Author Topic: Adidas Vs Nike SB shoes (fit, quality, etc.)  (Read 3802 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
Adidas Vs Nike SB shoes (fit, quality, etc.)
« on: December 15, 2020, 12:30:14 PM »
I'm a big fan of Adidas historically. Skated in the superstars and wore the gazelles and campus a lot. Anyway, really prefer the look of their shoes over the years but unfortunately my feet do not agree with their fits on most shoes. I have some of the 3ST.004's and those are the exception thus far. Busenitz Pro fit me O-K but not great. And the Busenitz vulc hurt my heels/ ankles really bad, which was extremely disappointing. Also I have had to lace up Adidas all the way (I have always left the top holes open on my skate shoes but cannot with Adidas, or I get the heel slip). Also, shred the vulcs super fast also. Anyway, got some of the Nike SB Team Classics and they fit me perfectly and I can not lace the top hole, which I prefer. Probably going to go with some more SB from here, but its a bummer as , again still prefer the look of Adidas. Anyone else deal(ing) with this between the two?)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Adidas Vs Nike SB shoes (fit, quality, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 12:45:46 PM »
i'm boycotting these brands as of now, but skated them a bunch over the years.

adidas always fit me like crap. i must have the wrong kind of foot. i also dislike their soles. they are slippy. all their shoes feel nice at first, but after wearing them for two hours i get cramps. no idea what's up with that. it happened in pretty much every pair i had.

nike sb fits me pretty narrow, but much better than adidas. i like the insoles better and find the soles to be more grippy. i can skate dunks and blazers just fine without too much foot fatigue. they hold up alright as well. koston 1 pro model and the revised omars were pretty good as well.

so if i had to choose to recommend i'd be firmly in the nike camp.

sidenote about cons, i don't like em, imo less durable than nike, fit worse, worse quality than nike or adidas imo, bag out fast. one stars cut my heels bloody and i'll never forgive them. i have some old regular converse pro leather that i skate from time to time, those are dope and like twenty times better than any cons shoe i ever had after trapasso 1s, which were the best cons skate shoe i ever had. would have tried the weapons at the time if i'd got my hands on them tho.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
i'm boycotting these brands as of now, but skated them a bunch over the years.

adidas always fit me like crap. i must have the wrong kind of foot. i also dislike their soles. they are slippy. all their shoes feel nice at first, but after wearing them for two hours i get cramps. no idea what's up with that. it happened in pretty much every pair i had.

nike sb fits me pretty narrow, but much better than adidas. i like the insoles better and find the soles to be more grippy. i can skate dunks and blazers just fine without too much foot fatigue. they hold up alright as well. koston 1 pro model and the revised omars were pretty good as well.

so if i had to choose to recommend i'd be firmly in the nike camp.

sidenote about cons, i don't like em, imo less durable than nike, fit worse, worse quality than nike or adidas imo, bag out fast. one stars cut my heels bloody and i'll never forgive them. i have some old regular converse pro leather that i skate from time to time, those are dope and like twenty times better than any cons shoe i ever had after trapasso 1s, which were the best cons skate shoe i ever had. would have tried the weapons at the time if i'd got my hands on them tho.

Tried to make the switch from vulcs (skating mostly Vans vulcanized shoes since like 2005ish) with the Busenitz and I cannot believe how slippery they are (even the gum soles). Also, the high heel / thin forefoot fucking sucks. I got hurt a bunch of times in those, which is my own dumbass fault. Fuck those shoes. They do look great though.

Currently have a pair of dunks in rotation and while they are amazing to skate, in they're way too bulky for my personal style. I've also had two pairs of Blazers, and while they were both way more durable than my Vans they aren't nearly as comfortable or supportive.

Honestly, the best cup I've skated are the NB# 440s. They're supportive, grippy, durable, have great board feel. Not too bulky or anything, either.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 01:14:09 PM »
Addidas are too narrow, I did however like their Seeley, it was like a basic vans chima 1 type of show

I like dunks but the jaboskis are too narrow for me too. I'm kinda fucked because I have a bit of arch and wide Hobbit feet. It seems like most shotmes are like vans , wide and flat, or like addidas narrow w big arch

Bring back the emerica Herman G6 or Reynolds under a different name (they did with the vulc not not cupsole)
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »
I usually find that the Nike’s fit me better than the Adidas. I like the Busenitz and the Superstar ADV but other than that I haven’t had a lot of luck with Adidas. I used to love skating the Dunk low and Koston and Omar’s first couple shoes but since Dunks are just a marketing tool and the other two are discontinued I just went back to the trusty ol’ Halfcab pro.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
I’ll preface this by saying I’ve skated much more in Nike than adidas, but I can say that adidas for me seems to have a tighter toe box, but wider overall fit. Nike gives me enough toe room to feel locked in but not cramped and they fit my narrower feet snuggly which skated a lot better for me. I’d say you won’t go wrong either way. Definitely want to try them on and figure out which fits your foot better.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »
I definitely need that snug elastic tongue that Nike has. My bad tendons love it

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »
I have given both a shot, but side with Nike. I used to be "core shoe companies only" until I got an ollie hole in a pair of Lakai's after a week of skating as a broke college student.

Adidas Busenitz Vulc was the biggest disappointment for me in all my time skating. I was so excited to try them out but the fit was bad and they fell apart quick... I almost never tried adidas again, but since then I have skated in some leather seeley's. They looked good but had no support of any kind and my feet/ankles paid for it.

I have had negative experiences with SB too but none quite so bad. I did not like a pair of early GT blazer lows I tried for reasons I couldn't put my finger on... they just didn't feel right or skate well. It seems they have done lots of tinkering with that shoe though so I'm sure it's better than it was. The koston hypervulc was good but the sole blew out quickly for me, and I don't know if those are still sold.

Since then I've skated Blazer Mids, Bruins, and Dunks hi's/lows and loved them all. I could skate any of these models for the rest of my time skating and my feet would be happy, but tbh I think Jordan 1's are the ultimate skate shoe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:23:59 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »
Nike (and DC) fit me better - I find most Adidas to be a bit narrow (except the Puig and 3ST.003) and feel that their build quality is lacking and, like mentioned above, a bit slippier (moreso on the Puig's with white soles vs. gum); Busenitz, skate 4-5 pair until I realized I hated the fucking lift in the heels.

Nike feel a bit more like a 'sneaker' where adidas feel more like 'skate shoes' (Circa, Globe, emerica, etc.), hard to spell out but skate shoes have always felt as tho they are built with slightly lower grade materials, potentially for the break in and board feel.

P-Rod 5, DC Mike Mo, DC Smith (OG Mids), Vans Rowan, slip on pros have fit me the best.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »
adidas busenitz pro heel raise fucked up my feet for so long. Also had the most terrible rolled ankles in them

i started skating in those shoes, and re-bought them multiple times so I thought skating always hurt ur feet until i tried different shoes.

fuck they are one good looking shoe tho and I love that collar thing around the heel. i see other ppl wear them and i am mad envious they are able to skate them without pain

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 11:01:25 PM »
Nike does fit and overall quality better in my opinion.
Adidas does concept and design better than ^ above.

Busenitz vulc = okay but so fkin thin. Seelys, not bad. Got good life out of such a basic shoe. Didn't skate or feel the  best but it worked. Match courts. Worst fucking shoe to exist from Adidas. I regret spending money on the couple pairs I wanted to try, even the Snoop x Gonz one I found at Nordstrom Rack.
That shoe was thin, uncomfortable, instep arch was annoying, toe cap seemed great but never broke in like CK or CTAS pro did for me. Just awful to skate in but others made them look cool.
Adidas fit awkwardly sometimes: like way too much instep arch, stupid raised heel in busenitz (cup) and a little bit on 3st.004 (not as bad though, narrow in weird spots, or bag out super fast once you break them in. 3MC is another vote for one of the worst shoes to exist.

