.5 TTS, went up a half size to 10 for the new Carrolls though. Glad I got to try them on in person, big ups Seasons!

skateandphotos

• Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 07:41:11 AM »
I tried a pair of newports last summer and they were very big on me. At the time I was wearing 10.5 and went down to a 10 and they felt like 11's I would see if your local has some to try on.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 08:42:34 AM »
Tts but that's kinda bullshit if you got weird foot stuff, I skated griffins for years and they were correct imo. But I skate the same size in everything and don't bother checking, I prolly should.

While we're here tho, when in the fuck are we getting those telfords?!
Whoa. Danger.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »
Tough thread as peoples experience seems to differ. If Nike's were snug at 10.5 I don't think I'd go with 9.5 in Lakai. Vulc I might do 10, cupsole I'd probably do 10.5. 10.5 is your safest bet.

Any other shoes you've worn for reference?

I wish shoe companies would make a bigger effort with sizing charts, references, foot shapes etc.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »
I personally am comfortably an 11 in almost all Vans and almost all Lakais I've had have been 11 and fit correctly. Incidentally, in an 11 in nearly all Nikes, too.
-Proto, Atlantic, Newport, Manchester vulc, Riley 1.

10.5 or 10 for you. I'm doubtful the 9.5 would fit if the 10.5 Charges are snug. That shoe is closer to a true to size/standard fit.

I'd recommend that they are pretty true to size and you should go with that size if you know what it is. Example, if you're a 10.5 across X number of brands' models

But, if you can do returns from where you order, that's a good fail safe!
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarG

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 11:47:59 AM »
Yeah, I wish I could try a pair on. Sadly, no places near me carry any brands besides Vans and Nikes.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »
Lakai is TTS and fits narrow.

BUT

They do this weird thing where they fit snug on the first day, but after a short while they become super loose and you end up tightening up the laces a lot.

The Lakai vulc shoes are hit or miss (Cambridges are great, Newports are terrible) but the cupsoles are really solid choices. I really like the Manchester XLKs, and the Newport XLKs are great if you want a slim cupsole.

skateandphotos

• Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
I just remembered too I had a of the Manchester xlk cup soles in 9.5 and they fit tts they did begin to stretch out after maybe two and a half weeks which is sort of normal for me. another shoe I had an issue with was state shoes the keys slip ons would fall off my heels every time I tried to do an ollie it was terrible, great board feel but felt life flip flops.

Diocletian

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 02:34:35 PM »
I've had a lot of different model Lakai's over nearly a decade and they've always been true to size.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 07:13:53 PM »
They fit TTS, a little on the narrow side before breaking in.

Some of the XLK models like the Carroll OG have a different XLK sole and you might have to go up 1/2 a size.

The shoes tend to “break out” a half size after a week of wear and skating, so if you can make it through that initial break in period you should be ok.

Source: I wear Lakai’s and have slight bunions.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 08:12:56 PM »
I have the Atlantics and theyre true to size