Author Topic: Elijah Berle of locking spots  (Read 32717 times)

sk8bat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -97
Re: Elijah Berle of locking spots
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This sort of reminds me of the Clint Walker thing. I forget the name of the spot, stairs that Reynolds destroys in Baker 3 (Wilshire?). Anyhow, the city put up an obstruction at the end to discourage people from skating it, Clint gaps the whole fucker, sits on the footage. Then some kid winds up doing it and posting it on Instagram and Clint and company melts down about it.

I think this is the risk of holding onto footage, and no one is at fault. If you want to gamble on no one else doing it that's your choice, but you can't cry if someone else does it after and publishes it before you.
[close]
Didn't Clint try to talk to the kid and then he posted out of nowhere? A kooky thing to do, they could've done a double cover or something.
[close]

I think so? I don't remember the specifics and found the whole thing to be lame. I think I felt like both parties sucked.
[close]
Probably.
[close]

From what I remember it was some random kid from the midwest or something who was out in Cali and did it. Why would he hide something like that just so a well known am / pro could get the shine for doing it? Anyone who commits to something that sick shouldnt have to bury their own clips to make pros happy, that sounds like some Stevie Williams NBA shit. If Clint was so worried about someone else taking credit he should have put a bike lock on it.
[close]

Mm I think it was a black LA skater on FA flow who went by a nickname.   It apparently cost Clint cover money which I get being upset about, but went about it in a typical Clint Walker way
[close]

Yeah that Fa flow kid Reef I think. Clint did it first but thrasher wanted to save it for a possible cover. So this other kid does it, Clint reaches out and asks him not to post it and wait for the photo to come out, kid says “okay” and then turns around a couple hours later and posts the clip. Pretty goddamn whack, if you ask me
I'll always remember Clint being a total bitch on kotr. He deserves getting clowned.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2020, 08:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This sort of reminds me of the Clint Walker thing. I forget the name of the spot, stairs that Reynolds destroys in Baker 3 (Wilshire?). Anyhow, the city put up an obstruction at the end to discourage people from skating it, Clint gaps the whole fucker, sits on the footage. Then some kid winds up doing it and posting it on Instagram and Clint and company melts down about it.

I think this is the risk of holding onto footage, and no one is at fault. If you want to gamble on no one else doing it that's your choice, but you can't cry if someone else does it after and publishes it before you.
[close]
Didn't Clint try to talk to the kid and then he posted out of nowhere? A kooky thing to do, they could've done a double cover or something.
[close]

I think so? I don't remember the specifics and found the whole thing to be lame. I think I felt like both parties sucked.
[close]
Probably.
[close]

From what I remember it was some random kid from the midwest or something who was out in Cali and did it. Why would he hide something like that just so a well known am / pro could get the shine for doing it? Anyone who commits to something that sick shouldnt have to bury their own clips to make pros happy, that sounds like some Stevie Williams NBA shit. If Clint was so worried about someone else taking credit he should have put a bike lock on it.
[close]

Mm I think it was a black LA skater on FA flow who went by a nickname.   It apparently cost Clint cover money which I get being upset about, but went about it in a typical Clint Walker way
[close]

Yeah that Fa flow kid Reef I think. Clint did it first but thrasher wanted to save it for a possible cover. So this other kid does it, Clint reaches out and asks him not to post it and wait for the photo to come out, kid says “okay” and then turns around a couple hours later and posts the clip. Pretty goddamn whack, if you ask me

He's from Atlanta. Also this happened four years ago, time flies..

Here's a Jenkem article about it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:26 AM »
Lol wtf did sk8bat do to get banished?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Probably.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Clint is surprisingly un-kooklike in that article. He understands that both skaters had high stakes and seems sympathetic to Reef. This article ask presages the new reality, where some of the biggest skaters in on Instagram (and hence, biggest skaters in the world) have more or less completely circumvented the industry
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2020, 05:11:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Probably.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Clint is surprisingly un-kooklike in that article. He understands that both skaters had high stakes and seems sympathetic to Reef. This article ask presages the new reality, where some of the biggest skaters in on Instagram (and hence, biggest skaters in the world) have more or less completely circumvented the industry

Clint always gonna be fighting that small D energy he presented us with on kotr.

