Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 3722 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: December 10, 2020, 08:41:56 PM »
Anyone else playing this? What life path? And cool side missions?? Spoiler free please..

I got it on pc and I'm having a great time. I heard about the bugs but nothing I experienced was too bad. Jackie closed the door of a car and it didn't make a sound. And his hands didn't move while driving even though the steering wheel did. Roaches on the ground came in and out of the floor.

Four hours in and haven't seen the title screen yet. But I'm taking my time.  Street kid with stealth and tech and so far its a fun build. Too early to review but I'm having a good time.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
Just fired it up tonight and made it through the first intro/combat tutorial. No major bugs either, a few textures dropping here and there, but I'm playing on an older model Xbox One so I don't know if I'm really who they designed this game for. I also think it's sick when people clip through walls and do weird shit, so again, probably not the market they're worried about.

Seems pretty cool so far, definitely like the integration of tech/stealth into what could just be a standard cover shooter. Will for sure sink some serious hours into it during what's inevitably going to be a weird lonely winter.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 11:34:41 PM »
Xbox Series X - Corpo, made my dude, 6Int, 6Tech, 1 Cool, rest at 3,  that's as far as I got; waiting until I have a few hour stretch to put into into it.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:37:05 AM »
Just finished up about the first hour. Picked the Nomad path. Glad I don't read hype comments for games because it's incredibly impressive. It feels like a very realistic future, the militarization of everything is crazy. The game feels creepy with it's realism. What little combat I've tried feels awesome. No major bugs either, just random quick texture pop in and outs. Playing on PC.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:57:08 AM »
Heard the game was filled with bugs, anyone know how it runs on PS4 Pro ?

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 03:49:55 AM »
I've been playing even though it's pretty janky, on my PS4 slim.
Chose streetkid or whatever. Apparently it doesn't change much who you choose.
Even though the graphics and performance are subpar, I'm still actually having a lot of fun. I'm sure when I get a PS5 I'll play it again.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 06:08:58 AM »
I pre-ordered this during the Black Friday 2019 sale, haha! I just cancelled my order yesterday after hearing about all the bugs. I'm going to hold off until I get the PS5 because I want the full experience on my first playthrough. I've seen videos of all the PS4 bugs, which may be overblown. I keep seeing stuff like this

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:17:48 AM by Cuban_Lynx »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 06:56:29 AM »
Playing on PS5 and it's running pretty good. Definitely get some minor texture drop outs every now and then and it crashed twice in about 8 hours of game time but the autosave works as it should and I didn't lose any progress.

As someone who played Fallout New Vegas on PS3 at launch this is all extremely minor and a non issue for me

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
PS4 vanilla. No big bugs but something about this game makes me motion sick. Tried fucking around in menys but nothing yet.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 01:45:35 PM »
PS4 vanilla. No big bugs but something about this game makes me motion sick. Tried fucking around in menys but nothing yet.

Hey @iKobrakai I'm on PS4 slim, I turned off all graphic options. Runs and looks quite a bit better. Also fuck around with the sensitivity.

Has anyone on any platform been getting right stick drift? My controller is new and does NOT do it on any other game. It's slight, but hope they fix it soon. Still having fun either way.

Edit: The new patch/update or whatever makes it a hundred times more playable. At least so far.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:36:40 PM by os89 »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey @iKobrakai I'm on PS4 slim, I turned off all graphic options. Runs and looks quite a bit better. Also fuck around with the sensitivity.

Has anyone on any platform been getting right stick drift? My controller is new and does NOT do it on any other game. It's slight, but hope they fix it soon. Still having fun either way.

Edit: The new patch/update or whatever makes it a hundred times more playable. At least so far.

Hey, man. A Friends Said something about Inner dead zone?

And will try.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 11:15:02 PM »
The game runs horribly and the writing is not good. Combat is feels like a weak Destiny clone on top of Watchdogs esque hacking (Quickhacks are the best part of the game imo).

I'm disappointed even though I didn't know the game was coming out til a week prior.

I'd hold off.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 01:28:08 AM »
Hearing that it's more of an action adventure than an rpg, too. Shame.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 02:27:32 AM »
Hearing that it's more of an action adventure than an rpg, too. Shame.

Join my church of Deus ex?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 07:27:14 AM »

Definitely turn off motion blur and that vintage filter, looks way better after

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 07:42:54 AM »
Playing on a Series X. Not sure if it’s my settings but the graphics are underwhelming compared to what was being shown on YouTube. Might just play some other stuff until more patches come out.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 07:52:09 AM »
Bugs and performance aside (those are all valid complaints) I don't think the complaints about strict gameplay and it being an action game are super valid. The thing is this game takes a super long time to open up, I mean you play the story for like 6 hours before you ever even see the title card. It takes a really long time before you can really put together any sort of a build that you can do anything different with and you have to actively save money and buy quickhacks and other mods for.

If that's not something you're into waiting around for I get it, just saying.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
There was an update yesterday for PS4 and there is a pretty noticeable bump in FPS. Definitely running smoother.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »
PS4 version is still a shit show with constant random crashes, would not recommend to get it right now.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 09:45:59 PM »
Big patch today for Xbox that’s making my game run way worse - choppy sound/cinematic and people’s teeth appearing and disappearing. Weirdly enough combat still seems to be fine.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2020, 10:17:34 PM »
love me some shadowrun

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2020, 04:50:31 AM »
nothing too gamebreaking on my Xbox One S yet, had a few cases where I can't draw a weapon or get out of a conversation but a reload of last save has generally sorted it . . .  Main gripe is the loading times between reloads.  I like to just smash into combat first time, then retry it to see how I could've done it different but the loading times are fucking balls

I've got a Series S ready for xmas, so I'm hoping it will look a bit better on that (and speed up the damn loading times)

(torn between giving up using pistols though, as they're fucking broken and am 1 shotting most stuff from stealth.  Was a happy accident that I didn't plan on, just wanted a stealthy build with handguns to get me out of trouble but having since seen how fucked the pistol damage multiplyers are I don't know if I can keep on easy mode)

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2020, 06:17:07 AM »
I really want to play this. I've played Skyrim into the ground (so I amnot a graphics snob) and love anything even close to BladeRunner. Has anyone played on a base Xbox One? The YouTube stuff I am seeing doesn't look terrible, but I'd like to hear an opinion from someone who isn't looking for view counts or pushing their channel for subs.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2020, 07:13:19 AM »
Went corpo, just got to the heist and stopped before starting it. On Xbox one and I feel the pain of the older gen consoles. Digging it just trying to play it when the kiddos are either asleep or not paying attention

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2020, 07:23:58 AM »
Went corpo, just got to the heist and stopped before starting it. On Xbox one and I feel the pain of the older gen consoles. Digging it just trying to play it when the kiddos are either asleep or not paying attention

What issues are you seeing? Is it just lower quality graphics?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2020, 07:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What issues are you seeing? Is it just lower quality graphics?
Graphics, few weird glitches that are probably happening to everyone but I’ve been stuck on dialog and had to restart and a few small things . It’s nothing to make it unplayable though

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »
Saw someone playing it on Twitch. It has my attention but the game does drag to get good, I watched the person start over as Corpo and they explained that the game has a slower start as you learn skills and stuff.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2020, 08:45:59 AM »
Saw someone playing it on Twitch. It has my attention but the game does drag to get good, I watched the person start over as Corpo and they explained that the game has a slower start as you learn skills and stuff.

Being a sci-fi cuck, I loved everything about the start, really Deus ex and Blade runner... Too bad it does not run...

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2020, 01:25:37 AM »
Digital Foundry made a video on improving the performance on pcs: