Author Topic: Out There: Elijah Berle  (Read 11594 times)

allann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • skateing for alive
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Out There: Elijah Berle
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 07:34:13 AM »
What is the "commercial" that they mention that put him out of the game for a year?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm far more appalled at the Crosley record player than I am the fits.
[close]

There's zero reason to collect LPs to play them on those abominations

If it's not 1210 he's an asswipe.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »
What is the "commercial" that they mention that put him out of the game for a year?
He was gonna film a commercial like Kyle did for his shoe. But he couldn’t do it and it freaked him out because it was a big production. 200 people on set and they were all blown that he didn’t make it. They assumed skaters just do the tricks. He couldn’t land a trick on film for a year.

ballintoohard

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
yall are dumb as fuck if you think marquee fashion brands like Gucci are "trendy"

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 12:28:08 PM »

Like a less cool version of this guy and this guy.

pepper in some AVE & Dylan and voila.

Seems like a nice enough dude, I dress the same but don't have the same dog, arm style, and sponsors.

conqueso

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He was gonna film a commercial like Kyle did for his shoe. But he couldn’t do it and it freaked him out because it was a big production. 200 people on set and they were all blown that he didn’t make it. They assumed skaters just do the tricks. He couldn’t land a trick on film for a year.

what a poosey

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

what a poosey

Should've called Dano in

michael scarn

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2020, 05:35:44 PM »
Got the stamp of approval from guy, that's a huge accomplishment

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2020, 05:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Interesting.. this is one hell of a trick to follow up
ableSkateMag.com

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »
Got the stamp of approval from guy, that's a huge accomplishment
The random security guard had that too... It cant be that difficult

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate that i can't tell if this is real

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Having been on commercial sets, it's not 200 folk, but yea, it's a lot of people. I can imagine that would give him stage fright having to do a trick on command.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2020, 08:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://images.vans.com/s7viewers/html5/eCatalogViewer.html?emailurl=https://images.vans.com/s7/emailFriend&serverUrl=https://images.vans.com/is/image/&config=Scene7SharedAssets/Universal%5FHTML5%5FeCatalog&contenturl=https://images.vans.com/skins/&asset=VansBrand/ALRIGHT%5FOK

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2020, 08:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

what a poosey

Definitely want more info on this

Lisa96

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2020, 08:52:49 PM »
so many chads in cali

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2020, 09:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I could def see a situation if there are a ton of people who don't know anything about skating waiting for you to make a clip so they can finish their day overwhelming. Weird position to put a skater in, especially one without a contest background (therefore somewhat used to large crowds) to get a trick worthy of an ad for a pro shoe.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2020, 11:34:32 PM »
So, by starting skating at a young age and filming a video part, he “earned his way?”

Guy isn’t the most articulate man and we all know this, but I think he was trying to say that over multiple years and many parts he’s earned his spot.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2020, 02:28:58 AM »
yall are dumb as fuck if you think marquee fashion brands like Gucci are "trendy"

Yall dumb as fuck if you haven't realised that Gucci has been trending with teens and millennials for the last few years.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2020, 02:48:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It’s real.  There are shots from the set earlier this year, pre-COVID.  Feel like there was a big red muscle car involved, but that could have been a TNT one.  I was wondering why it never came out though.  Kinda makes you respect that Dyrdek one where he re-enacts Hard Days Night and then grinds a modified 20.   

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2020, 05:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
So, by starting skating at a young age and filming a video part, he “earned his way?”
[close]

Guy isn’t the most articulate man and we all know this, but I think he was trying to say that over multiple years and many parts he’s earned his spot.
I'm not talking about Guy's comments in particular, I'm talking about what's supposed to be conveyed in this entire segment and what we're supposed to take away from it. There's nothing particularly special about getting sponsored at a young age, putting in work for video parts, or even hitting a slump. Between the video being a flop and this episode of "Out There," this whole week of Elijah content smacks of a failed marketing campaign that should have never been executed but no one can walk away from now.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s real.  There are shots from the set earlier this year, pre-COVID.  Feel like there was a big red muscle car involved, but that could have been a TNT one.  I was wondering why it never came out though.  Kinda makes you respect that Dyrdek one where he re-enacts Hard Days Night and then grinds a modified 20.   
Unless I'm mistaken, the commercial was supposed to be at that spot where Chima did the boneless in Propeller and would have been filmed last year, when his shoe first dropped. So, it's been a minute.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2020, 06:33:38 AM »
Speaking of that commercial with Kyle Walker... where the hell has he been? Has he even had footy this year?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 06:36:43 AM »
Speaking of that commercial with Kyle Walker... where the hell has he been? Has he even had footy this year?
He’s waiting for his N word pass back.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2020, 08:52:39 AM »

He had that Real piece with Ishod.  Not a big K Walks fan, but Ishod is a gawd.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2020, 10:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

200 people seems like a huge exageration
check my music

Brguy

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2020, 04:11:00 PM »
I don't really get why you would need such a big production, in the end of the day it's still just a regular skate clip, they could've just gone there on a day with similar weather and the same clothes to film it as if it was for a video part.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »
I don't really get why you would need such a big production, in the end of the day it's still just a regular skate clip, they could've just gone there on a day with similar weather and the same clothes to film it as if it was for a video part.

The fact this shitty skate ad had a full production team of professionals (non skaters) behind it and they still churned out that rubbish shows how out of touch and corny Vans are getting. Some people still think they're still somewhat core too :-X  A skate filmer could've definitely shot it, especially the actual trick, would put way less pressure on them too... it's not exactly that Koston 2 Nike Ad, it's just Kwalks awkwardly hugging a guy in a waffle cup suit lol

Leaving this here...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:38:26 PM by GuessAgain? »

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »
This made me like him more. Still not my favorite or anything, but I see where he’s going and I don’t think it’s pure Dylan cosplay. He actually pulls off the greaser tough guy thing better IMO.

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2020, 08:07:17 PM »
i can understand why people hate his clothing choices, but he fucking rips and seems like a good dude. definitely one of my favorite parts to come out this year.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:05 PM »
I don’t read Dylan cosplay at all.  Dylan wore tank tops with pockets and tucked those in and Elijah wears what my mom charmingly calls Italian Wedding Shirts which is natural to tuck in.   I think they’re both just two (close) sides of that phase when a person in their 20s  ,particularly on the attractive side, wants to start looking and dressing more like a man than an old boy.  It comes across as forced to anyone who knew them before just like when someone tries to start wearing non baseball cap hats.