Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 142515 times)

Sedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #450 on: April 17, 2024, 09:20:31 PM »
Also, since my last post on the matter above… I’ve come out to my closest friends and my mom. And all have been very supportive. It’s been so, so fucking great in an otherwise mildly shitty time.

AWESOME! Congrats!
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3333
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #451 on: April 18, 2024, 07:32:17 AM »
Ignorance is bliss! ;)

Also, since my last post on the matter above… I’ve come out to my closest friends and my mom. And all have been very supportive. It’s been so, so fucking great in an otherwise mildly shitty time.

So awesome.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #452 on: April 18, 2024, 08:19:48 AM »
Ignorance is bliss! ;)

!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

herecomesaregular

• Rep: 10
« Reply #453 on: April 18, 2024, 10:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I doubt there’s anyone in this thread that doesn’t understand on some level. The fear of being cast out by friends, family, and coworkers is real and palpable. Rejection from those people fucked me up in a major way for a good long time. All of that is to say I love U and liked reading your post.

If anybody on here ever needs to chat about any kind of struggle please feel free to shoot me a DM. It’s difficult stuff to grapple with and can be overwhelming. I don’t consider myself any kind of authority…I just know how trippy it can be coming to terms with your sexuality.
[close]

GAY, I have been enjoying your comments on here for years. That was an awesome message. That is the definition of skateboarding and SLAP. THANKS.
[close]

Ah, thanks…very kind of you to say. Truth is I’m old now and skate rarely anymore, so not sure I even have much to offer, but I very much know feeling alone in a subculture like skateboarding and just don’t want anyone to feel that way.

I’m also an idiot so if you’re queer and stupid…that’s ok too!
[close]

Ignorance is bliss! ;)

That’s fucking fantastic news, congrats!!

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #454 on: April 19, 2024, 06:51:12 AM »
hell yes @Allen. !! that's what we love to see. <3

Sk9ing had been mad fun lately feel more like myself.

feeling this a tremendous amount lately. skating has never been more fun as i feel more at home in my body day by day. haven't skated this much in years and i feel so floaty and present and free. 

previously i had a feeling of latency and feeling outside of myself while skating and it affected my confidence from being in that disassociative state. now that my confidence has improved through transition, it's translating to my skating and it's been such a joy to experience.

estrogen is magic ^_^

herecomesaregular

« Reply #455 on: April 19, 2024, 08:56:22 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

feeling this a tremendous amount lately. skating has never been more fun as i feel more at home in my body day by day. haven't skated this much in years and i feel so floaty and present and free. 

previously i had a feeling of latency and feeling outside of myself while skating and it affected my confidence from being in that disassociative state. now that my confidence has improved through transition, it's translating to my skating and it's been such a joy to experience.

estrogen is magic ^_^

Yooooo same!

The mental clarity and lack of dissociation now that my hormones are “correct” for my brain, plus I’ve managed to find some skate friends that aren’t cis dudes lately, and I’ve never had better sessions. Even down to the tricks I land and how I feel on the board, sessions with the girl gang behind me are light years better than before I transitioned.

Magnolia

• Rep: 448
  • She/They
« Reply #456 on: April 19, 2024, 12:17:35 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

estrogen is magic ^_^
[close]

Yooooo same!

The mental clarity and lack of dissociation now that my hormones are “correct” for my brain, plus I’ve managed to find some skate friends that aren’t cis dudes lately, and I’ve never had better sessions. Even down to the tricks I land and how I feel on the board, sessions with the girl gang behind me are light years better than before I transitioned.

My experience has been really similar! The crew I skate with is so close knit and encouraging, and I def feel like my body actually lines up w my thoughts now.

I love everyone in this thread ❤️❤️
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #457 on: April 20, 2024, 02:10:03 PM »
I came out to my parents (trans stuff) in late Feb, my mother said that she always knew. I suppose they do say that mother's have intuition about their children and everything going on with them.  She's totally cool with it and said she always wanted a daughter.  She even took me to get my ears pierced the other day.  Coming out to my dad was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but, my mom spoke to him over breakfast to kinda break the ice about it.  He's not even a bad dude or some raging maga type, he's a good guy and I love him.  I just imagine that given the current culture around masculinity and what not that it was probably the last thing he wanted to hear.  He really took it fine though and said he'll do whatever it takes to help me out - he also told me a great story about a coworker he had that transitioned.  I started HRT through Planned Parenthood a month ago and I feel great!  At first I was really worried it was all just the placebo effect that you see so many people talk about online, but, I really do feel normal (if you want to call it that) - again, I don't know if it's placebo or Estrogen, but, I feel so much more calm now and not riddled with crippling anxiety.  I fee like I can finally just breathe.  Also, I feel like I'm focusing on skateboarding more and making strides.  I wasn't bad or anything, but, the last year or so has been rough and I wasn't really able to push myself on the board properly because I just felt scatterbrained/disassociating or whatever the hell goes on with this type of stuff.  I've always lurked this thread and would check when I first login to SLAP; Reading the posts in here really helped me out with regards to coming out and ya'll gave me some courage to express myself and say something.  Also, shout out to Brianna Delaney (back tail queen) that Skating through Transition piece she did basically was one of the things that made me confront reality about my situation.  Anyways, I just want to say that ya'll rock and are wonderful. (apologies if there's shitty grammar, punctuation, etc.).

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #458 on: April 20, 2024, 02:16:56 PM »
I came out to my parents (trans stuff) in late Feb, my mother said that she always knew. I suppose they do say that mother's have intuition about their children and everything going on with them.  She's totally cool with it and said she always wanted a daughter.  She even took me to get my ears pierced the other day.  Coming out to my dad was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but, my mom spoke to him over breakfast to kinda break the ice about it.  He's not even a bad dude or some raging maga type, he's a good guy and I love him.  I just imagine that given the current culture around masculinity and what not that it was probably the last thing he wanted to hear.  He really took it fine though and said he'll do whatever it takes to help me out - he also told me a great story about a coworker he had that transitioned.  I started HRT through Planned Parenthood a month ago and I feel great!  At first I was really worried it was all just the placebo effect that you see so many people talk about online, but, I really do feel normal (if you want to call it that) - again, I don't know if it's placebo or Estrogen, but, I feel so much more calm now and not riddled with crippling anxiety.  I fee like I can finally just breathe.  Also, I feel like I'm focusing on skateboarding more and making strides.  I wasn't bad or anything, but, the last year or so has been rough and I wasn't really able to push myself on the board properly because I just felt scatterbrained/disassociating or whatever the hell goes on with this type of stuff.  I've always lurked this thread and would check when I first login to SLAP; Reading the posts in here really helped me out with regards to coming out and ya'll gave me some courage to express myself and say something.  Also, shout out to Brianna Delaney (back tail queen) that Skating through Transition piece she did basically was one of the things that made me confront reality about my situation.  Anyways, I just want to say that ya'll rock and are wonderful. (apologies if there's shitty grammar, punctuation, etc.).

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you :)

I think it's pretty common to just feel calmer once you've started HRT. Other hormonal imbalances like cortisol, melatonin, adrenaline, etc. can easily affect your mood so it makes sense that an imbalance of sex hormones would do the same thing. Just getting the balance right can clear up so much of the stress and mental noise a lot of us feel prior to transitioning

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -332
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2024, 06:13:23 AM »
Alright I've got a few bullet points pertaining to the sexuality spectrum that I find difficult to understand. In no way is this indicative or judgemental for those who identify as other.

I am bi I assumed the LGBTQ was just finite with gay, (lesbian included) bi and trans. Now I hear of this otherness pansexual, demisexual and etc.  What happened to transexual or cross dressing? I've done that before and I don't identity as trans just I liked how it felt in feminine clothing.

Now I get assigned genders and femme and butch roles/identities as well body dysphoria the otherness of which I'm bewildered by, not that I don't acknowledge someone's identity so much as it seems like attention seeking.  Now I know I might be the odd one out in this conversation but hear me out.

A man or woman can be born being gay butttttt the spectrum of sexual identity eg... I identity as (not born) such and such is a societal construct, also and it seems like just like racism isn't born with its a learned behavior and experience that we either delve or push against.

What I mean with this rambling is the construct of otherness outside of attraction just seems too confusing to me. If it seems like I'm being a dick it's not, I'd like some clarity as maybe I'm not homophobic so much as the small details seem too extra and divisive as well as contradictory towards what queer folk back in the day were fighting for, help me out?!
Dueces Bitch's

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #460 on: April 27, 2024, 09:37:19 AM »
Alright I've got a few bullet points pertaining to the sexuality spectrum that I find difficult to understand. In no way is this indicative or judgemental for those who identify as other.

