Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 140738 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2022, 12:49:59 PM »

I copped a book at the store today.

I want to do a comp this summer. Im frickin lonely. I feel wack cruising this area.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moths

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2022, 01:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A bird recently informed me that very soon, my favorite LGBTQ+ skate brand will be distributed through SF's premier manufacturer/distributor.
[close]
Big if true
[close]
We gon’ come back to this in a week or two.
Agreed?
I’ll see you here, then.

my skateboard isn't gay enough, did they sell all of them already?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2022, 03:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A bird recently informed me that very soon, my favorite LGBTQ+ skate brand will be distributed through SF's premier manufacturer/distributor.
[close]
Big if true
[close]
Agreed?
I’ll see you here, then.
[close]

Well, there it is!
Ol’ Lou would never steer you wrong.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=121463.msg3730478#new
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:15:22 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2022, 06:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Big if true
[close]
Agreed?
I’ll see you here, then.
[close]

[close]
Well, there it is!
Ol’ Lou would never steal you wrong.

God bless, super stoked to see this. I hope this means we'll get some There twin tails
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Big if true
[close]
Agreed?
I’ll see you here, then.
[close]

[close]
Well, there it is!
Ol’ Lou would never steer you wrong.

Mystic lou strikes again

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2022, 03:30:34 PM »
Pretty dope there with deluxe now

LebowskisRug

« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2022, 05:29:25 PM »
edit: deleted.

nothingnatural

• Rep: 58
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2022, 05:36:16 PM »
I'm a cis hetero white male, but with that said would love to support Unity and There further. Would I be a culture vulture or exploitative if I buy their gear? I know it sounds stupid, but I want to make sure that there isn't a tasteless representation or something.

it’s not stupid, it’s a thoughtful question based in respect. i don’t pretend to speak for anyone but myself but i think it’d be rad to see you wearing that stuff. it’s a signal (hopefully backed up by action) that the spot or the park or the shop is a place i can be my queer, trans self without hiding.

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2022, 01:23:56 PM »
https://youtu.be/ShIbNP3p5eQ
Ruining Skateboarding is online!

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2022, 11:27:12 AM »
I honestly had a phase of my sexuality where I was going through an existential crisis and figuring out my attraction to guys and women while living/going to uni in the Bay Area. I am a queer/lgtbq+ ally for sure, but sometimes the vibes and my own personal self-esteem gets shattered while skating with cis and straight men, especially coming from a military families and areas where I have lived that have high military presence (I am a military brat who was raised by my dad, who served in the military for like 27+ years). I do want to be independent and finally escape the verbal barking and bullshit I experienced in military housing and my parents, but my parents are getting old and are retiring soon, and I do feel that I will he pigeon-holed to be the only person in my household to take care of them during retirement, as the so-called “obedient son of my immediate family” does. I also have 3 brothers who aren’t as close as I am with my parents, so I feel that it is my responsibility to be the responsible brother to help my family out in desperate need. Sorry for this tangent rant, just letting my emotions and trauma out

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
Pride month is fast approaching, drop your local queer skate meetups if you got them!

Here's on for Pittsburgh:

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2022, 02:41:20 PM »
I honestly had a phase of my sexuality where I was going through an existential crisis and figuring out my attraction to guys and women while living/going to uni in the Bay Area. I am a queer/lgtbq+ ally for sure, but sometimes the vibes and my own personal self-esteem gets shattered while skating with cis and straight men, especially coming from a military families and areas where I have lived that have high military presence (I am a military brat who was raised by my dad, who served in the military for like 27+ years). I do want to be independent and finally escape the verbal barking and bullshit I experienced in military housing and my parents, but my parents are getting old and are retiring soon, and I do feel that I will he pigeon-holed to be the only person in my household to take care of them during retirement, as the so-called “obedient son of my immediate family” does. I also have 3 brothers who aren’t as close as I am with my parents, so I feel that it is my responsibility to be the responsible brother to help my family out in desperate need. Sorry for this tangent rant, just letting my emotions and trauma out

you don't owe your parents shit, especially if they brought you up in a somewhat toxic military drill environment. i know it's hard, i still try to please my asshole military dad(who was also in the military for decades, but was never actually deployed but loves to act like he was) to this day, and all i get from it is recurring episodes of being suicidal and feeling like i shouldn't exist at all. they could die any minute and i haven't seen them since before covid and they don't even want to see me because i'm just an annoying worm to them.

don't be like me. i wasted almost two decades of my life trying to make my parents happy in any way before i realized that that will never happen regardless of what i do or am. i'm sorry for being this blunt, but if they can't take the truth about your sexuality and be cool with it, then ditch them. our boomer parents had all the time and resources to prepare for their old age. most of us can't do that because we are not part of that shitty boomer generation that literally stole everything from the following generations to live the lushest life while they made the earth borderline uninhabitable within 40 years and now vote for proto fascists everywhere in their twilight years because they are literally brainrotted/demented from lead poisoning. 

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2022, 01:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you don't owe your parents shit, especially if they brought you up in a somewhat toxic military drill environment. i know it's hard, i still try to please my asshole military dad(who was also in the military for decades, but was never actually deployed but loves to act like he was) to this day, and all i get from it is recurring episodes of being suicidal and feeling like i shouldn't exist at all. they could die any minute and i haven't seen them since before covid and they don't even want to see me because i'm just an annoying worm to them.

don't be like me. i wasted almost two decades of my life trying to make my parents happy in any way before i realized that that will never happen regardless of what i do or am. i'm sorry for being this blunt, but if they can't take the truth about your sexuality and be cool with it, then ditch them. our boomer parents had all the time and resources to prepare for their old age. most of us can't do that because we are not part of that shitty boomer generation that literally stole everything from the following generations to live the lushest life while they made the earth borderline uninhabitable within 40 years and now vote for proto fascists everywhere in their twilight years because they are literally brainrotted/demented from lead poisoning.

Thanks for your blunt honesty man. Glad to know orher military kids on this forum who can relate in some level. I do wanna possibly move out to Oakland and really find my community wherever, that doesnt have dickish macho military and law enforcement heads always messing with me. Im from San Diego, and honestly even the hillcrest queers give off some weird anti-homeless energy and think theyre so entitled (mostly white gays imo). Maybe im being too judgy, but I used to hang out with lots of Queer non-skater poc queers and transitioning men in the area and they even felt the vibe too. It’s might have changed now, but I haven’t really gone to hillcrest outside of restaurants I love there in a few years because of the weird vibes I possibly bring, or the rich doctor/really high educated gay men that are very anti-homeless and anti-mental health

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2022, 02:33:28 PM »
holy shit guys just realized nobody has wished this thread a happy pride month. I know it's been largely overtaken in the US by corporate opportunists, but it truly is a time for just us.

I don't think I've introduced myself here - I'm a lesbian skater in the midwest.

hope you all are well and I love you! keep being who you are and keep shredding!  8)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2022, 09:28:03 PM »
Yoo what part of the Midwest you in ?

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2022, 04:00:31 PM »
Indianapolis :)

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »

For any Pittsburgh area homies, we've got a really good event set for tomorrow!

goldfishboot

• Rep: 144
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2022, 12:14:18 PM »
nothing important to plug, just sayin happy pride if you celebrate and I hope everyone's doin good today. hope you grind somethin cool soon, gang

I-HATE-YOU

• Rep: -35
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2022, 01:51:53 PM »
east coast non-binary/trans woman skater here-- i grapple w some of the sociopolitical implications of gender discourse and so i've never liked labels, but somewhere in that spectrum would be most accurate. i mostly just feel like gender is fake, but now that pronouns are going mainstream and i'm being asked more and more frequently to provide them, i feel like my hand is kinda being forced. idk if anyone else relates.

but yeah anyway new account just to post in this thread after years of occasional lurking, hello beautiful queers  :P

Serious question. How can you be “non binary trans”? Doesn’t non binary mean you do not identify as a gender? How can you be a trans male/female when you do not identify as either?

nothingnatural

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2022, 04:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
east coast non-binary/trans woman skater here-- i grapple w some of the sociopolitical implications of gender discourse and so i've never liked labels, but somewhere in that spectrum would be most accurate. i mostly just feel like gender is fake, but now that pronouns are going mainstream and i'm being asked more and more frequently to provide them, i feel like my hand is kinda being forced. idk if anyone else relates.

but yeah anyway new account just to post in this thread after years of occasional lurking, hello beautiful queers  :P
[close]

Serious question. How can you be “non binary trans”? Doesn’t non binary mean you do not identify as a gender? How can you be a trans male/female when you do not identify as either?

serious answer: my personal experience is that
-the doctor marked my birth chart with a specific letter
-i have had a long and complicated relationship with gender
-i have lived life as a guy and as a woman but neither fit
-so i am transgender because i do not identify with what i was assigned at birth for a variety of reasons
-but i am also non-binary because my experience/identity/etc is not male or female but rather some sort of messy mix of all of that

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
Happy Pride y’all. Nothing but love and solidarity!

Also, someone gnar @nothingnatural again for me?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2022, 12:16:41 AM »

It is my pleasure to have your back here.
And @nothingnatural you are so very gracious to accommodate such a blatant troll; bless you for doing what you can to open eyes & minds with kindness & patience.
Personally, I wouldn’t have been nearly so genteel, but I see you & appreciate you.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

nothingnatural

« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It is my pleasure to have your back here.
And @nothingnatural you are so very gracious to accommodate such a blatant troll; bless you for doing what you can to open eyes & minds with kindness & patience.
Personally, I wouldn’t have been nearly so genteel, but I see you & appreciate you.

thanks! i had serious doubts about that serious question, but i figured it was a Teachable Moment(tm) if not for the troll, then for someone who has similar experiences to my own but is having trouble articulating what they feel.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2022, 11:12:45 AM »
I don't think I've posted in here yet, but now seems like a good time to. I'm a queer skater from California. Never really had a "coming out" moment since I come from a first-gen immigrant family with very culturally traditional values (i.e. very conservative), but I'm trying to be more honest and open about my identity. Happy pride to those who celebrate!

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »
Happy PRIDE friends!!! Love this thread and love all of you!! 🏳️‍🌈

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2022, 03:52:59 PM »
Happy pride ya'll. Solidarity and love

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Today marks 1 year on HRT for me! It's been a very hectic process but I genuinely love who I've become. Being involved in a local queer skate scene has really done wonders for me, and I'd encourage anyone here to do the same. If any of yinz are struggling with or being persecuted for your gender or sexuality, I promise it gets better. Love you all ❤❤❤

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2022, 09:56:56 PM »
Much love to everyone in this thread. Happy pride ya’ll

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2022, 11:36:46 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf9wYCLuQFV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Twompsax with Cher Strauberry is on tour supporting sheer mag

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgMfU_au9xa/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Her other band 80HD is touring too. Scroll for the tour dates.

Cher is so cool lol. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

nothing's been the since same

Maggsmcdockery

• Rep: 6
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2022, 08:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Indianapolis :)
Trans girl in Kokomo here, nice to here of other queer skateboarders in Indiana!