Author Topic: Who’s got 2021  (Read 5168 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
Re: Who’s got 2021
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 07:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm more curious, was anyone expecting Mason to get SOTY before this year??
quite the comeback after being sponsor-less for so long.
[close]

What does that second sentence mean?

the gap year between him quitting Element and riding for Real, don't remember if he was fully on Nike either
i just remember it seeming like he was in an Austyn-type situation

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 07:37:33 PM »
One has to wonder what tiago has up his sleeve
Gentleman ninja warlock

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the gap year between him quitting Element and riding for Real, don't remember if he was fully on Nike either

He’s been on Nike for as long as I can remember and he was on Real months before they announced it according to his interviews

donny2chugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »
Suciu seems set to have his best year yet. He said in his Slap interview that he has 4 parts coming out. He didn't release all of his footage from the Verso year, and seems to have stacked tons of footage this year. I think he's at his peak right now, even more so than when he was filming Verso when he was fresh out of college.

conqueso

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 10:13:41 PM »
jeremy wray

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 10:28:11 PM »
#iamkevinterpening
Just shred some serious gnar.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »
#iamkevinterpening
this whole time he's been MIA he actually just has been filming and prepping for 2021. he has 25 parts insane parts coming out. the 2020's are gonna be the Terpening era of skating. he's gonna reach Tony Hawk-level popularity. Chants of "KEVIN, KEVIN!" rain down from the rooftops. he has 26 pro shoes for Nike and then retires.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2020, 01:44:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s been on Nike for as long as I can remember and he was on Real months before they announced it according to his interviews

i mean.. i'd imagine most people are getting hooked up months before any official announcements
my point and the Element curse still stands, he had no board sponsor for the better portion of 2019

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2020, 01:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i mean.. i'd imagine most people are getting hooked up months before any official announcements
my point and the Element curse still stands, he had no board sponsor for the better portion of 2019

I don't think him being on Element had him 'cursed' for most of 2019. These things also take time to happen. Look at how long it took for Bobby & Quasi. Was that the Habitat curse?

pbj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2020, 03:20:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think him being on Element had him 'cursed' for most of 2019. These things also take time to happen. Look at how long it took for Bobby & Quasi. Was that the Habitat curse?

the ‘element curse’ was long before Mason.
it’s about how most Element riders seem to have trouble finding a new home after leaving the brand (Bam, Tosh, Tave, you could make the case for Nyjah/Evan, the list goes on). not saying it’s real, it’s just happened enough times that it raises an eyebrow.

also, Bobby left Habitat specifically for Quasi. that was basically lined up.

I thought it was common knowledge Mason had difficulty finding a new board sponsor after Element. wasn’t that what his ‘Out There’ was about?? there was a time on here that people thought he was going to get on Foundation iirc.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2020, 03:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I think we’re gonna see a full kader part
[close]
Nike, Rbk or Puma?
Ipath summer preview 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2020, 03:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

it’s about how most Element riders seem to have trouble finding a new home after leaving the brand (Bam, Tosh, Tave, you could make the case for Nyjah/Evan, the list goes on). not saying it’s real, it’s just happened enough times that it raises an eyebrow.

I thought it was common knowledge Mason had difficulty finding a new board sponsor after Element. wasn’t that what his ‘Out There’ was about?? there was a time on here that people thought he was going to get on Foundation iirc.

I don’t think you do bc I don’t remember Foundation at all.   The rumors were that he was going to be on the third FA brand.  He left in the post-video Element exodus with Evan Smith.   They both took their time bc board sponsorships aren’t a necessity anymore and skaters want the right fit.   I remember it being an open secret that he was on Real.  Look how long the Trahan Chocolate rumors have existed and it’s taken about a year for that to actually manifest in a photo.   

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2020, 04:09:38 AM »
Suciu seems set to have his best year yet. He said in his Slap interview that he has 4 parts coming out. He didn't release all of his footage from the Verso year, and seems to have stacked tons of footage this year. I think he's at his peak right now, even more so than when he was filming Verso when he was fresh out of college.

