Author Topic: WTB Bones Swiss or something else  (Read 740 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
WTB Bones Swiss or something else
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:43:46 PM »
Anyone got some fresh Bones Swiss? Any other bearings? after a long run, mine are done.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Frank and Fred

Re: WTB Bones Swiss or something else
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
Old skull skateboards still has Bones swiss at a reasonable price. Get them now as those shits are getting spendier and spendier.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 10:43:40 AM »
Old skull skateboards still has Bones swiss at a reasonable price. Get them now as those shits are getting spendier and spendier.

good looking out. I can't justify spending $70 at the local.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »
What country are you in?

I thought the average price in the US was about $50, average for me here in Australia is about $80 to $100, then it varies in other places, but there are more and more fake swiss bearings hitting the market, so if anyone is selling them cheaply, chances are they are not the real deal.

If you cannot afford Bones swiss, then super reds are probably going to be the best option in the cheaper range.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
They are going up in the US due to Covid supply issues.. I like Bones 6 Ball. Those are now well over $60 in most shops. I just heard they are going up again, closer to $70 and possibly above. Found some at Old Skull for $50 (even with $5 shipping that was still a big saving). Not sure I can do a $70 bearing either... should have ordered two sets...

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 03:49:56 PM »
@ Frank and Fred- I also ended up ordering a 6ball set from Old Skull. They should last me a long time, so it's more than good enough for now.

@Mbrimson88- I'm in the States but where I live in California, where taxes are high anyways, the city tax is 9%, on top of being an isolated rural area where just about any product, excluding weed and LSD which are less expensive here than anywhere else, possibly in the world, is considerably more expensive than anywhere else in the continental United States. I try to buy everything local and/or 2nd hand, but the other day, with tax, a set of Bones 56mm STF 99A wheels cost me $49.

It's just pretty crazy how fast the price of all sorts of stuff has gone up with Trumps tariffs. Covid might be part of it, but I was talking to a dude who makes and jars pepper sauce and he was telling me that due to tariffs, his cost for bottles has gone up 25% in less than a year. It's fucked up.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 04:47:54 PM »
@ Frank and Fred- I also ended up ordering a 6ball set from Old Skull. They should last me a long time, so it's more than good enough for now.

@Mbrimson88- I'm in the States but where I live in California, where taxes are high anyways, the city tax is 9%, on top of being an isolated rural area where just about any product, excluding weed and LSD which are less expensive here than anywhere else, possibly in the world, is considerably more expensive than anywhere else in the continental United States. I try to buy everything local and/or 2nd hand, but the other day, with tax, a set of Bones 56mm STF 99A wheels cost me $49.

It's just pretty crazy how fast the price of all sorts of stuff has gone up with Trumps tariffs. Covid might be part of it, but I was talking to a dude who makes and jars pepper sauce and he was telling me that due to tariffs, his cost for bottles has gone up 25% in less than a year. It's fucked up.

Definitely get it.

Wholesale skate product prices have gone up a lot too, but I feel for you there with no way around taxes and tariffs.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 07:42:53 PM »

My local shine plug is wrapped up. No jars to be had.  I know theres a major aluminum can strange too.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 08:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My local shine plug is wrapped up. No jars to be had.  I know theres a major aluminum can strange too.

where you at?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 04:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

where you at?

Mason Dixon Line. Cumberland Valley.  On the Patomac. No one running because no jars. It's weird.  No bulk plastic gallons either? Or they need the upsale of the fruited jars that badly to cover expenses? 

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

where you at?
[close]

Mason Dixon Line. Cumberland Valley.  On the Patomac. No one running because no jars. It's weird.  No bulk plastic gallons either? Or they need the upsale of the fruited jars that badly to cover expenses?

That's the good stuff. damn. There's a shortage of mason jars here too. People buy pallets for their distillate and shit. Pretty crazy shit.

sbmfj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 10:49:23 AM »
Cant post pics, but I bought a set of Swiss off Ali Express. 12 USd shipped to Canada.

They look and seem pretty legit. But as someone previously mentioned they must be fakes. But outstanding fakes Id say. Ill set em up with some new wheels in the spring.

Ive been riding some other chinese bearings too, they werent too bad. 20$ for a set of Ceramics. A friends venture so to speak.

Id post a photo, but my photobucket acct isnt premium, so I cant host a photo.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001089531836.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.683a10aaPJTPSD&algo_pvid=eec2699a-5122-45af-8898-924cb5c39e80&algo_expid=eec2699a-5122-45af-8898-924cb5c39e80-0&btsid=0bb0624116076260648562708e0ff4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »
Cant post pics, but I bought a set of Swiss off Ali Express. 12 USd shipped to Canada.

They look and seem pretty legit. But as someone previously mentioned they must be fakes. But outstanding fakes Id say. Ill set em up with some new wheels in the spring.
Ive been riding some other chinese bearings too, they werent too bad. 20$ for a set of Ceramics. A friends venture so to speak.

Id post a photo, but my photobucket acct isnt premium, so I cant host a photo.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001089531836.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.683a10aaPJTPSD&algo_pvid=eec2699a-5122-45af-8898-924cb5c39e80&algo_expid=eec2699a-5122-45af-8898-924cb5c39e80-0&btsid=0bb0624116076260648562708e0ff4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

use the  +ADD IMAGE TO POST link right below ... it hosts imgbb for you automatically.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:49 PM »

It is funny (sad) how they have copied everything to the point of even the Made in Switzerland but of course they are made in China.

I guess for a $12 set of bearings, they would go ok.

A few sets of fake swiss have come through, and although I can tell the difference once you set them up and skate them, they were decent enough bearings.  I would be pissed if I had paid full Bones Swiss prices and got fakes though.

sbmfj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »
Lets try this...

Ali Express 12 USD shipped to Canada...

picture upload sites

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
Good luck!

I see others have bought more than a few sets and are trying to sell them locally as the real thing.

Sad really.