Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 3702 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2020, 06:14:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw someone playing it on Twitch. It has my attention but the game does drag to get good, I watched the person start over as Corpo and they explained that the game has a slower start as you learn skills and stuff.
[close]

Being a sci-fi cuck, I loved everything about the start, really Deus ex and Blade runner... Too bad it does not run...

Sadly but, the company supposedly saw income in a day. So they’ll probably take care of the bugs and stuff, while they’re is enough hype around. I know there’s a DLC they wanted to hold up on announcing.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 06:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw someone playing it on Twitch. It has my attention but the game does drag to get good, I watched the person start over as Corpo and they explained that the game has a slower start as you learn skills and stuff.
[close]

Being a sci-fi cuck, I loved everything about the start, really Deus ex and Blade runner... Too bad it does not run...
[close]

Sadly but, the company supposedly saw income in a day. So they’ll probably take care of the bugs and stuff, while they’re is enough hype around. I know there’s a DLC they wanted to hold up on announcing.
Seems like they are at least trying with the bugs, just started it up to another 15 gig update

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Seems like they are at least trying with the bugs, just started it up to another 15 gig update

Yeah they're gonna be on damage control big time the next few weeks, so much so that I fully expect them to delay that january DLC they were talking about unless it's really small. The quick patches are reassuring, though.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 11:29:42 AM »
It sickens me that CDPR took this "pro-consumer" role.. only to fuck us in the ass.

Their recent offer to help with refund is too little too late.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 11:43:54 AM »
It sickens me that CDPR took this "pro-consumer" role.. only to fuck us in the ass.

I mean you can't really get any better than giving out full refunds, I understand some people aren't going to trust them as a company going forward and that's completely justifiable but there's really nothing else they can do at this point to make it right aside from patch frequently and give refunds and they're doing both those things
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 12:00:08 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 12:11:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean you can't really get any better than giving out full refunds, I understand some people aren't going to trust them as a company going forward and that's completely justifiable but there's really nothing else they can do at this point to make it right aside from patch frequently and give refunds and they're doing both those things

Agreed. But... the management knew damn well what kind of shape the game was gonna be released in. Also, the reviews were PC exclusive, because they knew how bad current gen was. Really cold move. Not ok.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 01:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Agreed. But... the management knew damn well what kind of shape the game was gonna be released in. Also, the reviews were PC exclusive, because they knew how bad current gen was. Really cold move. Not ok.

100% agree, they put themselves into a corner where they really couldn't delay again even though the game wasn't ready and just cut it loose... all I'm saying is, they're releasing patches quick and offering a full refund so if you're unhappy why not just take the refund and go play through your backlog (which is huge if it's anything like mine) and come back in a few months once it's playable? (Or don't and spend your refund on something else). If that's not good enough for you then lesson learned, you got your money back and know not to buy a CDPR game next time.

It sucks but we see this with Bethesda and EA and countless other big devs that try to make a game on this scale, at some point the shareholders override the developers and it gets put out half-baked. Honestly Rockstar is the only studio I can see that can put out a game on this scale that's mostly playable at launch and even they screw things up and have problems with their online stuff.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 07:47:59 PM »
For some reason, I'll wait with my physical copy.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2020, 08:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah they're gonna be on damage control big time the next few weeks, so much so that I fully expect them to delay that january DLC they were talking about unless it's really small. The quick patches are reassuring, though.

...or they give it out for free
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

...or they give it out for free

The DLC was always going to be free, they announced that a while back, but the point I'm trying to make is I don't see how you can actively work on DLC when the game barely functions as it should and people are asking for refunds. I 100% expect it to get delayed while they focus on patches because obviously the game is going to need quite a few of them.

Also, now they're walking back this refund thing and saying it has to fall within platform guidelines which is some bullshit because Sony and Microsoft are notoriously narrow with what they'll give refunds on. Hope they get it squared away. https://kotaku.com/cd-projekt-red-clears-up-misconceptions-says-no-speci-1845886880

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2020, 03:46:31 AM »
I picked it up and played around 10 hours in the past 2 days on a base XBox One. Very few graphical issues and only 2 all out crashes. Maybe I played Skyrim for so long that my bar is set really low and I can tolerate horrible graphics and wonky AI?

Leveling of gigs, side jobs, and gang-related street crime is the main thing that is annoying.

The little thing that is bothering me is the rendering of hair. It's so bad I went with a shaved head.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2020, 11:21:19 AM »
picked it up on PC, it looks really fucking good. Only spent 45 minutes on it so far but I’m going to no life the shit out of it today.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2020, 11:39:07 AM »
I picked it up and played around 10 hours in the past 2 days on a base XBox One. Very few graphical issues and only 2 all out crashes. Maybe I played Skyrim for so long that my bar is set really low and I can tolerate horrible graphics and wonky AI?

Leveling of gigs, side jobs, and gang-related street crime is the main thing that is annoying.

The little thing that is bothering me is the rendering of hair. It's so bad I went with a shaved head.

Yeah this is kind of annoying me. When picking quests it's easy to avoid High threat levels but when you're doing some spontaneous shit on the street you can't really tell unless you scan the enemies so it's easy to get in over your head.

Also these quests for the boxing are annoying as shit, I did the second one last night and the guy had way too much health and was just one-shotting me over and over. Not to mention they can be like 5 feet a way and still connect somehow, not sure if it's a hitbox issue or what but it sucks. Best bet is to just assume they're going to hit you no matter how far they are and block or parry.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:55:42 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Ilya Oblomov

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2020, 07:18:43 PM »
But even when you scan the enemies there is not reason my guy with a 6 Street Cred (I know, I know...pathetic) should be running into a gang of Tygers with 27+ Street Cred. Makes no sense and kinda fucks it up when starting out.

