Author Topic: Tom Delonge Jenkem Interview  (Read 3645 times)

E

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Tom Delonge Jenkem Interview
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:35:22 AM »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
Re: Tom Delonge Jenkem Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 06:38:52 AM »
Nah, I don’t wanna hear his weird-mouth having voice in my yed.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:23:28 AM »
Agree with the comments - Fred Durst next Jenkem

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:25:04 AM »

;D

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 07:31:52 AM »
The interview 12 year old me would die for. Too bad they talked too much about fame (yeah, that's never been covered before) and too little about skating.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 07:41:37 AM »
what's my age again?

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 07:50:11 AM »
I would have liked more skateboard talk as well but from the pictures you could tell he actually skated. It wasn’t some Jonah Hill type of situation so that’s cool even though I was never a Blink fan. Respect.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 08:08:58 AM »
If they don’t even mention any of this, it confirms how fried Tom is

The company was founded in 2017 as a public benefit corporation by Jim Semivan, a former senior Intelligence Officer with the CIA; Harold E. Puthoff; and Tom DeLonge.[1][2] The Entertainment Division was created by acquiring DeLonge's previous media company called To the Stars, Inc.[2] The company is based in Las Vegas.[3]

In September 2017, the company began offering to the public $50 million worth of stock through a Regulation A+ equity crowdfunding campaign.[2][4] According to SEC filings, as of October 2018 only $1 million of those shares had been sold and the company had a $37.4 million deficit largely from a stock incentive plan for its employees, prompting Ars Technica and Vice to question the financial sustainability of the company.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »
yeah doesnt he think hes a cia opperative with sensitive info about aliens? dudes probably hella skitzo

free max b
FREE MAX B

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
I'm surprised at how sane and coherent that was!  I had actually forgotten it was Tom being interviewed and not Mark, until he mentioned Mark's name.
Also thought it was interesting that he described their earlier humor as "just trying to be funny on meth"  Was he admitting to smoking meth when he was younger? Did that lead to his....odd state of mind nowadays? Or to the decisions re: leaving the band, etc?  Or was "funny on meth" just a euphemism for odd humor?  Wild statement to just let pass, either way.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 10:09:10 AM »
Not enough about aliens.

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 11:59:50 AM »
Even now, in my thirties, I’m stoked on this. Was a massive Delonge fanboy when I was younger and Blink have always been my favourite band (until he left, I don’t listen to them now, it’s not the same).  Mad to see his name pop up on here. I thought he peaked when he got his UFO series on Nat Geo, but this just tops it  ;D

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 12:01:42 PM »
yeah doesnt he think hes a cia opperative with sensitive info about aliens? dudes probably hella skitzo

free max b

His Joe Rogan episode didn’t do him any favours that’s for sure

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 12:02:51 PM »
I'm surprised at how sane and coherent that was!  I had actually forgotten it was Tom being interviewed and not Mark, until he mentioned Mark's name.
Also thought it was interesting that he described their earlier humor as "just trying to be funny on meth"  Was he admitting to smoking meth when he was younger? Did that lead to his....odd state of mind nowadays? Or to the decisions re: leaving the band, etc?  Or was "funny on meth" just a euphemism for odd humor?  Wild statement to just let pass, either way.

The insta story had audio and in context it sounded like when people refer to "something on crack" or "something on steroids." Definitely didn't translate to print.

Really surprised it didn't drift into TTS/alien stuff, as it's all he ever wants to talk about anymore. It's interesting, but Tom's been a clickbaity weirdo for past few years.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
That's a no for me

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
i’m more of a Jello Biafra guy, myself

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 02:18:28 PM »
Ian Michna is transparent and vapid to the point of nausea. We were lured into the interview under the premise he would be the first interviewer with legit ties to skateboarding (tenuous as they may be) to have a genuine conversation about it. Unsupriseingly after a few basic questions the interview devolves into Michna satisfying his curiosity with Delonges celebrity. "Did you hook up with alot of girls at the time". Delonge is an idiot with his ufo bs but after reading that interview that starfucker Ian Michna comes off worse.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
i’m more of a Jello Biafra guy, myself

he absolutely cannot skate

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
The way he steps off his board at the start of this suggests that he pushes mongo.

*edit. I have watched this many times and thought this. **edit. I have watched this many times for Alyssa Milano
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Nicki

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 04:12:43 PM »
The way he steps off his board at the start of this suggests that he pushes mongo.

*edit. I have watched this many times and thought this. **edit. I have watched this many times for Alyssa Milano

Piss peddler for sure.

Jenkem: “I wanted to do this interview because I saw that you posted a picture of you skating, and I felt like that wasn’t talked about over the years”.

Awesome. Good journalism, Jenkem. Especially putting together all those photos and clips.......

(Ride Channel 8 years ago)

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 04:19:40 PM »
Ian Michna is transparent and vapid to the point of nausea. We were lured into the interview under the premise he would be the first interviewer with legit ties to skateboarding (tenuous as they may be) to have a genuine conversation about it. Unsupriseingly after a few basic questions the interview devolves into Michna satisfying his curiosity with Delonges celebrity. "Did you hook up with alot of girls at the time". Delonge is an idiot with his ufo bs but after reading that interview that starfucker Ian Michna comes off worse.
100% agree with this.  Jenkem has really gone to shit and is a now not but a step above other lame internet shit like remive

Skeeter

• Rep: 8
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 07:48:54 PM »

This is random but I was recently playing THPS 1+2 Remake, and there's an annoying ass Machine Gun Kelly song on the soundtrack I always skipped. Not only was the song lame, but he was trying his hardest to sing exactly like Tom Delonge's style and pronunciation.
We don't take kindly to scooter kids in these parts

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 08:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is random but I was recently playing THPS 1+2 Remake, and there's an annoying ass Machine Gun Kelly song on the soundtrack I always skipped. Not only was the song lame, but he was trying his hardest to sing exactly like Tom Delonge's style and pronunciation.

Travis plays drums on that record and produced it I think, haha.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »
Tigerbelly can't get Tom Delonge but Jenkem pulled it off. Good for them I guess but it sounds like they squandered the opportunity (I'm not gonna read an interview with this douche).