Author Topic: How to perform Ollies in a quick succession  (Read 1078 times)

Nap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
How to perform Ollies in a quick succession
« on: December 09, 2020, 01:10:53 AM »
So I noticed that they always land the ollies smoothly with the backfoot on the tail, to avoid to set up for the next ollie or trick.
But for me it feels kinda hard to don't land a trick on the bolts, is this a thing to get out of habit or do I have to think like, that I want to land the ollie like an even out 'Ollie to Manual' ?

ca. 0:07

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDXmNQMqqY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: How to perform Ollies in a quick succession
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 02:52:12 PM »
If you find an empty carpark and then just do the smallest tail scrape ollies over the parking space lines, it is a good way to learn.

That and not trying to do the biggest tricks or ollies and just stay light on your feet.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »
I try to land into a very subtle manual and then force the front weels down while having already started to pull the front foot behind the front bolts. I start to pull the front foot as soon as i think that i cleared whatever i am trying to ollie. Lots of times and especially when ollieing up things, i hang up and eat shit. On very small heights, the ollie feels as if my front foot is kind of dead and the board is unlevelled and kept at a 30 degree angle. Watch people do this, you will notice the back weels always land first. I hope this makes sense and is helpful. Good luck!
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 03:09:16 AM »
This one takes some finesse and some muscle memory but it's fairly simple to learn. Quite fun, too :D

The key is to be comfortable with your ollies if you aren't already. If you are, you can begin by working on popping an ollie but instead of leveling out, pretend like you're gonna manual for half a sec as you land. You want your weight to be back but the board does the work in front of you.

Pop, slide up, DON'T level out fully (or almost at all, depending on the spot), land more on your tail (not hard, but just enough weight on it) in almost the same spot if possible, and then repeat in succession. This trick is heavy on the initial pop to get the height (if you need it) and finesse on the hang time/following set up.  You wanna get up and back down as quickly as possible to set up for the next ollie.

The suggestion with the parking lot lines is a fantastic way to get comfortable with the motion and the timing between each one.

Gear that can make this easier: mellower kicks on a board, lower trucks, and smaller wheels but you can still do it if you're not on any of these, it just takes slightly more force/time to do it, most likely.

You're probably already considering it, but watching something like it on YouTube (or somewhere to scrub the timeline) so you can focus on how they do it frame by frame will help a lot!
Good luck when you try it! :D
Super Champion Fun Zone