Author Topic: How bad are you on your 'bad days' ?  (Read 5577 times)

Glurmpz

Re: How bad are you on your 'bad days' ?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »
Pretty bad yesterday... spent 20 minutes sweeping up the spot on the first dry day in two weeks.

Decided to session cab 1s to warm up, third one in and I rolled my ankle (same one I did pretty badly about 4 months back).

Never in a million years would I have expected to injure myself doing that trick!

That's two ankle rolls on this deck...time to retire it? Cursed maybe!

What’s a cab 1?

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2020, 05:47:43 PM »
I always try and have some easy tricks on hand.....or something a bit different to take the edge off those shit days....

That's the sick thing about skating to me...there's always something on the table...you just have to find it.  Despite not having what you used to have....it gives you tons of opportunity to do something new. 

I've never fakie shuv'd up a curb....right there....just did it.

Take it to fakie nose manual, they’re actually fair easy to catch and put down that way and then you’ve got got shove fakie nose grinds, too
Not even kidding go try it mate

Edit cause I said fakie manual not nose manual
Just got up. I can’t do anything to fakie manual
listen to cosmic psychos

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2020, 08:00:41 PM »
My day was going badly.

I had the drags. I don't know how to explain it well.

Think of slow spots in you perception that  caused by no sleep mixed with horrendous audio of past violence.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »
I don't skate whenever I'm in a bad mood, I've learned that having a good positive attitude goes a long way especially if you're kinda sucking at basic stuff. 

If you're having a good day but your skills are not behaving well stick to what you have blindfolded and can do anytime.

For me 180's both ways fs shuvs and bs shuvs tailslides and kickflips on lock but anything extra I might get one or two things kinda sketchy but I chalk it up to having a good attitude 

if you're not there in the moment and your mind's somewhere else such as old lady's pissing you off or something that's stressing you out[ you're going to slam/i]
Dueces Bitch's

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 11:09:01 AM »
i feel like the more i skate the more i suck

i keep losing tricks and losing tricks and now i cant even pop my board straight always so fucking toeside all my boards end up razortailing diagonal and i fucking hate it i hate feeling the ollie turn halfway because i'm too regular to pop it right

i lost kickflips totally couple months ago I was learning to kf into stuff, kf into manual, kf into fs5050, kf crooks, and now i literally can't do one on flat even if you give me fucking 20 tries, and the ones I do land are so regular my front arm whips all the way backwards across my back so far sometimes i touch my fucking back elbow i hate it

I totally lost my heelflips, can't even get remotely close anymore

my 180s are all underrotated and shitty

I tried to just skate switch/nollie to get my mind off of things and I was making some pretty good progress and now I just fucking dig the nose into the ground for a second instead of popping anything i hate it

I'm not even old I'm fucking 20 years old it's not like I'm losing joint mobility or anything

Every day I work all i want to do is fucking skate and then I get out there fucking suck so much I go home before i start acting like a person and then wake up the next day do it all over again. Now I dread getting off because I know I'm gonna go skate and suck ass and get mad again. I don't understand why this happens isn't practice supposed to help? I have not changed my setup at all, the spots are all the same, but i am inexplicably 20x shitter than I was a couple months ago.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
^^
You sound extremely fatigued. Even if you're young you need time off the board and a good recovery period to get you sorted.
Also it's a good idea to have a physical outlet that isn't skating.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 06:49:00 AM »
I think about how much longer I got to live.

Will I make it back to California? Will I ever get to japan? Should I just skip to the end and hang myself in the woods now.

https://auralbutcheryers.bandcamp.com/album/more-horrendous-noise-punk-for-you-to-ignore-split
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 07:43:42 AM »
I think about how much longer I got to live.

Will I make it back to California? Will I ever get to japan? Should I just skip to the end and hang myself in the woods now.

https://auralbutcheryers.bandcamp.com/album/more-horrendous-noise-punk-for-you-to-ignore-split

Yoo stay with us. I think about this shit all the time too, even tonight, then I got a text from a good pal I havn't seen in forever and we were crackin' jokes like old times. I didn't realise how much I missed certain people. It made my night , I was on zero right before it. Moral of the story, cool things happen even if you're at your worst. Or hit someone up and make their day.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
Skating is mercurial for me.

If I slam hard quick, I’ll call it or grab the cruiser and leave the slaps and pops behind. 

codelanguage

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2021, 07:35:38 AM »
Most of the time I skate are bad days. I rarely have good days. But on bad dad I try to learn something new. Like the last time I had a really bad day I learned 5-0s. Today I couldn’t do shit and slammed really hard ollying over some traffic cones, so I learned backside 50-50s after only like four tries and then had them kind of locked in.

