Author Topic: SOTY (Shoe Of The Year)  (Read 4638 times)

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
Re: SOTY (Shoe Of The Year)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2021, 10:59:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo! I know that guy.

Ipath designs with some better build quality…oh how I wish

Dr Hass

• Rep: 3

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2021, 12:10:51 AM »

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2021, 01:03:09 AM »
Sabo Lynx obviously.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2021, 04:41:22 AM »
crockett high
good come sausage

MikeX

• Rep: 7
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2021, 07:25:28 AM »
tried different shoes this year

#440 hi
#440 lo
es accel slim
half cab pro
half cab skate

half cab skate is the shoe that works best for me. firm collar. wide enough from heel to toe without a shitty taper near the anterior ankle (Reynolds 92 half cab skate is even wider and that much better). absolutely no strange shape pushing up into my arch for "support." Might not last as long as a new balance or nike cupsole, but they hold up far longer than the OG half cabs

Is there a difference in fit and shape between the regular skate halfcabs and the Reynolds skate halfcabs? I thought just the paneling was changed

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »
Expand Quote
tried different shoes this year

#440 hi
#440 lo
es accel slim
half cab pro
half cab skate

half cab skate is the shoe that works best for me. firm collar. wide enough from heel to toe without a shitty taper near the anterior ankle (Reynolds 92 half cab skate is even wider and that much better). absolutely no strange shape pushing up into my arch for "support." Might not last as long as a new balance or nike cupsole, but they hold up far longer than the OG half cabs
[close]

Is there a difference in fit and shape between the regular skate halfcabs and the Reynolds skate halfcabs? I thought just the paneling was changed

Its not listed as a different shoe, but the reynolds feel roomier than standard skate half cabs. It my feet in and felt like a supported slipper. I've got janky, swollen feet though. Just my experience. Another pal told me the Reynolds left their back feeling crummy.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2021, 07:59:41 PM »
Didn't really come out this year but skated these most of this year and they are one of the best shoes I've ever skated.

I feel like it's my duty to save people from this shoe.

They look like a bulky, protective shoe, but trust me when I say that they are anything but. The insole is thin, flat, cheap and offers no support whatsoever. It's a complete ripoff, as the cupsole itself is thin, hard and uncomfortable. I had a cheap pair of vulc DC's lying around, and was surprised to find proper impact insoles in them stock. I swapped with these and it felt better, but the shoes still didn't live up to it's price tag.

They might look attractive to people who want a more padded tongue, but they've somehow managed to make a thick seam on the inside that sticks down between the toe and tongue. It rubs against your foot, which pulls the tongue down to make it even more uncomfortable.

I also ripped laces at a rate of two per session, and although the suede itself holds up OK, I blew out seams in three areas within a couple sessions.

I bought these shoes on a whim at half price and wasn't expecting much, but I still feel ripped off. Don't do it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2021, 08:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Didn't really come out this year but skated these most of this year and they are one of the best shoes I've ever skated.

[close]

They look like a bulky, protective shoe, but trust me when I say that they are anything but. The insole is thin, flat, cheap and offers no support whatsoever. It's a complete ripoff, as the cupsole itself is thin, hard and uncomfortable. I had a cheap pair of vulc DC's lying around, and was surprised to find proper impact insoles in them stock. I swapped with these and it felt better, but the shoes still didn't live up to it's price tag.

They might look attractive to people who want a more padded tongue, but they've somehow managed to make a thick seam on the inside that sticks down between the toe and tongue. It rubs against your foot, which pulls the tongue down to make it even more uncomfortable.

I also ripped laces at a rate of two per session, and although the suede itself holds up OK, I blew out seams in three areas within a couple sessions.

I bought these shoes on a whim at half price and wasn't expecting much, but I still feel ripped off. Don't do it.
Do they have any midsole or are they that kind of hollow sectioned cupsole? All my DC's are from pre 2015 and have very thin insoles but don't need thick ones because the shoe itself has a unilite midsole. The 2013 lynx s doesn't have any midsole and has the same thin insoles but still feel pretty protective.(I thought these would just be the same) Ive thought about grabbing these a few times but maybe not now.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2021, 11:23:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bizarre review, guess we are all different.
I skated the dime ones, the legacy slims. White. Insole was paper thin, some es style bullshit.
But the shoe itself was good. Lasted plenty long, and was supportive. The midsole took care of the cushioning, which always feels like the better route (instead of cushioning via insoles). I thought the tie box was a little long. Never ripped a lace.
Maybe they made the shoe shittier after I had em? I sized up .5, and was good.
I’d gladly buy them again.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 439
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2021, 06:26:06 AM »

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2021, 09:05:14 AM »
NB 508 best performing shoe for me this year. It's insanely supportive for how functional it is as a skate shoe - high quality materials and the grip lasts long. Slight edge over the 440 because of better board feel.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 158
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2021, 11:49:00 AM »
Half cab skate

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »