Author Topic: Different Versions of Videos  (Read 7506 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Different Versions of Videos
« on: December 13, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »
Thought It'd be interesting to start a thread on different versions of skate videos over the years, from different tricks to different songs from the premiere version.

Anybody know what was up with the Eriik Ellington part in the Ride Channel upload of video? The intro is almost completely different and the "getting fucked up tonight" has been removed as well.

What version of Yeah Right did you grow up with?

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
Re: Different Versions of Videos
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 04:54:58 PM »

I was kinda surprised when I heard The Spinanes song wasn’t the original song used for this part as well as the fact that Jason Dill hates that version of this part. I personally think Kid in Candy still goes perfect but to each their own.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »
I just wrote a blog post about 'Premiere Edits' a couple days ago.
http://warmupzone.com/2020/12/11/habitat-alternate-edit/

I wrote it based on the alternate edit of the Habitat section in Photosynthesis:
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 05:53:22 PM »
H-Street not the new H-Street video

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 05:58:47 PM »
I remember Birdhouse The End version I had, Willy santos skated to warren G and Nate Dogg Regulate and Reynolds second song was Portishead. But there’s alternate versions where I think Reynolds second song is dj shadow, and Willy has a diff song altogether.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »
grew up with the version of Yeah Right with Gino skating to David Bowie and I like that one way more

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »
grew up with the version of Yeah Right with Gino skating to David Bowie and I like that one way more

instead of GNR? really?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:18 PM »
I vaugely remember a version of heath's sight unseen part that was edited to a different song.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »
I remember Birdhouse The End version I had, Willy santos skated to warren G and Nate Dogg Regulate and Reynolds second song was Portishead. But there’s alternate versions where I think Reynolds second song is dj shadow, and Willy has a diff song altogether.

Correct, and the more obvious change it was Queen/Bowie removed, that broke my heart.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 06:53:00 PM »
Kerry Getz skates to that Love song from Skate More in the premiere version of Mosaic I downloaded from Limewire back in the day. There’s also a separate Ted De Gros part, where he skates to The Sea And Cake.

I think the DVD version of Baker Has A Deathwish is different from the version that leaked, which I believe was done intentionally.

There’s an edit of Heath Kirchart’s Sight Unseen part floating around the internet, pre-YouTube days, that was set to “Wish You Were Here.” I’d love to see it again.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Brguy

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
There's also the premiere version o Greco's part.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
I always thought Greco was supposed to skate to a different Queen song. If you look in the Baker 3 credits, you can make out what it says behind the blur and it doesn’t look like Bohemian Rhapsody.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2020, 07:32:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct, and the more obvious change it was Queen/Bowie removed, that broke my heart.

That happened with One Step Beyond as well. I think it had something to do with Redline taking over the distribution of alot of those skate videos. For some reason they couldn't or didn't want to pay for the licensing for the DVD versions so we either get a generic rock song or something on par with what was in the original part I guess.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2020, 07:45:29 PM »

Just realized the fake spots in here too ahaha got to love it!
Also, I grew up watching the alternate version on Yeah Right. It was one of my first skate videos and I never knew it was a different version of the original.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Just realized the fake spots in here too ahaha got to love it!
Also, I grew up watching the alternate version on Yeah Right. It was one of my first skate videos and I never knew it was a different version of the original.

I'm so much happier the DVD version had the Johnny Thunders song. This just seems like a corny fan re-edit.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 09:12:42 PM »
Jose rojo part in oververt was to this is how we do it by montel Jordan at the prem but I don’t think they could clear it so it’s a instrumental on the dvd

bataaard

• Rep: 42
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 02:02:19 AM »
what comes to my mind are the VHS and DVD versions of pj ladd's wonderful horrible life with different music and trick selection. Ryan Gallant's part is so different.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 03:34:23 AM »
Where were you all watching this alternate version of Yeah Right? The DVD I had had a bunch of alternate edits in the extras but the main video was the same as the VHS

Been trying to track down a decent quality version of original Firm - Can't Stop. The one I've got has Rodrigo TX skating to an off-brand version of his original song in his first part, and one of the parts just looks like this

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 06:31:08 AM »
Where were you all watching this alternate version of Yeah Right? The DVD I had had a bunch of alternate edits in the extras but the main video was the same as the VHS

Been trying to track down a decent quality version of original Firm - Can't Stop. The one I've got has Rodrigo TX skating to an off-brand version of his original song in his first part, and one of the parts just looks like this

There's two version's of the Yeah Right! Dvd. One version has the title in green letters and has the same music as the video. Another version has the title in white letters and has the different music. Not truly sure which was first but I believe it was the one with the white lettering. I think the white lettering one has more bonus content than the green lettering one as well

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 06:43:38 AM »
I've never been able to find this but I was told by a filmer in the Workshop organization that there was an alternate version of Kalis' Photosynthesis part that is way more crazy Workshop edit. He said its hidden deep on YouTube.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 08:08:10 AM »
I always thought Greco was supposed to skate to a different Queen song. If you look in the Baker 3 credits, you can make out what it says behind the blur and it doesn’t look like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Pretty sure it was this one and it fits the part really well.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »
This post made me find this gem (not Bowie or Guns)

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »
The first one to pop in my head is Plan B Revolution.
At the premier, there was a full Rodney Mullen part.
Then by the time it came out on tape, Plan B was no longer with Dwindle and his part was removed and the whole intro was changed.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike Carroll does the commentary on the DVD and said something along the lines, “Gino wanted that cover girls song, but we couldn’t get the rights” or something..

Still itching to see the premier version of Free Your Mind.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 08:35:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That happened with One Step Beyond as well. I think it had something to do with Redline taking over the distribution of alot of those skate videos. For some reason they couldn't or didn't want to pay for the licensing for the DVD versions so we either get a generic rock song or something on par with what was in the original part I guess.
This is what happened ^ Basically if you bought your skate DVD from BestBuy or Virgin Megastore or something like that, you got the major distribution version with music rights revised. 

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »
Krooked 3D. I think I only watched it once. The 2D edit many more times. Aside from not being novelty has better music and just a better flowing video to watch from what I remember

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2554
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2020, 08:46:45 AM »
Reynolds second song was Portishead. But there’s alternate versions where I think Reynolds second song is dj shadow, and Willy has a diff song altogether.

I only know the version where the first song is Undenied by Portishead and the second song is Organ Donor by DJ Shadow...

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wow this is perfect

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Reynolds second song was Portishead. But there’s alternate versions where I think Reynolds second song is dj shadow, and Willy has a diff song altogether.
[close]

I only know the version where the first song is Undenied by Portishead and the second song is Organ Donor by DJ Shadow...

Ahhh the version I was thinking of was just Portishead, so whenever I hear Organ Donor come in it throws me off.

Definitely one of those different versions for VHS and DVD situations.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
at the premiere of gx's roll up they used a marvin gaye song in the intro and i'm pretty sure the vhs version as well

blake carpenter skated to leonard cohen in the premiere version of trust fall