Author Topic: Elijah Berle of locking spots  (Read 32710 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
Re: Elijah Berle of locking spots
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
Dill Mystery Box

BroBruhBra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2020, 06:01:09 PM »
Dill grease.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
is this true? if so that’s kookier than I already thought he was
[close]

Greg Hunt already came in and posted it's not true.
“Greg Hunt” doesn’t know his right testicle from his eyebrow

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This sort of reminds me of the Clint Walker thing. I forget the name of the spot, stairs that Reynolds destroys in Baker 3 (Wilshire?). Anyhow, the city put up an obstruction at the end to discourage people from skating it, Clint gaps the whole fucker, sits on the footage. Then some kid winds up doing it and posting it on Instagram and Clint and company melts down about it.

I think this is the risk of holding onto footage, and no one is at fault. If you want to gamble on no one else doing it that's your choice, but you can't cry if someone else does it after and publishes it before you.
[close]

I'm just shocked someone who posts on slap isn't sure what the Wilshire set is
[close]

Sure, so I guessed (correctly) and then locked it in by citing a person who skated it in a specific part.

What doesn't shock me is someone selectively read something here and then embarrassed themselves when trying to be snarky about it, guy.

I don’t see why you’re offended about what I said nor why I should be embarrassed lol I was genuinely surprised you knew all the other info but wasn’t sure about one of the most iconic spots. Didn’t think it was that big of a deal, just kinda funny

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2020, 07:06:48 PM »
Had some good laughs in this one guys.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2020, 07:09:45 PM »
Jamie Thomas sends you a box with black slim fit 505s , studded belt, and black hair dye

Dill sends you a box with high dickies, crispy white tank, and hair grease

U may only choose 1 life path

Wyd?

Cry

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2020, 07:19:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This sort of reminds me of the Clint Walker thing. I forget the name of the spot, stairs that Reynolds destroys in Baker 3 (Wilshire?). Anyhow, the city put up an obstruction at the end to discourage people from skating it, Clint gaps the whole fucker, sits on the footage. Then some kid winds up doing it and posting it on Instagram and Clint and company melts down about it.

I think this is the risk of holding onto footage, and no one is at fault. If you want to gamble on no one else doing it that's your choice, but you can't cry if someone else does it after and publishes it before you.
[close]
Didn't Clint try to talk to the kid and then he posted out of nowhere? A kooky thing to do, they could've done a double cover or something.
[close]

I think so? I don't remember the specifics and found the whole thing to be lame. I think I felt like both parties sucked.
[close]
Probably.
[close]

From what I remember it was some random kid from the midwest or something who was out in Cali and did it. Why would he hide something like that just so a well known am / pro could get the shine for doing it? Anyone who commits to something that sick shouldnt have to bury their own clips to make pros happy, that sounds like some Stevie Williams NBA shit. If Clint was so worried about someone else taking credit he should have put a bike lock on it.

Mm I think it was a black LA skater on FA flow who went by a nickname.   It apparently cost Clint cover money which I get being upset about, but went about it in a typical Clint Walker way

Fakiefastplant

• Rep: 0
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2020, 07:51:02 PM »
Shareef Grady from Atlanta. @pretty.reef on instagram

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Jamie Thomas sends you a box with black slim fit 505s , studded belt, and black hair dye

Wyd?
[close]

Cry

U must choose.

ask yourself.

Are you fucking awesome? or dying to live?

nothing's been the since same

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sure, so I guessed (correctly) and then locked it in by citing a person who skated it in a specific part.

What doesn't shock me is someone selectively read something here and then embarrassed themselves when trying to be snarky about it, guy.
[close]

I don’t see why you’re offended about what I said nor why I should be embarrassed lol I was genuinely surprised you knew all the other info but wasn’t sure about one of the most iconic spots. Didn’t think it was that big of a deal, just kinda funny

Sorry if I misinterpreted your tone. I just assume everyone is being snarky.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2020, 08:33:14 PM »

Yeah that’s it.  Didn’t he have fatso warehouse manager thief formerly of FA (blanking on all names) help rile shit up with Clint?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that’s it.  Didn’t he have fatso warehouse manager thief formerly of FA (blanking on all names) help rile shit up with Clint?
Jiminy Pant

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2020, 09:43:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wyd?
[close]

Cry
[close]

U must choose.

ask yourself.

i’d kill myself
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Brguy

« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Didn't Clint try to talk to the kid and then he posted out of nowhere? A kooky thing to do, they could've done a double cover or something.
[close]

I think so? I don't remember the specifics and found the whole thing to be lame. I think I felt like both parties sucked.
[close]
Probably.
[close]

From what I remember it was some random kid from the midwest or something who was out in Cali and did it. Why would he hide something like that just so a well known am / pro could get the shine for doing it? Anyone who commits to something that sick shouldnt have to bury their own clips to make pros happy, that sounds like some Stevie Williams NBA shit. If Clint was so worried about someone else taking credit he should have put a bike lock on it.
Releasing the footage on insta didn't do him any favors, where he even is now? The kook move was being desperate instead of simply trying to talk about it before, there's no way he couldn't have a conversation and still post it before the mag came out, magazines take time, an insta post is made in seconds. And releasing after the cover would just prove his own gnarlyness, just like that dude that bombed the same hill as Milton on that poster.

xX_420_Blaze_It_Xx

• Rep: -14
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2020, 10:07:27 PM »
Expand Quote
I really like Berle but that is some seriously wack shit
[close]
No it's not. Nyjah is some seriously wack shit. This doesn't compare.