I am bi I assumed the LGBTQ was just finite with gay, (lesbian included) bi and trans. Now I hear of this otherness pansexual, demisexual and etc.  What happened to transexual or cross dressing? I've done that before and I don't identity as trans just I liked how it felt in feminine clothing.

Now I get assigned genders and femme and butch roles/identities as well body dysphoria the otherness of which I'm bewildered by, not that I don't acknowledge someone's identity so much as it seems like attention seeking.  Now I know I might be the odd one out in this conversation but hear me out.

A man or woman can be born being gay butttttt the spectrum of sexual identity eg... I identity as (not born) such and such is a societal construct, also and it seems like just like racism isn't born with its a learned behavior and experience that we either delve or push against.

What I mean with this rambling is the construct of otherness outside of attraction just seems too confusing to me. If it seems like I'm being a dick it's not, I'd like some clarity as maybe I'm not homophobic so much as the small details seem too extra and divisive as well as contradictory towards what queer folk back in the day were fighting for, help me out?!

Help yourself out and leave us alone :)
If you're this confused just google it

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: April 27, 2024, 09:52:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Help yourself out and leave us alone :)
If you're this confused just google it
Fair enough, no harm intended.

look in hindsight I'm not here to offend or change a view. My thoughts are merely speculation.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 11:30:50 AM by LordManHammer »
Dueces Bitch's

herecomesaregular

« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2024, 10:46:42 AM »

Literally just Google the terms you’re confused about and get out of this thread. Your post is incoherent, used multiple tropes popularized by the anti-queer religious right, doesn’t ask any actual questions, and then asks us to indulge you and give you the benefit of the doubt while you shit talk multiple queer identities? Nah we’re not doing this. Jog on.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2024, 03:50:05 PM »

Now I hear of this someone's identity so much as it seems like attention seeking.

See, the above statement isn't questioning identity or sexuality at all, it's just making an unwelcome and hurtful judgement about people who you've never met. If you really are open to trying to understand yourself and others better, and not just trolling, you should start by asking yourself why you hold this negative assumption, and why you are choosing to make this hurtful comment publicly.
For context, there are lots of people who say the same thing about skateboarders, that we are all just attention seekers. It's a reductionist, uninformed, and disrespectful attitude.

lilac

• Rep: 9
  • Probably just a poser. For now, at least.
    • Telegram Account avatar image
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2024, 10:10:56 PM »
tfw no cute midwestern lesbian skater gf to teach me how to suck less, and let me watch her do cool tricks i could never pull off, and drive around the city with, aimlessly looking for cool spots, and, and...
Got a light?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2024, 07:41:08 AM »

Expand Quote

Now I hear of this someone's identity so much as it seems like attention seeking.

[close]

See, the above statement isn't questioning identity or sexuality at all, it's just making an unwelcome and hurtful judgement about people who you've never met. If you really are open to trying to understand yourself and others better, and not just trolling, you should start by asking yourself why you hold this negative assumption, and why you are choosing to make this hurtful comment publicly.
For context, there are lots of people who say the same thing about skateboarders, that we are all just attention seekers. It's a reductionist, uninformed, and disrespectful attitude.
It seems like the whole aspect of what I'm asking wasn't judgmental  at all, it was asking as well having an open conversation.  If those that are getting offended that's not at all my intentions, maybeeeee that's a you problem.

I thought the whole part of inclusion was to not push against questions?  It seems to me when confronted with curiosity it's met with assumptions about trolling.  Now I get why someone would assume as such but what happened to having thick skin and not taking thing's that needs not be?
Dueces Bitch's

herecomesaregular

« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2024, 08:09:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It seems like the whole aspect of what I'm asking wasn't judgmental  at all, it was asking as well having an open conversation.  If those that are getting offended that's not at all my intentions, maybeeeee that's a you problem.

I thought the whole part of inclusion was to not push against questions?  It seems to me when confronted with curiosity it's met with assumptions about trolling.  Now I get why someone would assume as such but what happened to having thick skin and not taking thing's that needs not be?

You haven’t asked any questions. Do you regularly walk into a room, shit on the lives and identities of the people in it, go “am I right?!?”,  and expect everyone to applaud you?

We’re treating you like a troll because you’re trolling

If you’re gonna be an asshole at least be funny.

Booooooo

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3333
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #467 on: Today at 07:45:08 AM »
Hahaha I love it when people booo other people. It gives me life.