Author Topic: queer skaters talking about queer shit  (Read 140766 times)

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: queer skaters talking about queer shit
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »
I’m excited for the there video.
I wonder who’s gonna have full parts

Marbies podcast interview was pretty cool. Didn’t know much about her before I listened
what podcast? i'd really like to hear that

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »
who's everyone particularly stoked on right now? I think Akobi that person associated with the Melodi crew or whatever is fuckin sick, their insta is banging

akobi is super sick, great style. looking forward to all their footage.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m excited for the there video.
I wonder who’s gonna have full parts

Marbies podcast interview was pretty cool. Didn’t know much about her before I listened
[close]
what podcast? i'd really like to hear that

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vent-city/id1458209339?i=1000502958645

🙂

nothing's been the since same

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2021, 11:33:57 PM »
I'm hammered and don't know how I ended up in this thread, but it's beautiful, you're all beautiful and I love y'all.

I'm a cis hetero white guy, but just wanted to shout out Cream City in Milwaukee for their safe skate sessions and the fem/LGBTQ+(sorry if I didn't phrase this right) contest they've been holding at Wilson skatepark in Chicago (Marbie won the last one, it was rad).

My cousin came out as an asexual queer, I'm going to be honest I'm not sure what that means, but their dad is super religious so I try to support them any way I can, but mostly it just comes down to shooting the shit with 'em and listening what they have to say.   

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2021, 01:08:43 AM »
I'm hammered and don't know how I ended up in this thread, but it's beautiful, you're all beautiful and I love y'all.

I'm a cis hetero white guy, but just wanted to shout out Cream City in Milwaukee for their safe skate sessions and the fem/LGBTQ+(sorry if I didn't phrase this right) contest they've been holding at Wilson skatepark in Chicago (Marbie won the last one, it was rad).

My cousin came out as an asexual queer, I'm going to be honest I'm not sure what that means, but their dad is super religious so I try to support them any way I can, but mostly it just comes down to shooting the shit with 'em and listening what they have to say.

This post made my day. Have a gnar. Much love to everyone!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2021, 04:12:58 AM »

I haven’t heard of “asexual queer” either, but it’s great people are able to find the vocabulary in this day and age to be able to describe who they with a satisfying accuracy.  Also, will forever be jealous that asexual folk refer to themselves as “aces”.  That’s too damn cool (and always makes me teehee when Ace trucks are mentioned)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2021, 06:25:29 AM »
Theres few things less important or relevant to skateboarding than what a person does with their dick ass mouth tiddies, elbows or feelings to another person or peoples.

If i saw a thread that said straight skaters talking about straight stuff id open it, laugh, comment how dumb this is and move on. These are more or less my thoughts on this thread.

We all know this person is an idiot.  No one here (and likely anywhere) has asked them to weigh in on this or any topic.  Can we collectively ignore this dumb take so we don’t clog the topic with arguing and thus repeating his words?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2021, 06:46:00 AM »
We all know this person is an idiot.  No one here (and likely anywhere) has asked them to weigh in on this or any topic.  Can we collectively ignore this dumb take so we don’t clog the topic with arguing and thus repeating his words?

Sure can! I was gonna quote it and strike it out but decided it wasn’t worth the pixels.

Happy Pride Month to all my LGBTQ+ homies. I’m fairly happily married but have had the epiphany recently that I’m not exactly straight. Don’t really bother with labels, but I at the very least consider myself an ally and I love the idea of a Queer Slap thread.

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2021, 06:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Theres few things less important or relevant to skateboarding than what a person does with their dick ass mouth tiddies, elbows or feelings to another person or peoples.

If i saw a thread that said straight skaters talking about straight stuff id open it, laugh, comment how dumb this is and move on. These are more or less my thoughts on this thread.
[close]

Consider my dumb take a preview hopefully on peoples feelings to someones sexuality in the coming years. Im hoping to get to this stage as fast as possible.

Oh your gay... *shrugs*. So anyways we skatin or wat.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2021, 07:10:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Consider my dumb take a preview hopefully on peoples feelings to someones sexuality in the coming years. Im hoping to get to this stage as fast as possible.

spoken like a true straight person

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2021, 07:15:40 AM »
Happy pride month, y’all!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2021, 08:50:41 AM »
Happy pride month, y’all!
thanks G!

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2021, 09:17:43 AM »
Nobody asked me to weigh in, but I’m gonna speak to @atheosx for a sec...
While your second point was a lovely & optimistic take,

it bears noting that it is this casually dismissive attitude of your initial post that actually necessitates a thread like this.

Kindly consider that everybody has different experiences & these so called “safe spaces” are valuable to a good bunch of our friends on here.
I want to believe that you are coming from a very sincere & genuine, if not uninformed position.
I hope your vision becomes reality, but remember that it is on ALL OF US to ensure that it does.
Shalom.

And happy, happy to all the homies for Pride Month.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »
when I was growing up skating I used to watch my clips and think I was pretty damn gay. Now I see the kids coming up now and goddamn they’re gay as hell

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2021, 09:34:47 AM »
Just came out to a big group of my skate homies before a trip, so nervous about it but a step in the right direction.

