Author Topic: Does Tyshawn still skate?  (Read 15034 times)

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
Re: Does Tyshawn still skate?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 03:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw him at fish gap like 2 weeks ago and he hit a FS big spin down it first try. Sooooooo
[close]

What's fish gap? The block/stairs he switch flipped?

Dylan kickflipped up it for his ender in Cherry:

I was almost positive TJ did the same as a tribute in Blessed but I didn't see it or it lives somewhere else. Just watched that part again and it is so gnarly.

Crusty spot in brooklyn: https://quartersnacks.com/spots/brooklyn/downtown-fort-greene/fish-gap/

hot take

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
He’s using his influence and street cred to defund the police. Sometimes winning soty is greater than you’d think. Also he’s selling drugs(and dogs) out of the BOH of his restaurants

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 05:22:26 PM »
He'll give you the insta clips for free but a full part is gonna cost ya

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »
why do folks still pretend like it's 2001, and social media doesn't exist? like, yes, as a pro skater in 2020, your sponsors want you to post footage more than once a year. just post some ishod type shit, of you dicking around at the skatepark

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »
I watched TJ try straight nollie heel over a can a few months ago (was on his last few tries when I showed up, didn’t get it then at least).

Strobecks Instagram is where the clips go. Strobeck also teases them filming in the streets and it looks like he’s working, only posting the casual/throwaway shit.

I’ve heard rumors of him trying some heavy shit in NY. I’m totally fine with this amount of clips for the gram and saving the real deal for a part. Short answer, yea he skates.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 07:15:28 PM »
that nollie heel is motherfucked up. this dudes out of his mind you kids are fried as fuck

free max b
FREE MAX B

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2020, 11:25:02 PM »
the hate TJ gets boggles my mind

dude is one of the best. go to new york and see those spots for yourself.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2020, 06:13:16 AM »

I think it isn't so much his "absence" so much as how when he does pop up it's about money and ego instead of skating, which is cringey af.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2020, 06:26:08 AM »
Literally one of the best to ever set foot on a skateboard and people complain, unreal. Must be so fucking fun to be that good.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2020, 06:42:57 AM »
Some of you will walk through fire to discredit TJ. Unreal.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2020, 06:50:11 AM »
why do folks still pretend like it's 2001, and social media doesn't exist? like, yes, as a pro skater in 2020, your sponsors want you to post footage more than once a year. just post some ishod type shit, of you dicking around at the skatepark

Not a huge FA fan but from the sound of it Ave and Dill are believers in stacking the footage and releasing it when there is a new product drop.

Recently Dill said that KB sitting on a lot of shit, but just waiting on the right time (the spring drop basically). Based on KB’s social media you would believe Clark Hassler skates more than he does lol.

veritas

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it isn't so much his "absence" so much as how when he does pop up it's about money and ego instead of skating, which is cringey af.

You’d probably post the shit he does if you had multiple video parts, a restaurant, SOTY, a huge adidas deal, etc. at 21. He’s a college aged kid with a ton of success.

BroBruhBra

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2020, 07:09:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’d probably post the shit he does if you had multiple video parts, a restaurant, SOTY, a huge adidas deal, etc. at 21. He’s a college aged kid with a ton of success.

Nope, not even close. Being ostentatious is ugly and can attract some pretty terrible things.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2020, 07:11:05 AM »
I think people were just worried he’d see himself as above it all and go pursue an acting career full time and we’d lose a great skater who still had a lot more to offer the world of skating.

I’m all for wishing people success but at the same time I’d be like “ah man you can’t just ignore the level of pop you possess.” We mostly know him for his skating so if you’re a fan of it you still want to see it.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2020, 07:23:49 AM »
Man he'd suck at acting

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2020, 07:31:05 AM »
I saw him FUCKING up freedom plaza about 1.5 months ago.  Was oddly warm and they were out with strobek
where is home?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2020, 07:33:37 AM »
How dare a successful young black man in America have an ego, or want more out of life than what skateboarding has to offer?!

As others have pointed out, he still rips.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BroBruhBra

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2020, 07:40:37 AM »
All you butt hurt people should start a club called "Friends of TJ" where you defend his honor against baseless claims on the internet by people who love his skating and want to see more of it.

Make some bumper stickers and be sure to give him a cut.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2020, 07:44:15 AM »
How dare a successful young black man in America have an ego, or want more out of life than what skateboarding has to offer?!

Dude, that's the whole thing.  Do you remember how cocky you were at 21 vs your late 20's/early 30's?  He's still a kid.

And shouts for pursuing paths outside of skateboarding.  I for one didn't expect his first venture to be a restaurant, but good on him.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2020, 07:48:51 AM »
All you butt hurt people should start a club called "Friends of TJ" where you defend his honor against baseless claims on the internet by people who love his skating and want to see more of it.

It's just weird to think someone isn't skating just because they're not pumping out filler insta clips. Like relax you'll get your TJ footage.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2020, 07:53:34 AM »

You just have to put up with Strobeck's instagram if you want to see his footage. Honestly he can get away with posting less skating because the stuff we do see is so, so good.

After being heavily and rightfully kook'd for hating on Bledsoe's tattoo stuff, I am fully on being a fan of pro skaters being able to use their social media accounts for more than just skating. It's interesting and refreshing!

BroBruhBra

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2020, 07:56:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You just have to put up with Strobeck's instagram if you want to see his footage. Honestly he can get away with posting less skating because the stuff we do see is so, so good.

After being heavily and rightfully kook'd for hating on Bledsoe's tattoo stuff, I am fully on being a fan of pro skaters being able to use their social media accounts for more than just skating. It's interesting and refreshing!

Oh my god, please don't slip in my tears :*(

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don't cry they both still skate! Also I don't want to fall

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude, that's the whole thing.  Do you remember how cocky you were at 21 vs your late 20's/early 30's?  He's still a kid.

And shouts for pursuing paths outside of skateboarding.  I for one didn't expect his first venture to be a restaurant, but good on him.
also could you imagine how much excitement and pride he feels being able to live the life he lives and take care of his family the way he does after how he grew up? that story about him getting 80,000 stolen from his mom still blows my mind

BroBruhBra

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't cry they both still skate! Also I don't want to fall

Haha, thanks. Sorry for coming off like a jerk sometimes. I'm overly opinionated and bored at work.

Side note, I'm dying to see a serious part from KB.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2020, 08:15:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
also could you imagine how much excitement and pride he feels being able to live the life he lives and take care of his family the way he does after how he grew up? that story about him getting 80,000 stolen from his mom still blows my mind

It has truly been such a pleasure watching his career in skating take off and open up doors for other opportunities.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2020, 08:37:54 AM »
Also would like to point out that Elijah was on FA for a couple of years before dropping a bunch of footy in 2020 and no one tried to imply that he wasn’t skating during that stretch in between. Just saying 🤷🏾.

swishfrontblunt

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2020, 08:41:18 AM »
Just cause he's not riding around aimlessly in a big white cargo van eating chic fil-a and drinking starbucks with 8 middle aged drone filmers, sitting in LA traffic and begging the black label dudes for spot pins, does not mean he's not skating.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »
This man just casually SW FS flipped the bond street gap for an instagram post

"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

conqueso

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »