Author Topic: Switch Heels  (Read 1110 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Switch Heels
« on: December 20, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
Help please. I either rocket and over flip, or I stay over the board and half flip them. I feel like I tried every foot positioning that I don't even know what my typical sw heel positioning is anymore. Seems like everyone and their moms can do these. I have switch flip but heels seem impossible. Any help would be appreciated

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
Re: Switch Heels
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »
I put my flip foot in the middle of my board with just a couple inches of toe hanging off. Pop foot is all the way on the end of the nose. My weight is centered over my flip foot. Pop really hard and when I got half way up I turn my flip foot 45 degrees and kick out 45 degrees towards the tail. I don't kick too hard and stay centered over the board. Same for nollie heels.

Kind of a weird technique, but it works for me.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 04:07:40 PM »
I'm the opposite: I've got switch heels but not switch kickflips. For switch heels, I'll give the same advice as for regular heels. Kick both heels forward during the flip and the board should stay under you better.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »
kick off the nose

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
Kick your flicking foot off faster than you may think.
It will help with avoiding the whiff-and-credit-card

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 08:47:37 AM »
Thanks for the tips. Got a few in each of my last couple sessions. I found the tip about kicking the heel of the switch front foot harder than you think very helpful. Also concentrate on actually popping before kicking as ghost popping still happens often for me. Building my muscle memory and hopefully it will be a reasonably consistent trick for me in the future.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 04:00:45 PM »
I'm the opposite: I've got switch heels but not switch kickflips. For switch heels, I'll give the same advice as for regular heels. Kick both heels forward during the flip and the board should stay under you better.

Interesting so your pop foot goes forward slightly too?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in