Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 40978 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2022, 02:41:25 AM »
Kindness, particularly in a situation that feels threatening, is such a gift.

I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but for me it's not at all: when I came to SLAP and started posting openly about my sexuality, I was sort of caught off guard by the kindness that was extended to me by FAR more people than those who were hostile. Of course the hostility often gets the attention because it's hard to take, but I've discussed on here a ton about how awesome folks were.

I think in general more people are kind and good...but the nasty fuckers suck all the air out of the room and basically ruin it for everybody.

edit: lol I just got scolded by SLAP for trying to gnar you more than twice in a 24 hour period @IpathCats
Will gnar again someday soon!!!

@GAY i was talking to one of the employees at Kingswell the other day who lurks on here and they said you’re one of their favorites.    I mentioned that I think you said you’ve been there and he was pretty stoked on that

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2346
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
Expand Quote

I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but for me it's not at all: when I came to SLAP and started posting openly about my sexuality, I was sort of caught off guard by the kindness that was extended to me by FAR more people than those who were hostile. Of course the hostility often gets the attention because it's hard to take, but I've discussed on here a ton about how awesome folks were.

I think in general more people are kind and good...but the nasty fuckers suck all the air out of the room and basically ruin it for everybody.

edit: lol I just got scolded by SLAP for trying to gnar you more than twice in a 24 hour period @IpathCats
[close]

@GAY i was talking to one of the employees at Kingswell the other day who lurks on here and they said you’re one of their favorites.    I mentioned that I think you said you’ve been there and he was pretty stoked on that

ha! I'm honored! That's rad. I used to live right by the Kingswell, and I'm from Albuquerque so I've had a nice connection with Mr. Chavez even though I didn't know him from there. Anyway, you made my day AA.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2022, 11:11:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ha! I'm honored! That's rad. I used to live right by the Kingswell, and I'm from Albuquerque so I've had a nice connection with Mr. Chavez even though I didn't know him from there. Anyway, you made my day AA.

He was happy to know you started posting again

Kanteen Russell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2022, 06:10:05 PM »
Any queer skaters here in the Philadelphia area? My boyfriend and I are thinking of relocating soon. Wonder if LGBTQIA scene + skate scene sees any overlap  in the city o brotherly love 8)

Lisa96

« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2022, 07:31:53 AM »
heartbroken

Lisa96

« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2022, 07:35:12 AM »
later, SLAP. it's been fun. i need to focus on my mental health. *mods please focus my account