Dunks, Blazer Mids, AF2, Bruins, all feel like they are made to hold your foot in as you skate them! Almost every Nike I've tried on fits pretty well and feels good (aside from sole cushioning). All Nikes pretty much need an insole swap (Adidas too) in my opinion. Dunks you can get away without doing it but I still swap. Blazer Mids have given me comfortable fit, protection, and amazing flick. They also last pretty long with the right care.
One of the worst Nike shoes is the Janoski (sorry Stefan!) and to put it bluntly, they just suck. That's a $55 shoe sold for $85+. Disgusting. They blow out fast, no sole cushioning, super thin upper/no padding, outsole doesn't last either. They look weird, too.

Nike > Adidas
Super Champion Fun Zone

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 01:13:42 AM »
For me, Nikes fit too narrow and blow out way too fast compared to Adidas. I've gone through Blazers in less than 5 sessions few times, yet some adidas models i can skate everyday for weeks and they look still new. Never liked looking at three stripes though. Minimal branding for me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »
Adidas fit awkwardly sometimes: like way too much instep arch, stupid raised heel in busenitz (cup) and a little bit on 3st.004 (not as bad though, narrow in weird spots, or bag out super fast once you break them in. 3MC is another vote for one of the worst shoes to exist.

Me too. Why are so many shoes so damn narrow? So many times where a 10 was too small and then a 10.5 had my heels slipping out no matter what I did. Happened more than once with different models. Adidas haven't fit me properly since the first run of Campus Vulcs. After that the sizing and fit changed, which did not work for me.

i feel you guys. adidas clamp my foot in places i didn't know was possible. it's really weird. at the same time, even when they seem to be too small, they won't stay on my feet and my heel will slip out. the raised heel with a very low cut silhouette most the time is the worst about the fit, i don't get that. the arch is also very exaggerated. i often feel like i don't stand or walk naturally in any adidas shoe because there is always some weird pinch.

i found tjs and 3st 004s pretty comfortable when i tried them on, but my trust in adidas was kinda dead by then.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 07:03:01 AM »
Apart from the general opinion that Adidas has a wider toe box, Adiddas Alohas and Copas are way to wide for me, I loose all board feel. Busenitz fits, but the angled sole is too much for me. But I love the Lucas Premiere, could skate just that shoe without any problems... 3MCs fit as well, but they are gone after 2-3 weeks, which is annoying. Liberty Cups fit perfect but have a THICK sole.

All Nikes I tried fit my feet better, that means Blazers, especially Blazer Mids and Dunks. After an injury at my ankle I got a problem with low Blazers, as their heel padding hurts my Achilles tendon and it wont go away for like 30 minutes. Gonna sell the stock I built during sale season...

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 07:43:15 AM »
I think you need like super dainty ballerina feet to wear Nike SB. Even if I see a pair I like, I try it on and oof

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 09:03:22 AM »
Apart from the general opinion that Adidas has a wider toe box, Adiddas Alohas and Copas are way to wide for me, I loose all board feel. Busenitz fits, but the angled sole is too much for me. But I love the Lucas Premiere, could skate just that shoe without any problems... 3MCs fit as well, but they are gone after 2-3 weeks, which is annoying. Liberty Cups fit perfect but have a THICK sole.

All Nikes I tried fit my feet better, that means Blazers, especially Blazer Mids and Dunks. After an injury at my ankle I got a problem with low Blazers, as their heel padding hurts my Achilles tendon and it wont go away for like 30 minutes. Gonna sell the stock I built during sale season...

Where in the world do you find Alohas?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 09:17:54 AM »
nike

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 11:16:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ships from germany, but still a full sizerun of the new brown ones here:

https://www.lobby-skateshop.de/produkt/adidas-mark-gonzales-aloha-super-stbark-stbark-vappnk/

foureyedjim

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »
Adidas fit more consistently for me.  Anything Nike or cons have certain shoes you have to size down which is annoying.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 06:00:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah they were kind of easy to get in Germany for a minute. Really wanted to love 'em, as well as I did with Copas, because they look sick, but way to wide/slidey...