I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »
Just came out to a big group of my skate homies before a trip, so nervous about it but a step in the right direction.
Congrats man! This has me stoked. Sounds like you have a good support system with your friends☺

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »

sincere congrats, pretty big move

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2021, 10:56:25 AM »

Proud of you <3

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »
One of my good skate friends came out to me last night, I was in the closet to pretty much only my skater pals , and when she messaged me and said she was using new pronouns I was just so stoked and inspired that I had to just bite the bullet and tell the homies.

I do have a really good support group with some awesome people, but theres also been beef and random tiffs that tends to occur when your in a big crew of young people, so I definitely have some anxieties about it but it feels good.

No fear skate co please put on a trans/queer/gay skater

I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2021, 11:14:42 AM »
Boring white hetero male from Berlin checking in.
I don't care what you consider yourself, if you have fun at skating and don't take yourself too serious I am down for a session.

I have all your backs and ya all are very strong and brave.
Much love.
IG: @flowterspace

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2021, 11:52:54 AM »

Major, major congrats

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2021, 01:07:40 PM »
Happy pride month to all the LGBTQ+ skaters out there. Make sure to show respect and support to any homies that come out this month. 8)

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
Happy pride to all my fellow queer skaters. As a pansexual in a straight presenting relationship I just wanted to say that even if you are in a hetero relationship you are still valid in regards to your queerness. keep rippin and don’t trip on the assholes that tell you otherwise. :)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2021, 03:37:15 PM »
Happy pride to all you guys, gals and non binary PALS. Doofus straight dude popping in to say you all rock and I've got your back. My homie is coming down from Portland this weekend and we're gonna go to some gay clubs together in West Hollywood so he can party his beautiful gay heart out. Love you guys, stay safe, strong and proud of who you are!

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2021, 04:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

spoken like a true straight person

Sure arent.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2021, 04:45:16 PM »
CisHet Male here and want to send much love to all in this thread for Pride Month. Please continue living your truths and I really hope it will continue to get easier for this and future generations of LBGQT+ to be themselves and not have to live in fear of society, individuals or family. We must change the mindsets of the bigoted now. No more perpetuating intolerance .

if anyone wants to skate in Northwest Colorado , hit the messages!

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2021, 05:04:33 PM »
41yo gay guy in Texas. Skating 30 years. Long time lurker, but stoked on this thread. Gonna vent a little:

Even with the macho setting, skating was always my safe space, especially growing up in the 90s. I lived in MD/DC which at the time was a melting pot of emerging scenes—Fugazi and post hardcore, DC Go-go, ravers, Baltimore club.. so much shit was happening. Golden-era spots like Pulaski, Landsdowne, Towson courthouse were just being born. Those scenes brought all walks of life together and skaters were a common thread through all of it.

I wasn't out then, but skating's status as the underdog pulled me in. I knew I was "other" and if I had to pick a group to identify with, skaters had the most open minds at the time. At least in the MD/VA/DC scene, the cliche was true: "it didn't matter who you were—if you skated, you were in."

The whole time I knew the industry (and the world at large) wouldn't be ready for anything gay anytime soon, no matter how good of a skater I was. We're talking before "Will'n'Grace", before any representation anywhere besides the art and DIY music scene. But I knew there were other gay skaters. And it was really cold knowing I'd never meet them. My life moved on, and I came out in 2004. And like I knew it would, my close skate community (in Texas of all places) did not turn their backs.

The young queer kids today making things happen, they're making that dream come true for me and countless others. It feels like those early days when the joy of fucking skating itself—not stacking clips—drove us all to unite and roam the streets together.

Shout out to Jarrett Berry, Kunle IRAK, Sam McGuire and Yann Horoblitz for being beacons of what was to come. And thank you BA, fucking ARIN, There, Unity and Glue for pushing us forward.

Broooo. I was born in Towson. Grew up in Middle River/Rosedale, right off Pulaski. Congrats to you in finding yourself and big ups to my fellow Baltimoron.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2021, 02:00:50 AM »
I’m not gay, but my best friend of over 20 years just came out recently. Our other friends, who have been in our circle for almost our whole lives don’t even speak to him now, which is really fucking shitty and I was really shocked by that.  It is even making me reconsider my friendship with them now.  Sometimes it takes longer to see people’s true colors I guess.  He’s still the same old dude I’ve known my whole life so I really don’t see why it’s a problem, and it shouldn’t be to begin with.

He has a boyfriend now and he’s really happy, probably the happiest I’ve ever seen him and I’m so stoked and proud of him for coming out and living his best life.  All this time I had no idea that he was struggling with his inner demons with this, and I wish he would’ve told me sooner because I 100% would’ve been there for him every step of the way. I understand why he didn’t though because it was just different times back then. 

I never cared what his sexual orientation is, I just want him to continue being my best friend. That’s all I care about.

wow those "friends" are horrible what the fuck.

I like glue but I wish they toned down the editing, their graphics are very nice and promoting queer skaters is beneficial for everyone. I'm completely straight so can't really contribute anything other than vocal support on this thread, skateboarding needs you guys!

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »

A friend who listens is the best kind of support out there.

Dong Juan

• Rep: -7
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2021, 10:33:28 PM »
Two days ago I came out as a trans woman to my best friend. He's still my best friend. He is my fucking rock. Oh, I just came out as trans on Facebook... I've never felt so myself in my life.