Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58030 times)

Deputy Wendell

Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
You'd vaccinate everybody and end the spread of the virus? The same way that vaccines have proven to do in the past? Not sure I understand what you're asking. I'm not saying governments should have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want upon us, just that "my body my choice" isn't a strong enough case against it on its own

solid...simple enough, right? what about the portion of the population that--for whatever reason--does not want to get vaccinated?

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
You'd vaccinate everybody and end the spread of the virus? The same way that vaccines have proven to do in the past? Not sure I understand what you're asking. I'm not saying governments should have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want upon us, just that "my body my choice" isn't a strong enough case against it on its own
[close]

solid...simple enough, right? what about the portion of the population that--for whatever reason--does not want to get vaccinated?

As statet before... extremly high fines, no travelling, no more job, home quarantine,if they break that  prison... there is plenty of options.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We were literally discussing the hypotheticals of mandatory vaccination. Why are you jumping in on a discussion that you haven't read properly?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 01:24:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As statet before... extremly high fines, no travelling, no more job, home quarantine,if they break that  prison... there is plenty of options.

so everything but "forced" vaccination?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 01:28:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the right discussion would be „how can we convince people to get vaccinated?“ not
 „what will we do if the refuse?“

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 01:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the right discussion would be „how can we convince people to get vaccinated?“ not
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You know what, I'm sure widespread misinformation spread via the Internet, combined with how easy it is to bandy conspiracy theories around, combined with the rising yet baseless popularity of anti-vaxxing, combined with how the pandemic has been stressing us out, is making people believe that the vaccine is a method of control.

I've had people close to me watch 5G conspiracy theories and wonder if Bill Gates is trying to inject us with some weird liquid 5G to control us. It's fucked. I'm seeing a lot of satire and open ridicule of these theories but I don't think that's going to be efficient. Something has to be done to tilt public common sense in favour of science.

Also, I'm down to take the vaccine. Don't see an issue, don't believe that the government and pharmaceutical companies would be so cruel and inept as to indoctrinate the globe with something destructive.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 02:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

selah

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 05:23:14 PM »
We've already seen that there is a UK variant of covid19.

Will we keep seeing variants of the virus since anti-vaxxers are willing hosts to farm further mutations of this virus?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:34:40 PM by layzieyez »

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 06:02:13 PM »
It really is though, well at least here in the US. I am not sure what country you live in.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 07:28:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It really is though, well at least here in the US. I am not sure what country you live in.

What about immunization for admission to public schools? That’s decided at the state level, with all states allowing exemptions for medical reasons, while 45 allow for religious exemptions, and only 16 states for philosophical exemptions. Furthermore, philosophical and religious exemptions have been repealed in some states due to the outbreaks of preventable diseases, like measles in New York and Washington state in 2019.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 08:33:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Correct I don't live in the US, tbf I forgot how relaxed your laws are regarding those kind of things. All drugs are completely legal, right? And abortion isn't outlawed anywhere in the country? You can drink from a pretty young age too IIRC.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2020, 03:00:36 PM »
My check engine light came on in my car but I’m not going to let some car tell me what to do.  I have rights.  Also I’m switching to putting diesel in because I don’t trust Subaru. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
I wouldn't either, bad transmissions in those

Dinglenuts

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »
My check engine light came on in my car but I’m not going to let some car tell me what to do.  I have rights.  Also I’m switching to putting diesel in because I don’t trust Subaru.
With that logic maybe you should just use public transportation. I will continue to drive and fix my own car, unless I CHOOSE to bring it to a mechanic.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2020, 07:08:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Assuming you were born there, stats suggest that someone chopped off a bit of your penis. And it didn't even require a medical purpose!

Dinglenuts

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Assuming you were born there, stats suggest that someone chopped off a bit of your penis. And it didn't even require a medical purpose!
My Jigga is intact (and if shalomcoin goes through proof will be available for you) but having a baby boy circumcised is a personal decision made by the child’s parents. That certainly cannot be compared to the government forcing someone to do something unwanted to their body..you silly

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2020, 07:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

And they won’t give it back, either. The bastards.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2020, 08:46:20 AM »
I think the best thing that can be done is show prominent figures getting the vaccine and show ads that emotionally show the benefits of vaccine and negatively show how miserable covid-19 can be.

I don't buy laundry detergent because I understand what is in it, I buy it cause I like pictures of fields with wild flowers and white women with blonde hair hanging up sheets.

