Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 36509 times)

texascybergothic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »
The damage to my knee has been super isolating. I used to really enjoy meeting people and taking up space as a queer person at skate spots, parks, DIYs. Now I can't even work without knee pain and instability, much less skate. Who can relate?

nothingnatural

• Rep: 54
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
The damage to my knee has been super isolating. I used to really enjoy meeting people and taking up space as a queer person at skate spots, parks, DIYs. Now I can't even work without knee pain and instability, much less skate. Who can relate?

i feel you. iím learning to accept the disability and chronic health concerns in my life but not being able to skate as queer skating has grown here in my city and in the broader sense has been heartbreaking and frustrating at times.

iíve found other ways to be involved, though. iíve solicited donations and assembled setups for giveaway events, iíve spoken about my experience as someone who started skating in 1987 to give a sense of history, and when i can i make it to sessions and events to support the next generation. itís not the same, but itís a good thing in its own way and a reminder that there are many roles to play in this big thing called skateboarding.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2127
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2022, 09:28:40 AM »
Do I know any of you cats on #skatetwitter?

Not asking you to connect your accounts here and there if ya don't want, I just seem to know more open lgbtq+ folks there since it's more visually based and the convos are a bit more fluid/fast on the app.

caked

• Rep: 6
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2022, 03:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yoo what part of the Midwest you in ?
[close]
Indianapolis :)
[close]
Trans girl in Kokomo here, nice to here of other queer skateboarders in Indiana!

omg hi! I think I followed you on insta recently, you rip! I agree, nice to know we're not alone.