Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57801 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #1110 on: February 28, 2022, 06:16:58 PM »
I’m wearing a mask forever. Fuck your breath.

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1111 on: February 28, 2022, 09:26:01 PM »

Bing bong!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1112 on: March 01, 2022, 11:40:57 AM »
Yup. That's also a plus. I know some women love the ability to hide their looks behind their mask and get less harassment.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1113 on: March 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yup. That's also a plus. I know some women love the ability to hide their looks behind their mask and get less harassment.

or

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/love-digitally/202202/can-wearing-face-mask-make-you-more-attractive

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1114 on: March 01, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

or

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/love-digitally/202202/can-wearing-face-mask-make-you-more-attractive

I've definitely had some coffee shop/grocery store crushes that my shallow ass stopped feeling once the masks came off!

but really, I kinda dig wearing masks in the store and all that stuff. hat, hood, shades, mask. no one knows me
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1115 on: November 23, 2022, 10:46:50 AM »
Went to a convention in New Orleans. Got back Saturday and felt kind of out of it. Tested Monday and was negative. Tuesday night was pretty rough trying to sleep due to the coughing. Re-tested today and turned out positive. So glad I got those at home tests.

So far I have just felt chills, fatigue, stuffy nose, and lots of coughing. Breathing is slightly poorer but nothing too crazy. Fully vaxxxed and boosted.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 03:13:03 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #1116 on: November 24, 2022, 12:49:32 AM »
masks have been a godsend since a drunk driver gave me afew extra holes in my face ina hit run.  theyre scars now but still, dare to show my face again now with a mask

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1117 on: November 24, 2022, 09:04:07 AM »
Went to a convention in New Orleans. Got back Saturday and felt kind of out of it. Tested Monday and was negative. Tuesday night was pretty rough trying to sleep due to the coughing. Re-tested today and turned out positive. So glad I got those at home tests.

So far I have just felt chills, fatigue, stuffy nose, and lots of coughing. Breathing is slightly poorer but nothing too crazy. Fully vaxxxed and boosted.

Hope you're feeling okay for this indigenous remembrance day. Can you take anything for your cough?

artskool

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1118 on: November 27, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
I had covid over thanksgiving week, which was kind of a mixed blessing since I find family gatherings super stressful. So, I was home alone for the week instead. Been vaccinated/boosted, and the case was very mellow. I had a low fever for maybe 36 hours. Runny nose, no cough or anything. Tired, with a headache, but I feel that way pretty much all the time anyway. Tested negative after 6 days.

Much less severe than a friend of mine who had it a couple of weeks before, who had been vaccinated but no booster.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1119 on: November 28, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hope you're feeling okay for this indigenous remembrance day. Can you take anything for your cough?

Thanks! I didn't take anything but it has mellowed out a bit. Fortunately, it happened at the best part of the semester.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have had wildly vivid dreams.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
My friend just caught it a 2nd time and it hit him pretty heavy again, whereas when I caught it for the second time in late July, it was pretty mellow.

I figure my immunity is coming to a close so I need to get the newest booster soon.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1121 on: December 14, 2022, 04:59:00 AM »
Anyone ever successfully avoid catching covid after a roommate tests positive? Feel like its inevitable and who knows i would probably already test positive if I took one I bet

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #1122 on: December 14, 2022, 08:01:13 AM »
Anyone ever successfully avoid catching covid after a roommate tests positive? Feel like its inevitable and who knows i would probably already test positive if I took one I bet

I am on the mend from getting it via the roommate. This is round three for me, with receiving the most recent booster early November, and I still got leveled. Four days in bed, still testing positive on day 11. I’ve still got a sinus drip and limited taste and smell. I’m tempted to get a PCR test to see which variant is dancing in my britches. I’m a healthy guy and get my sun baths in and all, and this one still got me good.

Stay safe out there Pals.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1123 on: December 14, 2022, 08:22:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am on the mend from getting it via the roommate. This is round three for me, with receiving the most recent booster early November, and I still got leveled. Four days in bed, still testing positive on day 11. I’ve still got a sinus drip and limited taste and smell. I’m tempted to get a PCR test to see which variant is dancing in my britches. I’m a healthy guy and get my sun baths in and all, and this one still got me good.

God damn. And is it still the assumption that as long as someone is testing positive they're still contagious? Cause I'll hear some sources just say quarantine 5 days and you're good but if the test is positive after that sounds sketchy to go out lol

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #1124 on: December 14, 2022, 10:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

God damn. And is it still the assumption that as long as someone is testing positive they're still contagious? Cause I'll hear some sources just say quarantine 5 days and you're good but if the test is positive after that sounds sketchy to go out lol

I’m in the US so we have the governmental CDC advice. But I can take another few days past five to be sure I’m not hurting no nobodies.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1125 on: December 14, 2022, 11:00:11 AM »

My wife currently has covid and we've been sleeping in separate rooms, but otherwise haven't been as strict as maybe we should be. She wears a mask in any shared areas and has still been using the kitchen etc. It's been 6 days and so far I haven't caught it though she's still testing positive.

We both got boosted in the beginning of November (my fourth shot) so her symptoms have fortunately been extremely mild, and maybe it's helped prevent me from getting it? I still haven't had it so maybe I'm superhuman. Hard to say.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1126 on: December 15, 2022, 08:25:11 AM »
My kid and all the kids at his daycare got covid last may, (my wife and I got it from him as well) but my daycare provider did not. She wore a mask
My daycare provider, her husband, and son got covid 2 weeks  ago, but none of the kids got it
She wore a mask.
It's a home daycare.

I know, mind blowing stuff

I just got my flu shot and the bivalent vaccine and I am probably going to "die suddenly"

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #1127 on: December 15, 2022, 08:28:36 AM »
US Government is offering free tests kits again: https://special.usps.com/testkits

If you have any expired kits, the expiration date may have been extended: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #1128 on: December 15, 2022, 08:45:02 AM »
US Government is offering free tests kits again: https://special.usps.com/testkits

If you have any expired kits, the expiration date may have been extended: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

Thanks for the heads up!

69woodpusher69

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1129 on: December 15, 2022, 08:46:02 AM »
thanks for the usps link, got mine coming

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1130 on: December 15, 2022, 09:04:50 AM »
Also, in case anyone doesn't know, some health insurance providers will reimburse for a certain amount of tests a month. I had to buy a couple recently and my wife's insurance will reimburse for up to 8 tests a month with a receipt and the box.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: December 16, 2022, 10:25:06 AM »
Roommate is still positive but I'm currently still negative on the covid test.  But am I supposed to stay quarantined like them until they're clear or is it acceptable to go out and hang with people... like is there risk I'll just be bringing covid with me even if I'm not positive?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1132 on: December 16, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
Roommate is still positive but I'm currently still negative on the covid test.  But am I supposed to stay quarantined like them until they're clear or is it acceptable to go out and hang with people... like is there risk I'll just be bringing covid with me even if I'm not positive?

There is some risk. Just wear a mask indoors/close contact. It's a hassle but that's the compromise.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: December 17, 2022, 09:13:26 AM »
Ah fuck it all i woke up with covid.

First time getting it.  There should be a trophy system for those who made it this far

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1134 on: December 17, 2022, 11:00:18 AM »

First time getting it.  There should be a trophy system for those who made it this far

Bummer. You had a good run. I haven’t gotten it still, but not for lack of trying. My wife and I haven’t had very good isolation practices this week but so far no problem for me.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1135 on: December 17, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »

I had it for the first time this week. Felt like a mild flu for about 1 day.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1136 on: December 17, 2022, 08:19:07 PM »
Covid farts are crazy

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1137 on: December 20, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »
Day 4 everything is almost good except for an ongoing insane sore throat. Idk if its the whole lymphatic system or whatever but the more I focus on the feeling it seems like everything in my throat and what connects to ears and nose is just swollen and extremely sensitive. Can't even swallow my own saliva without excruciating pain and nearly die every time I cough and hack up a mouthful of flem.  Like at what point can covid lead to some other issue that might actually be worth a trip to the doctor? Like it feels like an ear infection could be right around the corner and I think there are meds to help with that sort of thing so its really annoying having no idea what do I just sit and suffer through vs trying to go out and see if a doctor could help any of this

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1138 on: December 20, 2022, 05:24:51 PM »

Still haven't got it, but finally got that crazy Flu that the news is talking about this week (its been since 2017 when last had it) and goddamn this shit sucks, makes me wonder if I should have gotten the flu shot when I got my booster

boogs

« Reply #1139 on: December 20, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »
Day 4 everything is almost good except for an ongoing insane sore throat. Idk if its the whole lymphatic system or whatever but the more I focus on the feeling it seems like everything in my throat and what connects to ears and nose is just swollen and extremely sensitive. Can't even swallow my own saliva without excruciating pain and nearly die every time I cough and hack up a mouthful of flem.  Like at what point can covid lead to some other issue that might actually be worth a trip to the doctor? Like it feels like an ear infection could be right around the corner and I think there are meds to help with that sort of thing so its really annoying having no idea what do I just sit and suffer through vs trying to go out and see if a doctor could help any of this
could just be the regular ass flu