Imagine thinking you can’t dislike somethin someone did in our community because Nyjah out here raping people.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 761
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2020, 10:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wyd?
[close]

Cry
[close]

U must choose.

ask yourself.

[close]
i’d kill myself

In other words, zero or die

nothing's been the since same

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2020, 10:10:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry if I misinterpreted your tone. I just assume everyone is being snarky.

all good bruh and  I agree that's the risk that people take when filming

I think a similar thing happened between Jeremy Rogers and Greco. Didn't Jeremy say greco pulled a gun out on him cus he switch tre'd this nine stair in LA lmao this sounds so ridiculous as I type it out

xX_420_Blaze_It_Xx

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2020, 10:11:11 PM »
If you're skating an 8.0 or below, you can heel side lock. If you're skating 8.38 and higher, you should cross lock cause no one is trying to see your wide ass trucks overhanging off the bar. If youre between those sizes you may cross lock or heel lock. This is the way.

This is the most regular comment I’ve ever seen on slap

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2020, 11:05:50 PM »
Grant Taylor or Elijah Berle? Hmmm tough one
GEE TEE anyway but especially if the bike lock thing is true.

And If it is, Elijah is a bitch for life.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2020, 11:11:51 PM »
Expand Quote
If you're skating an 8.0 or below, you can heel side lock. If you're skating 8.38 and higher, you should cross lock cause no one is trying to see your wide ass trucks overhanging off the bar. If youre between those sizes you may cross lock or heel lock. This is the way.
[close]

This is the most regular comment I’ve ever seen on slap

Idk dude there’s some real dummies on here. But yeah...
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this true? if so that’s kookier than I already thought he was
[close]

Greg Hunt already came in and posted it's not true.
[close]
“Greg Hunt” doesn’t know his right testicle from his eyebrow

Which eyebrow, though?

conqueso

« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2020, 01:34:27 AM »
is a 5050 on that even good? jamie foy could probably combo grind it

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2020, 02:10:20 AM »
You gotta assume someone else in the epicenter of pro skateboarding can 5050 your filler trick rail
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Shamalamalon

« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2020, 03:54:15 AM »
You gotta assume someone else in the epicenter of pro skateboarding can 5050 your filler trick rail

Filler trick rail? What the rail or the trick?
Sure a 5050 is a filer trick, but are you sayin the rail is filler too?
Code: [Select]
I dunno bout that, If its an easy rail I'm sure Grant Taylor would have done more than jus a 5050 as well.
[URL=http://s109.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2020, 04:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Filler trick rail? What the rail or the trick?
Sure a 5050 is a filer trick, but are you sayin the rail is filler too?
Code: [Select]
I dunno bout that, If its an easy rail I'm sure Grant Taylor would have done more than jus a 5050 as well.

I mean, it’s not like that 5050 was particularly memorable compared to the rest of his part.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2020, 05:22:54 AM »

Wyd?

Thomas.  easy, I miss studded belts anyway

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Berle is incredible and a round rail magician for sure, but he just makes it so hard to like him. Not even knocking him for this alleged lock thing, which seems to be a big nothing (like most things here). He just seems so contrived at every turn of his career.
[close]

As as a Berle fan, what makes you think this "phase" is contrived? I would definitely agree Berle has had his moments of not being the most "original" skater in the world, but I think the release of this video had him come into his own at least somewhat?

I am not claiming you are making these assertions, but I keep seeing the Dylan comparisons and besides having impossibles on lock and a closet of wife beaters and high watered pants, Berle has a much more aggressive, crusty vibe to his skating.

Maybe that is, like you said, being contrived from some of his hockey teammates but I really think the video part was a big moment for Berle and its a bummer to see it get written off as Dylan cosplay.
[close]

I totally agree that his part was incredible, and I meant what I said about his ability on round rails in particular. I think it's hard to separate the theatre, if you will, when it's now almost expected. And this is nothing new. Obviously Greco is the captain of this club, and Ethan (my love) wore a few different hats.

His Dylan-ness right now is pretty heavy.... clothing, hair, impossibles, team..... almost makes me wonder what's going on in Dill's head (I really have no right to say this as I don't know either of them).

However, maybe I'm just being a hater from my office and diminishing skill set.
[close]
it is very clear that Dill is pulling some Vertigo-like stunt and making Berle take on the persona of Dylan to sooth the pain of losing his beloved friend

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »
Berle clearly gives a fuck, which only ads to the confused image of a 1940's greaser living in LA that wears iPods and drinks starbucks all day.

Everyones doing it, even the babes!

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote

Wyd?
[close]

Thomas.  easy, I miss studded belts anyway

Dill seems like he’d actually get you health insurance
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Probably.
[close]

[close]

Mm I think it was a black LA skater on FA flow who went by a nickname.   It apparently cost Clint cover money which I get being upset about, but went about it in a typical Clint Walker way

Yeah that Fa flow kid Reef I think. Clint did it first but thrasher wanted to save it for a possible cover. So this other kid does it, Clint reaches out and asks him not to post it and wait for the photo to come out, kid says “okay” and then turns around a couple hours later and posts the clip. Pretty goddamn whack, if you ask me