Author Topic: Experience with flipping stuff on E-bay?  (Read 742 times)

Themanwiththeplan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -47
Experience with flipping stuff on E-bay?
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:44:54 AM »
Anybody have any experience making profit off selling stuff on E-bay. I'm looking for a good side hustle to bring in some cash. Suggest anything you know that sells quick or can be bought for low and sold for high.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Experience with flipping stuff on E-bay?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 06:34:35 AM »
Username checks out

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 08:08:50 AM »
Anybody have any experience making profit off selling stuff on E-bay. I'm looking for a good side hustle to bring in some cash. Suggest anything you know that sells quick or can be bought for low and sold for high.

pc parts

mountain bikes if local

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 08:36:12 AM »
Thrift stores usually have something good. Vintage clothing is an easy option and depending on where you live theres usually places that will buy them outright, or you could go the Jim Greco route and sell your size 36 pants online at a crazy price.

I always have good luck with lamps too, as long as they work and are a set you can usually sell those pretty quickly. I deal mostly with craigslist and Facebook marketplace for stuff like that.

You don't aren't going to be making a fortune doing this stuff though usually just a few extra bucks for when I'm bored.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 11:38:48 AM »
Save yourself the headache and start an onlyfans, patreon, chatterbate and go fund me.

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 01:33:24 PM »
Ebay can be a hassle to sell on. The shipping and ebay/paypal fees really take a chunk out of your profit margins. I repair/sell home and car audio electronics on the side and usually come out ahead selling items for slightly less locally than online and you don't have to worry about scammers either. FB marketplace, Craigslist, Offer Up, and Let go is the way to go for general items. I only sell on ebay if the item is highly sought after or rare.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
craigslist. I don't usually buy stuff for the sake of selling it, but because I want it and it has a decent resale value. I'll buy stuff on the low, use it for a while, and sell it on craigslist a while later, usually for a short profit. I actually bought brand new clothes this year, but I usually only buy used shit. I think the biggest thing is to not buy junk
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 08:23:56 PM »
The problem with "get rich quick" schemes is almost always they end in someone being ripped off.

If I sound old and boring, maybe I am, but how would you feel if you were on the other end of a scam or got ripped off?

I think the most common one at the moment is the old fake product claimed as legit.

Ebay is very much a buyers market, so unless you either have something amazing that everyone wants, or something very specific that gets two or more crazy bidders, you are not going to make much from there any time soon.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 09:06:03 PM »
Why are you taking this thread seriously?   There’s no secret to making a bunch of money with little to no effort unless you have a great stock tip or something to that effect. 

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2020, 01:25:20 AM »
this man has a plan

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2020, 03:52:34 AM »
I flip music equipment. Sometimes clothes on Depop. People buy weird stuff on there like old Puma tank tops you can get for $1 in secondhand clothing stores. I don't get it.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »
this man has a plan to get banned

I flip music equipment. Sometimes clothes on Depop. People buy weird stuff on there like old Puma tank tops you can get for $1 in secondhand clothing stores. I don't get it.
If you live close to a goodwill bulk bin store, you can make it work just of old shirts alone. I'd find so much tec mtn gear in the front range bins, but now that I'm back east, it's completely different