Educating and punishing arent worth it. Humans arent rational so there is no point in talking to them like adults. And, punishment would need to be crafted carefully so it doesn't create Martyrs which would do significant harm as it gives the antivaxx dipshits heroes to worship.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2020, 09:21:49 AM »
I’m just some jerkoff, but I can let you know you how it goes for me if and when I get vaccinated. I think they’re saying it should be available for plebs like me some time in the summer or autumn.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2020, 09:27:31 AM »
I wouldn't either, bad transmissions in those

Not a fan of the cvt?  I like it a lot.

excitableboy

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
My Jigga is intact (and if shalomcoin goes through proof will be available for you) but having a baby boy circumcised is a personal decision made by the child’s parents. That certainly cannot be compared to the government forcing someone to do something unwanted to their body..you silly

The analogy really isn't as far off as you seem to believe. Those parents, who make a 'personal decision' to permanently alter another person's body, do so under the assumption that it is beneficial. Where do you think they got that idea? The incentives to circumcize aren't as overt as those for vaccinating children, but cutting was normalized institutionally. The benefits of the vaccines are  of course monumental, while the risk of lasting negative effects are just about negligible. And the benefits of circumcision are slight and nebulous, while the rate of irreversibly changed non-consenting bodies is a hundred percent.

You really think bodily autonomy doesn't come into play here, just because it is deferred?

Dinglenuts

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

The analogy really isn't as far off as you seem to believe. Those parents, who make a 'personal decision' to permanently alter another person's body, do so under the assumption that it is beneficial. Where do you think they got that idea? The incentives to circumcize aren't as overt as those for vaccinating children, but cutting was normalized institutionally. The benefits of the vaccines are  of course monumental, while the risk of lasting negative effects are just about negligible. And the benefits of circumcision are slight and nebulous, while the rate of irreversibly changed non-consenting bodies is a hundred percent.

You really think bodily autonomy doesn't come into play here, just because it is deferred?
My pecker was not cut due to my parents decision making. Nobody came into that room and forced them to make that decision, or removed personal freedoms from them if they didn’t comply. I will say I like your approach to this conversation, I was anticipating name-calling and such. I am assuming by the consistent kooks I am getting that I am being viewed as a anti-vaxxer. I am just someone who would like to continue to research and then make the decisions regarding my own body.

excitableboy

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
My pecker was not cut due to my parents decision making. Nobody came into that room and forced them to make that decision, or removed personal freedoms from them if they didn’t comply. I will say I like your approach to this conversation, I was anticipating name-calling and such. I am assuming by the consistent kooks I am getting that I am being viewed as a anti-vaxxer. I am just someone who would like to continue to research and then make the decisions regarding my own body.

Of course, schools don't discriminate against foreskin and that's where the analogy is flawed. Although parents sure think about the PE showers when making 'their' decision. But never mind that. What circumcision (and other counter examples given here, which you are dodging) shows, is that bodily autonomy is regularly relinquished. For good reasons of public health (measles), for questionable reasons of public health (prohibition), and even for sheer frivolity (circumcision).

I don't do name-calling but if you want to see less of that maybe don't end posts goading.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You can do your „research“ , take your time.... but meanwhile you have to live with restrictions. I dont see a problem.

just do your self a favour and spend 30 minutes on pub med, that should do it.

Dinglenuts

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2020, 04:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You can do your „research“ , take your time.... but meanwhile you have to live with. I dont see a problem.

Thank you, I will check it out

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You can do your „research“ , take your time.... but meanwhile you have to live with. I dont see a problem.

[close]
Thank you, I will check it out

The fact that you don‘t know about pub med shows that you have done no research so far. At least not in a proper way of what science refers to as research.

If you don‘t use legit sources your research is useless.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
The argument of forced vaccination seems purely theoretical. Only one percent of my state, not including undocumented immigrants, received their first dose. After health care workers and nursing home staff/residents, another 2/3rds of the population are considered "essential".

California could never mandate a vaccination or even a simple covid test. Since I don't have a car anymore and would have to take public transportation and dedicate a sick day to wait in line at Kaiser, it's pointless for me to get tested if I had to. As a state employee who works with the public, I can't even get tested from a county site (I'm classified as a "Disaster Service Worker" for the duration of the epidemic). Although I know that the L.A. Sheriffs Dept. is mandating testing, we do not have a fraction of their resources. They won't supply mask or gloves and certainly won't make testing or vaccines available, much less mandatory.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2020, 02:04:21 AM »
On the topic of circumcision, that's still recommended by the CDC. While I'm not anti-covid-vaccine, it does make me question whatever recommendations they have. That's something specific to the US but most countries have something fucked up if you search for it.

Human population planning, forced (not mandated) vaccinations, circumcision (recommended, not mandated/forced), etc... are all in the same of governments/govt. org's forcing, mandating, or recommending something concerning and individual's body. With how most laws are passed/worded, I'm sure there's some crossover in extending powers when it comes to things like this.

With the vaccine rolling out, I think the question for governments should be how to get the skeptical people to trust them in that taking it is safe, not "how are we going to force this on them". If they did a good job handling the situation, I'd imagine they have less people skeptical of their advice.

At the end of the day, however things play out, you're either a victim of - or thankful for - whatever country you're living in. Everyone's privy to their opinions, however. So if you can vote on said issues, vote, and keep yourself informed via trustworthy resources. The shit people repost on Instagram, FB groups, etc... it's insane how so many people are quick to take that stuff as truth.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »
I registered with my health department today to get notified when for my immunization when it becomes available since I haven't heard anything from the VA.