I got through the first phase w/out realizing I was going to get smoked and start the Keanu Reaves portion of the story. Tomorrow I'm going to start a new game and chill on the narrative quest. I think I should be way higher level when I get posessed by Keanu. Shit, the game should freeze you out of finishing the main narrative until you are at a muhc higher level. Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have the leveling AI be more intelligent.

I still think this game is great and am looking forward to the next patch. I heard it is due on 12/21. Que the Bobby Puleo number conspiracies.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2020, 08:35:14 PM »
I know this game runs and looks like shit on PS4, but if you still are playing it on there definitely do this.

Turn the video output setting on the PS4 to 720p, also turn all the graphic effects off in the game. It is then somewhat playable. Makes driving much better.

Still looks like ass though and crashes and gltiches. You definitely gain some fps though. 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2020, 03:05:22 AM »
The loops one has to jump to play a (still) broken game..

Ilya Oblomov

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2020, 04:09:25 AM »
There's a 15.0 GB patch staring at me this morning.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2020, 05:24:22 AM »
There's a 15.0 GB patch staring at me this morning.

Vse ravno hujnja...

Still looks like shit on base PS4. Some bugs are gone, but other bugs added..

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2020, 06:35:32 AM »
I am real suss on the awful ai and pedestrians and cars just disappearing once you’re not looking at them. I don’t know heaps about programming but I am fairly sure they’ve build the game this way, can’t patch that shit man

That deus ex game was the business back in the day, the one with jc denton
listen to cosmic psychos

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2020, 06:36:34 AM »
If you guys had this game under the Xmas tree like I do (PS4) would you return it or hold out for a patch?   I probably wouldn’t play it for a bit anyways...

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2020, 07:55:55 AM »
Only played about 40 minutes between patches. Blows, wait or return.

I am real suss on the awful ai and pedestrians and cars just disappearing once you’re not looking at them. I don’t know heaps about programming but I am fairly sure they’ve build the game this way, can’t patch that shit man

That deus ex game was the business back in the day, the one with jc denton

As far as I understand, that was how Horizon, Zero Dawn was build to look that amazing. They only loaded where the game thought you'd look.

Mesteezo

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
Apparently as soon as your save file hits 8 Mb in size, your save will be corrupted and not recoverable. This is mostly happening to people that are crafting but still, watch out yo.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2020, 09:55:55 PM »
Is it worth buying on PC?  Kinda interested but it's getting fuckin' slayed out there

Mesteezo

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2020, 12:33:39 AM »
Is it worth buying on PC?  Kinda interested but it's getting fuckin' slayed out there

I think it’s worth buying if you have good enough hardware and want to play a game with nice eye candy. Newest patch makes it run a lot smooth for me with 60+ FPS at ultra rtx settings but I have a ryzen 3600 and an rtx 3060 ti. I don’t think it’s a ground breaking game by any means but it is a solid 8 stars. I’m definitely having fun sinking time into this game, but it does get a bit repetitive.  Yeah it has it’s fair share of bugs and the latest patch makes me crash around an hour or 2 of playing, but it’s still playable. Having said this, I predict the game will be a lot different than the current state by the end of next year. It was clearly rushed.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2020, 01:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it’s worth buying if you have good enough hardware and want to play a game with nice eye candy. Newest patch makes it run a lot smooth for me with 60+ FPS at ultra rtx settings but I have a ryzen 3600 and an rtx 3060 ti. I don’t think it’s a ground breaking game by any means but it is a solid 8 stars. I’m definitely having fun sinking time into this game, but it does get a bit repetitive.  Yeah it has it’s fair share of bugs and the latest patch makes me crash around an hour or 2 of playing, but it’s still playable. Having said this, I predict the game will be a lot different than the current state by the end of next year. It was clearly rushed.

Thanks, yeah I should just wait it out I think.  I have a 3900x with a 2070 Super, so should go alright at 1080p i'd imagine.   Kinda keen on a new open world game, but do have Witcher 3 that i've never loaded up so might just do that.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2020, 03:44:41 PM »
So glad I didn't buy this.

Ilya Oblomov

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2020, 06:16:15 PM »
Probably have 20 hours on my base Xbox One.
  • Minimal crashes (5 or so total) and only a few glitches where the game freezes/unfreezes for a few seconds.
  • Seeing a number of item indicators but no items.
  • Graphics are a ton better after the second patch.
Other than that there's nothing I think is worth being upset over. Feel good about being a cheap SOB and sticking with my old console instead of upgrading to a gaming PC.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
Their best option before release was to delay the console versions and release on PC to hype up how solid the game actually is. It's not perfect on there either but at least it resembles something that can be polished. This way they can get some returns for their investors and also not burn bridges with the huge console market as CDPR fans would actually back this move for the most part.

How things actually went down, I don't think they can ever fully recover from.

Mesteezo

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2020, 01:33:28 PM »
So I dumped 60 hours into this over the past week, beat the game, and got 75% achievements. I still think it's an 8/10 game at best, and it gets pretty boring quick. Katana just wreaks shit and turns the game into a hack n slash. Now to continue on with my life and not touch this game again until it gets significantly polished.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2022, 04:23:24 PM »
Old bump. I’ve watched the first few episodes of the anime on Netflix, and so far I’m liking it.