I was expecting him to drop all of that this year. I can't wait to see what he puts out in 21'

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2020, 04:16:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Those are 3 of the worst examples you could think of.Bam is...well...Bam...he stopped skating. Tosh nuked his own career due to off the board reasons, and Tony Tave, despite being supremely talented, does not have a strong work ethic or the care to maintain a pro career.

Mason was riding Deluxe boards pretty soon after leaving Element, I vaguely remember skating some Deathwish boards, and than after that it was pretty much Deluxe.

Bobby quit Habitat with nothing lined up, and took close to 18 months to decide what he wanted to do.

TomMyersComedian

• Rep: 2
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2020, 06:09:30 AM »
The girl reading this... :)

Panettone

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 12:58:27 PM »
At this point it's looking like Franky or Mason, but there's still an entire month out of the year that's unaccounted for...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 01:28:04 PM »
"i could literally care less, but i'm not the one that made up the 'element curse.'
people have talked for it well over a decade, even in published mags. also has to do with the corporate mess they are.

again, it really doesn't matter, but i remember Bobby skating Quasi boards before he was even officially off Habitat. but whatever"

Couldn't care less but continues to post about it.....

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
Evan smith
louie should be closer next year
rowan zorilla
nik stain?

Panettone

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »

Yes

Me and him are quite close. Mason has been planning this for 2 years already

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Dashawn Jordan has been sitting on a big part for a while. Tre flip noseslide Oceanside hubba and laser flip backlip brick town were in Thrasher months ago

Could see Suciu or Tyshawn come out swinging again

Ishod is always a safe bet
[close]

Dashawn will never win it.  He isn’t the type of skater thrasher would give it to.  Tyshawn will not win it a 2nd time. 

Tanner Van Vark has been sitting on some crazy tricks but hes probably too new to get it. 

Simon Bannerot has the ability, pedigree, isn’t embarrassed by going on thrasher trips, and hasn’t released much footage lately.

Imagine being embarrassed/too cool to go on a thrasher trip lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2020, 07:02:58 PM »
id like suciu, feels like hes come second last 5 years
Nah, it's gonna be like the film festival episode of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns gets to the Oscars only to lose to George C. Scott's version of Man Getting Hit by Football.

To answer though:
Simon
Samarria
Carl Aikens
Adrianne Sloboh, if DGK fully puts her on

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dashawn Jordan has been sitting on a big part for a while. Tre flip noseslide Oceanside hubba and laser flip backlip brick town were in Thrasher months ago

[close]

Dashawn will never win it.  He isn’t the type of skater thrasher would give it to.  Tyshawn will not win it a 2nd time. 

Tanner Van Vark has been sitting on some crazy tricks but hes probably too new to get it. 

Simon Bannerot has the ability, pedigree, isn’t embarrassed by going on thrasher trips, and hasn’t released much footage lately.
[close]

Imagine being embarrassed/too cool to go on a thrasher trip lmao

I find skate rock/hellride trips highly embarrassing for the parties involved

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2020, 08:58:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope I never see this.

I do not blame you at all sir

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:35 AM »
Evan smith
louie should be closer next year
rowan zorilla
nik stain?
i fucking need this

#BackSmithToSOTY

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2020, 11:44:53 AM »
I'd love to see Louie get a SOTY (not this year, this year has gotta go to Mason).

Also would love to see KB finally give us the part we know he's got. However, his Instagram presence is losing me. Seems like a spoiled person with no self regard or appreciation for the big picture.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »
I’d like to see Jack O’Grady, Daan, Cedric Pabich and Aaron Goure all go off.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2020, 01:17:13 PM »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »
Louie Lopez
or
jack OGrady
or
Mason again
or
Mark Suciu
or
BDK (Personal fav)
or
Ishod
or
Tiago
or
Tyshawn
or
Gio Vianna
or
Spenny
or
Tom Knox
or
IDK

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -16
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »
Greg Hunt was teasing a Jake Johnson part a month or two ago on IG, so I'm going with JJ.