I know these are super basic to most of you but, these are tricks I would try a few times and give up on. Since I skated so inconsistently over the past 25+ years I just didn’t learn a lot. So I’m pretty psyched that I can still learn them and know what they feel like, even if they’re on super low ledges.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
Barely slept last night, so I went to the spot to do something and not fall asleep during the day. That was a baaad session but I stopped quick and just chilled and filmed.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »
My "Bad Days" are usually after skating excessively, just super fucking heavy-footed, my flick feels like lifting a cinderblock that then hits the nose of my board

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1338
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »
I'm pretty fresh back at skating after a long hiatus, so I'm not having too many bad days right now, but my bad skating days are generally due to being too deep in my head, being unable to focus, and getting angry. I might even be landing stuff but my heads just not in it. It's not really happening much lately, but when it does I just try to bounce outta the spot because I'm really trying to not get hurt due to a lack of focus. Really, I'm just happy to be skating with ease because 12 months ago I didn't think I'd ever be skating again, period. gotta keep that PMA
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2021, 10:27:24 PM »
there has literally been times where I’ll drive 20 miles to my local park. Try warm up kick flips, miss 5 in a row and leave after being there 10 mins. I find it’s best to just call it a day with sessions like that.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
slammed ollieing the euro gap.

And pretty sure lizard king witnessed.

drewSTEADMAN

• Rep: -27
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2021, 10:38:11 AM »
Not bad at all.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2021, 01:14:42 AM »
terrible, like barely able to ollie straight until i loosened up. because i pretty much can't skate due to the weather half the year, i come in every spring atrophied as fuck. even if the muscle memory is still right, the power output is way too low. i'm sure my next session is gonna be terrible, but still i can't wait until the weather gets better again.

on my good days it's the total opposite, in as i do most tricks i can do in principal first try no problem.

these days what helps prevent a bad session is riding my bike to the spot instead of skating there or taking the bus or whatever. feels like a better warm up. my city is rather rough and skating anywhere can get exhausting to the point you have to catch a break when you get to the spot.

loftie.1

• Rep: 3
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »
Bad days I always have some kind of wack social anxiety, I can't focus, I'm actually focused on my neighbors watching me, not sure if they think I'm some hoodlum. It's a nightmare.

I skate slower, I never reach a high momentum which means I don't try something new. I just fumble my board around on curbs thinking about how stupid I am. It's all mental. It's so annoying. Other days I feel free.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »
Bad days mean I either roll my ankle on a kickflip/fs half cab or I slip out nearly every boardslide. Usually it's I can't even kickflip or 180 because I'm too hung over(old problem), I took my meds at an irregular time(new problem), or it's cold it takes all my endurance to just get mildly warmed up (age problem).
The chillest1

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2021, 08:51:11 AM »
i just do shoveit and fs 5050 the absolute safest go-tos for me and work my way up. usually it doesnt end up too bad by the end.
ONTARIO CANADA

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2021, 06:18:38 PM »
Kickflips felt awful today, so bad that I spent a good hour juts trying them until I did one that I was happy with (it never happened). I know it had something to do with skating some high tops after months of kickflipping with full ankle mobility.

How do mfs kickflip in high tops, or even mids? My ankles don't play that way.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2021, 01:49:24 AM »
^^
You sound extremely fatigued. Even if you're young you need time off the board and a good recovery period to get you sorted.
Also it's a good idea to have a physical outlet that isn't skating.

wise words, and took me a long time to realize this. 

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2021, 02:10:34 AM »
Kickflips felt awful today, so bad that I spent a good hour juts trying them until I did one that I was happy with (it never happened). I know it had something to do with skating some high tops after months of kickflipping with full ankle mobility.

How do mfs kickflip in high tops, or even mids? My ankles don't play that way.

Are you me? I spent the most part of two sessions this week trying to do a decent kickflip in my new Tyshawns... I had the Puigs before them. I‘ll give it some more tries hoping I will adapt eventually. I want to like these shoes, I got the beige ones, they look dope and I feel like Penny wearing Timberlands  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
A bad day is when I cant tre flip or lock into 50-50's. Like if my first few 50-50's fuck up I cannot get over that

Slamming badly on your first few grinds can really fuck your day up

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2021, 07:51:38 PM »
The worst thing I do on my bad days is fixate on the tricks that don't come immediately. On my good days I just brush it off and try something else that's easier.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2021, 06:25:27 AM »
Really bad on bad days. I try to anticipate them and do something else instead.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Was having a really good day until I took a slam trying a tailslide. I kept skating, operating of adrenalin and the fact that I was showing out of town homies spots, but started skating like shit and everything felt difficult.

Waking up today and feeling the slam still, no wonder why everything got harder. As I get closer and closer to 30, the realization that slams are now session enders is setting in.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

sproutslide

• Rep: 0
  • Skate or die?
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2021, 10:58:33 AM »
Body feels shakey. Afraid  falling. Social anxiety and flick is all choppy. Flip tricks all mobbed leading me  a spiral  some sort  depression for a week or two. This thread reminded me  go set another appointment with my therapist aswell.

primo

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2021, 11:15:58 AM »
Oof on bad days I can't even ollie properly. My whole body just won't move right. When that happens I'll just do something else like work on no-complys or slappies.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
I’m going through a few bad days in a row, I can only fa 50-50 and back tail(on a curb can’t do them on a ledge on my best days lol). Every other trick the board doesn’t stick to my feet! I’m not sure what causes it but my board feels sluggish(?) and unresponsive like I have no control. I went through a week like this in the fall,winter and spring so maybe it’s seasonal  :P :