That pretty.reef guy ain't the best either, unfollowed him a couple years back, was he posting guns on his ig story or something? I dunno some kinda lame shit

As for Elijah he really needs a fixer or some shit, it's a travesty to be that sick at skating and to be doing shit like this

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »

The "Pizza Skateboards On Element Flatbar Theft" thread may hold the answers.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2020, 05:26:45 PM »

swishfrontblunt

« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2020, 05:40:36 PM »
Like watching someone pull up to whole foods, driving a hybrid, with a fucking cowboy hat on. In Los Angeles. In 4K HD.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »
I find it fascinating that Greg Hunt would go through all of the effort to make an account just to say Elijah didn't lock that spot while at the same time NOT making an effort to say Elijah doesn't use male chastity devices.  Without saying anything at all, Greg Hunt said so much. Elijah locks his cock.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2020, 07:47:56 PM »
I find it fascinating that Greg Hunt would go through all of the effort to make an account just to say Elijah didn't lock that spot while at the same time NOT making an effort to say Elijah doesn't use male chastity devices.  Without saying anything at all, Greg Hunt said so much. Elijah locks his cock.
Dill holds the key

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2020, 08:34:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thank you mods

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2020, 07:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jamie Thomas sends you a box with black slim fit 505s , studded belt, and black hair dye

Dill sends you a box with high dickies, crispy white tank, and hair grease

U may only choose 1 life path

Wyd?
[close]

Cry
[close]

U must choose.

ask yourself.

Are you fucking awesome? or dying to live?

I hope this question makes it to the next pals questions. 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dill holds the key

Dill: Well, well, well... look who's back...

Elijah: Come on Dill, just give me the key.  I want to get OUT of this thing, it's uncomfortable as hell man.  Especially when... you know...

Dill:  Tell me Mr. Berle... how does it feel to want?

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2020, 04:16:06 PM »
Remind me to gnar you again in 24 hours

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2020, 04:43:39 PM »
Remind me to gnar you again in 24 hours
I gotcha.

Hopeless

• Rep: -1
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2020, 06:20:37 AM »
From first glace I thought Chris 'The Cuck' Nieratko had done another thing with Berle. lol

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2020, 07:14:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No one is more hated than someone who tells the truth he just came off too heated is all

cky enthusiast

« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2020, 07:52:51 AM »
From first glace I thought Chris 'The Cuck' Nieratko

you dropped the salt

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2020, 08:52:13 AM »
someone wrote reef a little earlier and now i can't stop thinking about those sandals with the bottle opener
good come sausage

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
someone wrote reef a little earlier and now i can't stop thinking about those sandals with the bottle opener

I can't stop thinking about the Reef girls.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

Still got mine
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

cky enthusiast

« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2020, 01:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can't stop thinking about the Reef girls.

i can’t stop thinking about giorgio zanonni’s brother gianni and the female character on sega top skater
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:57:46 PM by cky enthusiast »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2020, 04:33:29 PM »
How do you pronounce KITH? Is it like Keith? Or like Mike Tyson saying "kiss"?

I wanna make sure I look cool in front of my friends.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Washed Up Guy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2020, 05:14:32 PM »
Dill seems like he’d actually get you health insurance

Turns out Dill doesn't get you or Elijah health insurance

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2021, 05:58:27 AM »
I had to come on here to say this is not true.
Not even close. I was there.
I’ve actually never even heard Elijah talk about doing something like that.
So let’s move along.

just thought it would be fun to bump this since the AJP article from heccride said this definitely did happen, albeit Cody rather than Elijah doing the locking

scandalous!

https://heckride.com/f/b-roll-andrew-james-peters

After Elijah grinded this thing, Cody went and put a bike lock on the rail so that no-one would go and grind it before the footage came out. The project ‘Alright, OK’ was still a while out from being finished and new spots get taken out super quickly in LA. Sure enough a couple of weeks later Grant Taylor went there and they realized the bike lock was on the wrong part of the rail, so they could just pull it up the top and it was not in the way at all. The photo was out in the next mag as an ad, way before Elijah’s photo could see the light of day. They still used Elijah’s footage and what better duo to share a 5050 than Elijah and Grant, I hope they still use Grants footage too. You can see the bike lock in Grant’s ad too, up at the top.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2021, 07:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Probably.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Except that's not what happened. Reef called him back, said 'actually man I'm not gonna hold it' and then chilled. Clint decides 'well fuck it, let's beat him to the punch' and then all of the Birdhouse team posted it at once, Reef posted it after that.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »
Elijah when he got on Chocolate I thought was gonna do some shit. He just turned out to be lame.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »
Elijah when he got on Chocolate I thought was gonna do some shit. He just turned out to be lame.

Trunk Bois

Elijah is very, very good. But unfortunately for him that's not enough these days. I'd rather watch Ben Kadow, tbh.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2021, 11:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trunk Bois

Elijah is very, very good. But unfortunately for him that's not enough these days. I'd rather watch Ben Kadow, tbh.
My favorite era of Elijah was when he tried to look like he was Hispanic.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2021, 12:35:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Trunk Bois

[close]
My favorite era of Elijah was when he tried to look like he was Hispanic.

LOL