Author Topic: HVX//HPX//HMC Scene Files video guide(ish?)  (Read 2275 times)

suckmadeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
HVX//HPX//HMC Scene Files video guide(ish?)
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:43:57 AM »
So a very common question about the HVX, HPX and the HMC is "what's the best scene file to use?" now that's quite an open ended question as it really depends on what looks good for you. I've been using the Panasonic scene files since 2013/2014 from the DVX100b to the HPX171 and after doing a lot of reading, watching Barry Green's HVX Bootcamp and sitting down and playing with the settings myself I've found what I like the most. This video isn't an instructional, it's a very bare bones overview of what each setting does. It's not too scientific but it should be easy enough for even beginner filmers to follow. I HIGHLY recommend download/buying the HVX/HPX Bootcamp and watching it very closely (I actually posted a copy on Slap a few months back here: https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=111364)

Hopefully this video is somewhat helpful and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask em, cus I'm sure there are far more knowledgeable people on Slap to answer your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cveo5n3VVuA
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 01:58:20 AM by suckmadeck »

clintendo

• Rep: 24
Re: HVX//HPX//HMC Scene Files video guide(ish?)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 05:08:51 PM »
Man, i'm stoked its still up for download!

You sir should have many gnar

board parasite

• Rep: -6
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 02:51:58 AM »
Thank heavens that someone made a video on this subject. I've been asking other camera jocks about their scene files and they act like it's some sort of heavily guarded secret.

What can you tell me about recommended shutter speed?

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
Thank heavens that someone made a video on this subject. I've been asking other camera jocks about their scene files and they act like it's some sort of heavily guarded secret.

What can you tell me about recommended shutter speed?

For HD 60p I'd recommend 1/250th or 1/500th (1/120th inside) , anything above starts to look super choppy!

bunk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 05:54:38 PM »
Anybody know how to edit metadata in the hmc150? I tried pasting the hpx info in a document and uploading it but my cam wouldnt read it. I have no clue how this is supposed to work

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
Anybody know how to edit metadata in the hmc150? I tried pasting the hpx info in a document and uploading it but my cam wouldnt read it. I have no clue how this is supposed to work

Do you mean to do like the scene file hack, or something else?  If it's the scene file hack, I used text edit or notepad to enter a value into the frame rate field in order to get fps options like 2, 4, 6, 8fps, for slow shutter b roll stuff.

If it's beyond that and something related to metadata, I have no idea.