Author Topic: Unknown skater with pro level video part  (Read 4098 times)

skatehypecom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
    • Skate Hype avatar image
Unknown skater with pro level video part
« on: December 01, 2020, 03:17:20 AM »
Post your "unknown skater with pro level video part"

Manuel Cosmelli:

(locals only feature is disabled, video is public)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:42:32 AM by skatehypecom »
We are skateboarders and filmmakers who have created a super application: Skate Hype.

Miller92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -282
Re: Unknown skater with pro level video part
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
that dude was really fucking good but his clothes and his style...yipes

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 12:25:46 PM »
Turned that wack shit off the moment the song started.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
pretty hype though

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
Could see him on Remive
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 12:43:59 PM »

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 12:48:11 PM »
Could see him on Remive

Took the words right outta my mouth.

In all seriousness though, I wanna know where some of those spots are (likely Italy, I know). That mini blue rail and the mini hubba that he dbl 360 flips over look super fun. And the ledge spots of course.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »
A skate friend from the early 2000s, James Anderson. Date on the vid says 2009, really came out around 2005, but the footage itself is 2000-2002. Some of these tricks are definitely ahead of their time.

He was flow for Blind, and literally never showed them footage, despite having most of this already filmed. They kicked him off, and instead of just showing them what he had, he just moved on with life, and skated for fun.

warning: there's a compound fracture in the video of some random dude.

Friend from Mexico City. It's from 2007, so excuse the ledge dancing.

FYI that the video premiered 1 day before Fully Flared, so I'll say that Koston's ender was ABD. He's had a ton of parts since then, but most are in Mexican videos you probably haven't seen. Check youtube.

Another friend, Chris Jatoft. The part was on Thrasher, so not sure if that makes him "unknown" or not. Maybe he wouldn't be mainstream pro, but I could see him being pro for Heroin or some brand like that.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:44:29 PM by happenstance »

Massivebellend

• Rep: -11
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 03:43:32 PM »
A skate friend from the early 2000s. Date on the vid says 2009, really came out around 2005, but the footage itself is 2000-2002. Some of these tricks are definitely ahead of their time.

He was flow for Blind, and literally never showed them footage, despite having most of this already filmed. They kicked him off, and instead of just showing them what he had, he just moved on with life, and skated for fun.

FYI that the video premiered 1 day before Fully Flared, so I'll say that Koston's ender was ABD. He's had a ton of parts since then, but most are in Mexican videos you probably haven't seen. Check youtube.

Another friend, Chris Jatoft. The part was on Thrasher, so not sure if that makes him "unknown" or not. Maybe he wouldn't be mainstream pro, but I could see him being pro for Heroin or some brand like that.

I was at macba & saw Felix Polo May's Fakie tre & fakie varial flip down The 4 block. He was too good.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
A skate friend from the early 2000s, James Anderson. Date on the vid says 2009, really came out around 2005, but the footage itself is 2000-2002. Some of these tricks are definitely ahead of their time.

I was going to say something trite about how foos don't make it because style matters, but these foos, especially the last two, look pretty good on a board. I know there's hella people that are super good at skateboarding that nobody sees, but it would have been funnier if everyone posted videos of people with butt-style.
In fact, this is like a microcosm of the music industry. I know hella ignorant people who argue about "the best musician this" and "the most skilled musician that", but sheer numbers of musicians make it obvious that you've never heard or seen the best in both regards. That's besides the fact that the shit is inherently subjective.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 01:18:42 AM »

I met Chris Jatoft at Lincoln City skatepark like a week before this part came out. His friend told me to keep an eye out for it and I was blown away. I still watch this part every few months.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 06:56:29 AM »
This guy is really good and looks like he’s a big fan of whl pj Ladd.

He’s just been quietly dropping part after part this year.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 07:26:07 AM »
EDIT: ender is super fucked. remember the ny subway ollie? this is similar, but maybe gnarlier.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

Some FUCKED skating from a guy that's all lank and hunch.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 08:04:07 PM »

This is from 2007, there’s some crazy switch shit in here
Maybe not pro for the time but pretty tech
There’s some other part where he does sw tre fakie manual on a small picnic table but couldn’t find it on internet, spewing
listen to cosmic psychos

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 04:21:00 AM »
That Ratface part was nuts
Cocteau Twins

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • Free Max B
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »
lmao remive kids and james reres this is a mvp thread

free max b
FREE MAX B

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 08:06:39 PM »

I remember these tricks being in the final friends section of the Bootleg 3000 B-Sides video. The nollie shove boardslide stood out for sure. That's cool that he's your friend, I always wondered who that was.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2021, 09:14:35 PM »
OP that music was AIDS

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:29 AM »

I was not ready for that compound fracture. Also those blind boards were breaking like toothpicks.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 04:08:39 AM »
did that first dude skate a 7.5 and release a 2016 part in 2021?

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 07:58:42 AM »
lmao remive kids and james reres this is a mvp thread

free max b
Reres did a switch flip back tail big spin over the flushing grate in like 04 don’t remember what video. I wish Keith Denley would’ve dropped at least one full part watching him skate in person in beautiful.