Author Topic: RIP James Hardy  (Read 84114 times)

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
Re: RIP James Hardy
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2024, 08:41:24 AM »
When I was younger I thought the story about him having to get 8-ply boards special made from DLX was the coolest thing in the world. RIP to a legend.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2024, 11:59:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Timing is so unfortunate.  Losing him and Albert Madrid on the anniversary of losing Grosso.   Tired of losing rippers.    Hope peace can be found for those affected
[close]

Albert Madrid died too?
[close]

I can’t find anything online about it

Anthony Acosta posted a link to pay
 For funeral expenses on his stories yesterday

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2024, 01:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Timing is so unfortunate.  Losing him and Albert Madrid on the anniversary of losing Grosso.   Tired of losing rippers.    Hope peace can be found for those affected
[close]

Albert Madrid died too?
[close]

I can’t find anything online about it
[close]

Anthony Acosta posted a link to pay
 For funeral expenses on his stories yesterday

https://ompaix.com/obits/albert-madrid/

I believe this is it, doesn't sound like a good scenario at all.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Szechuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2024, 04:47:43 PM »
I grew up skating in the same crews as James, and this is so fucking tragic. Here's a petition to change the name of the local skatepark that he absolutely shredded like no other from Lydia Gold skatepark to James Hardy park. RIP to one of Bama's best. https://chng.it/hGg6hKNJ49

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2024, 10:40:08 PM »
this bums me the fuck out. his thrasher cover was always my favorite growing up and his since day one part was fucking insane, molly hatchet will always make me think of him RIP goat
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2024, 10:20:56 AM »
I grew up skating in the same crews as James, and this is so fucking tragic. Here's a petition to change the name of the local skatepark that he absolutely shredded like no other from Lydia Gold skatepark to James Hardy park. RIP to one of Bama's best. https://chng.it/hGg6hKNJ49
Oh shit did you get to skate with Josh (nubs) White?  Back in mid 98 I was getting some boards from Faith skate supply.  This bums me out James was a good dude and his skating held down bama for year's. Will be missed
Dueces Bitch's

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2024, 05:08:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oh shit did you get to skate with Josh (nubs) White?  Back in mid 98 I was getting some boards from Faith skate supply.  This bums me out James was a good dude and his skating held down bama for year's. Will be missed
I did not. I'm from Huntsville and didn’t start hanging around with the Faith guys until about 2007.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2024, 02:06:46 AM »

Fucking hell. I hope you find the relief you deserve, James. A good one.

Legend for giffing that shit. RIP
Icehead

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2024, 01:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I did not. I'm from Huntsville and didn’t start hanging around with the Faith guys until about 2007.
Ahhh I'm from Chattanooga area, I was around 94-99 the southeast area Birmingham Atlanta as well Nashville.  It was a good time got to see a bunch of teams come through the area met Jamie Thomas around jump off a building era from there it was my dream to get hooked up somewhere out west.  Sadly all I got was a fledgeling video spotlight on a Christian team called advocate, it was cool for the time being but that's about the highest I got in the scene at the time.
Dueces Bitch's

Crust

• Rep: 40
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2024, 10:32:57 PM »

Signed. It's a really nice touch when a park's name is in memory of a great local. RIP James.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2024, 12:23:17 AM »
Im from Europe so I had no chance of probably never meeting James, but this hits hard :-[ Im the same age as James, so this is especially scary, granted I never skated a handrail in my life or anything remotely gnarly... Still, he was one of my favourites back in the day, and as a fellow big guy, I always appreciated how he skated.

Seizures from skating are scary as fuck, be safe everyone.

Rest in peace.

Nom De Plume

• Rep: 1
  • Slow, Low, and Old
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2024, 05:28:50 AM »

RIP James.

Thank you for posting this Szechuan.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2024, 07:42:10 AM »
Several on bolts nollie tres for the big 'Bama man... Roll Forever James...

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2024, 12:23:24 PM »
Always loved his style , havent seen anything from him in a while but i was a big fan during "Ride The Sky" era, I found difficult to look cool on a skateboard when your really tall and even more when your muscled like he was or at least he seemed to be.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2024, 09:33:31 PM »
Always loved his style , havent seen anything from him in a while but i was a big fan during "Ride The Sky" era, I found difficult to look cool on a skateboard when your really tall and even more when your muscled like he was or at least he seemed to be.
Man really had his own style. He landed his tricks in such a way you knew it was a James Hardy clip. He knew he had the make. Period. End.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Trashboat Lance

• Rep: -1
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2024, 08:41:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Fucking hell. I hope you find the relief you deserve, James. A good one.
[close]

Legend for giffing that shit. RIP

Rest in Power James Hardy. Made a huge impact on San Diego skating through multiple hammers at iconic spots. Nollie Tre at Roosevelt will be forever remembered. Full part isn't up unfortunately.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2024, 07:56:25 PM »
Nice tribute to him to start off this season of the Bunt. By all accounts a truly great guy and friend.