Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 24849 times)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

nothing's been the since same

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2021, 06:03:52 PM »
I've been living in a new state for a few years and recently made a trip home where I saw all my friends that I grew up with (none of them I've told I'm bi as fuck.) Well, they all ended up being cool as shit about it when it came up naturally in a conversation and I had nothing to worry about. I should have expected this, but no one even batted an eye, maybe it was more obvious than I thought all of those years.

2th

• Rep: 30
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2021, 12:13:30 AM »
im so sick of the border being closed. planning a hell of a west coast trip for next year

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 81
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlNV_tPkx0/?utm_medium=copy_link

Psyched on this

I'll be at the show tonight. Can't wait!

This is in Oakland tomorrow, for anyone in the area. It's a queer skateboarding video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVglkkPvD62/
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Have A Nice Great

• Rep: 2
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlNV_tPkx0/?utm_medium=copy_link

Psyched on this

Oh sick, I’ve never heard of her band before but will definitely check out the Buffalo show. Sounds really sick. Though really any punk tunes with fuzzy vocals and drum machines will get me moving. That song “pop shit” is killer. Stoked for it now, thanks for posting

first post btw wassup everyone  🏳️‍🌈👋

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2021, 03:08:54 PM »

This is in Oakland tomorrow, for anyone in the area. It's a queer skateboarding video:

Show went off! So sick. Def catch her if she’s in your town they sound great. Tons of energy. Can’t recommend enough if you like punk and garage bands

Dope thanks for the heads up on that video premiere!

nothing's been the since same

ihatejulio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Show went off! So sick. Def catch her if she’s in your town they sound great. Tons of energy. Can’t recommend enough if you like punk and garage bands

Dope thanks for the heads up on that video premiere!

will be checking in from Orlando 8) shouts out Tris, certified slappy crook queen.

GAYBUTCANTHEELFLIP

• Rep: 2
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »
heyyyyyyy queers!!! just recently moved to Wisconsin and wondering if there's any other queer skaters on here that live in the area? Or know of any queer skate meetups that I might of missed on insta? :) :)
Winters coming but would love to make some new queer skate friends!

- they/them sk8r bitch now living in Wisco.

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 81
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2021, 03:08:23 PM »
heyyyyyyy queers!!! just recently moved to Wisconsin and wondering if there's any other queer skaters on here that live in the area? Or know of any queer skate meetups that I might of missed on insta? :) :)

Welcome!

Look up Femmeandqueerskatenight on insta. It's a Wisconsin-based group, I believe. Freedom Skate Shop in Madison is also queer-friendly.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

ihatejulio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2021, 03:22:47 PM »

Wisconsin actually has a pretty thriving queer skate scene from what I have seen! I think @fredgallSOTY will be able to help you out.

fredgallSOTY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
  • unhinged slap maniac.
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2021, 06:15:06 AM »

i dont know much outside of Milwaukee but there's usually at least one or two queer + femme skate nights at the indoor parks (Cream City, 4 Seasons) most people i've met have been super cool and open, Sky High has a queer + femme skate jam during the summer too. Can't speak as much for Madison but they definitely have a good queer skate scene there as well.

nothingnatural

• Rep: 25
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2021, 08:04:55 PM »

i’m in madison (and old and don’t skate much anymore) but if you’re in madison or visiting yes: femme and queer skate night (femmeandqueerskatenight on instagram) is a weekly get together at the central park where you’d be able to make all sorts of connections, and freedom skate shop on state street (downtown) is super queer friendly as well. honestly it makes my mid-40s queer heart sing to see how supportive the environment is here!