Author Topic: Smartphone Filming  (Read 3987 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Smartphone Filming
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2021, 07:14:12 AM »
Is there a way to make a clip look less
Pixelated and blurry when zooming in on it to edit?

I tried to self film a clip and to get both tricks I had to have my phone pretty far away. Then in an app called clips I edited and zoomed in to Pan from one truck to the other but it’s super blurry when zoomed in. Is this something that can be fixed in the future or is this just how it goes?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:25:03 AM by Murge »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 08:41:34 AM »
that's just how it goes. When you zoom in to already recorded footage then you're just scaling up the pixels and lowering the quality
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2022, 05:53:40 PM »
Bump, was gonna start a new topic but glad this one exists.

Basically, I'm going to take filming more seriously this year, and wanted to ask what lens and iphone holder/gimbal you guys would recommend using.

The gimbal mentioned earlier seems to work well based on the footage I saw, but would appreciate any other ideas.

I'm not really going for a VX1000 look and I think the Death Lens might give off that look? Overall, is a Moment or Death Lens fisheye better?

Maybe it's also worth noting that I dislike how some current footage looks too "real" and clear if you know what I'm talking about.

I've got an iPhone 12 mini; should I upgrade to a 13? Or possibly 13 pro max?

WayneKerr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2022, 06:13:57 PM »
if you’re filming with an iPhone. its not serious
Dork tricks ain't nothing new, people just get internet likes for them now instead of being called a faggot like when I was a kid

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2022, 07:29:01 PM »
As seriously as I can I guess. It’s like @HyenaChaser said, nothing I do deserves more than an iPhone camera.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2022, 10:30:25 AM »
Been trying out mcpro24fps. £15.99 (or free if you side install it via Aptoide), much more control and much more stable than filmicpro. Also adds the ability to turn out ois on Android!!!! Major if you're an S10 user like myself.

https://www.mcpro24fps.com/

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2022, 07:48:59 PM »
Anyone use the actual Death Lens app? I bought it a few years back and used it just fine. I just got a Pro lens but the app is now showing a black screen with the controls overlaid. It worked on my old SE but I can't remember if I ever used it on my SE 2. The two most recent reviews (from late 2020) both were having trouble with the app. One said they were also getting a black screen and the other said the app was not working. Have they stopped updating?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2022, 09:24:06 PM »
Anyone use the actual Death Lens app? I bought it a few years back and used it just fine. I just got a Pro lens but the app is now showing a black screen with the controls overlaid. It worked on my old SE but I can't remember if I ever used it on my SE 2. The two most recent reviews (from late 2020) both were having trouble with the app. One said they were also getting a black screen and the other said the app was not working. Have they stopped updating?

I use it occasionally on a current model phone with the latest iOS, no issues. Checked it again just now and it opens and seems to run normally.

The only reason I use it is for the 4:3 option, but wish it was higher res. Anybody know of any other apps that can do 4:3?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2022, 09:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I use it occasionally on a current model phone with the latest iOS, no issues. Checked it again just now and it opens and seems to run normally.

The only reason I use it is for the 4:3 option, but wish it was higher res. Anybody know of any other apps that can do 4:3?
Thanks for the feedback. I took it to insta LAM so if they get back to me, I'll update the thread.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2022, 01:42:10 AM »
The iPhone clips I filmed were using the death lens app in HD, I work in telecommunications so I often upgrade devices regularly as I burn through them with the network testing and well general “she’ll be right” mentality when placing my phones on stuff…

As I said before, it’s a cool concept, the hardest part I found with filming iPhone fisheye is being able to film with something so light without shaking or moving it too quickly. Get you some weight if possible

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2022, 12:57:30 PM »
The iPhone clips I filmed were using the death lens app in HD, I work in telecommunications so I often upgrade devices regularly as I burn through them with the network testing and well general “she’ll be right” mentality when placing my phones on stuff…

As I said before, it’s a cool concept, the hardest part I found with filming iPhone fisheye is being able to film with something so light without shaking or moving it too quickly. Get you some weight if possible
That's interesting to hear that the app has been working for you. Never heard back when I asked on Insta. Maybe they just didn't make a version that runs on the SE g2? Or ported the 8 version without testing it?

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2022, 02:51:05 AM »
Should of also mentioned I filmed them a couple of years back now and stopped using that setup after upgrading to dedicated cameras again, so maybe it’s not a thing any more?

I know a couple of people who use apps like MAVIS and MoviePro to help get the best out of their footage on iPhone. MoviePro apparently has a good zoom toggle for long lense but personally haven’t tested it. Adjustable mic settings writhing third party apps is a godsend unless you’re running an external mic to get rid of the tinny sounds iPhone microphones are prone for.

Moment seem to be heavily invested in the phone game so it’s probably worth chatting with some of their team to see what could work too.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2022, 06:56:46 AM »
I use a Moment Anamorphic lens on an iPhone in addition to my standard camera setup, I like using it a lot.

Here's a vid of last year's Go Skateboarding Day in OKC. iPhone 11 Pro, Moment Anamorphic Gold Flare, and DJI Oslo Mobile 3 Gimbal

https://youtu.be/ReKCNh1GqrQ

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2022, 07:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's interesting to hear that the app has been working for you. Never heard back when I asked on Insta. Maybe they just didn't make a version that runs on the SE g2? Or ported the 8 version without testing it?
Got a response to my DM last week suggesting I try to redownload the app. I reinstalled and now it’s working again. I did notice I had to real allow some iOS permissions when I launched it the first time. If you were also getting a black screen through the app, give it another try because they may have updated the version you use too.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2022, 02:03:24 PM »
I use a Moment Anamorphic lens on an iPhone in addition to my standard camera setup, I like using it a lot.

Here's a vid of last year's Go Skateboarding Day in OKC. iPhone 11 Pro, Moment Anamorphic Gold Flare, and DJI Oslo Mobile 3 Gimbal

https://youtu.be/ReKCNh1GqrQ

Dude was this all iPhone minus the DJI? Either way this was way rad.  Do you export  / LumaFusion? Love seeing what people can do with these phones.  I always do little edits and stuff but rad to see you guys taking it more serious.  Got me stoked. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx