Author Topic: United States of $600  (Read 1625 times)

Baswell Cerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
United States of $600
« on: December 22, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
Whose stoked on this? Really just curious. I'm kinda pissed. Not cuz I need more, I'm ok. But I know there are people out there who it's not enough. People are suffering.

I don't know what to do short of running for office and that's a pretty slim chance of happening.

Are we revolting? Are we letting this one go too? Seems like the elected officials don't give a fuck, doesn't matter what color they are.

Shits fucked yo and this country is looking lamer and lamer.

Time to focus?
[Applause]

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: United States of $600
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:21:49 PM »
Let the next administration come in and we will see what they do. Of course not much will change but maybe they will try to be reasonable sometimes.

Edit - ha trump just killed the bill and asked for 2k for everyone. Interesting turn.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:35:56 PM by graypubes »

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 06:04:20 PM »
Let the next administration come in and we will see what they do. Of course not much will change but maybe they will try to be reasonable sometimes.

Edit - ha trump just killed the bill and asked for 2k for everyone. Interesting turn.

what has Grandpa joe done the last 40 years besides the Biden crime bill, and make himself and family millions because of his position?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 06:14:22 PM »
Something tells me that Trump is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 06:36:09 PM »
Something tells me that Trump is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart...

I think it's just part of his effort to save face after being criticized for mishandling the pandemic. Read an article today where an anonymous top advisor called him dumb for it lol

And unfortunately the next administration will still have to work with Republicans in Congress on getting relief bills passed...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
I think it's a ruse to place blame on one side or the other, for myself I'm not in support of either side but I'd rather have a career politician who actually knows how to please both sides then some showboat grifter who's career has been scamming others alongside failed business after business.
Dueces Bitch's

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 08:21:54 PM »
$600 is an insult.  Everyone should have been getting 2k a month during this whole thing and the 1% should have been taxed to pay for it
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 08:22:05 PM »
Is there any way that we can get Puleo to be a SLAP correspondent? I want his insights and a thread from him and not random posters.

Looks like the ILLUSION and Puleo could be a fucking sick combo, if we can get Puleo to chill on collecting post it notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWWq-V7kSBY&t=156s

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 08:40:11 PM »
$600 is an insult.  Everyone should have been getting 2k a month during this whole thing and the 1% should have been taxed to pay for it

It is indeed, and if Trump keeps this up people who desperately need it won't even get it. And the stimulus check is just one part of this legislation... if he doesn't sign this, it's leaving small businesses and the unemployed out to dry for an even longer period of time.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 09:07:48 PM »
Shit, who doesn't need an extra 2K? This year cost me way more than I expected and I could use the boost.

However, I think this is him listening to a far-right advisor on why all the other right-wing "populists" who killed their populations by ignoring covid are popular (Bolsonaro gave lots of free money away, despite Brazil being broke)

And, it is an opportunity to bring up the same tired bullshit crying about "Oh man we are giving money to a foreign country... that money should be used here (for tax cuts)." It is like the right wants to purposely ignore how little that soft power costs compared to pouring money into the military to gain power.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 07:17:07 AM »
I thought this was America...

Mongoloid

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 07:30:45 AM »
I thought this was America...

Oh trust me, this is very much so America.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 05:41:45 AM »
Looks like we'll have a bit more information on the fate of the $600 today.

Dems are set to propose an amendment to the bill that includes a $2000 stimulus check at the congressional pro forma session this afternoon. If even one house Republican opposes the bill, it can't move forward.

If it does, it would then have to be approved in the Senate... I don't think they'll go for it.

The longer they deliberate, the longer people go without support. If the bill providing $2000 passes, not sure how long it will be before people see that money.

Edit: even if the increase in the stimulus package is blocked today, Dems can move to vote on a separate relief bill providing the 2k on Monday.

Update: Stimmy increase blocked, we'll see what happens with the vote on a new bill this coming Monday. Hopefully Trump signs the current bill so people can at least have the slap in the face that is $600, or else that'll die on Jan. 3
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:14:00 AM by Urtripping »

foureyedjim

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 09:08:49 AM »
Wait does everyone get $600?  I don’t even need it...and I’m sure there’s plenty of people that don’t...

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 10:50:57 AM »
Wait does everyone get $600?  I don’t even need it...and I’m sure there’s plenty of people that don’t...

The cap is for those making $74k a year or something. I envy you of you couldn't use an extra 600 bucks, and just because you and other people feel that way doesn't mean people don't need financial support right now.

foureyedjim

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The cap is for those making $74k a year or something. I envy you of you couldn't use an extra 600 bucks, and just because you and other people feel that way doesn't mean people don't need financial support right now.

I asked because 600 isn’t much if you really need the money...if people like me don’t get it I don’t see why people can’t get more.  But they did spend a shit ton of money (hidden in the relief bill) on a naval ship.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 09:34:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I asked because 600 isn’t much if you really need the money...if people like me don’t get it I don’t see why people can’t get more.  But they did spend a shit ton of money (hidden in the relief bill) on a naval ship.

Got ya I see what you're saying now, and you're totally right 600 really doesn't begin to help the most in need. You're a legend for wanting to forgoe yours to give to those in need.

It isn't even an appropriate amount for people to use to stimulate the economy. I was gonna funnel mine into much needed car repairs, but $600 doesn't go far in 2020, and I could see people who don't need it to survive just saving it.

The stimulus package was also just a part of the regular budget proposal for 2021, so there are some other things like defense spending and foreign aid included in the "same" package.

Here's a solid source of information on it going forward:

https://www-cnet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2000-second-stimulus-check-update-house-to-vote-monday-on-a-standalone-stimulus-bill/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:43:45 AM by Urtripping »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 12:13:04 PM »
Almost believed for a second that we would be seeing that two grand. Guess Mitch had others plans for the millions going hungry.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »
thanks Mitch...why the fuck is he still alive?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 03:16:31 PM »
Because toads never die.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 03:49:23 PM »
Can't stand the sight of that cretin, politics aside...

This is an interesting predicament the Senate Republicans are in, we'll see what they do when it's actually voted on. My guess is it won't pass it because they really don't give a shit, but they'll still be able to say "Well, we tried."

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:52 PM »
idk anybody who would turn down $2000 thats some psycho shit

fuck Mitch McConnell, i cant wait til i can piss on his grave

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
I would forgo that 2k if it meant I could punch Mitchy boy in the face.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
I'm all for confronting and cursing out these elected officials when they're out and about in their towns, eating dinner with their families and shopping and what not.

Doesn't happen often enough, imo.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »
I'm all for confronting and cursing out these elected officials when they're out and about in their towns, eating dinner with their families and shopping and what not.

Doesn't happen often enough, imo.

for real. shame them until they're afraid leave the gated community sewers from where they crawl at day break so as to commence wreaking death upon the common land. sad thing is, a fuck ton of people actually "like" them.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm not surprised that the Senate Republicans via Mitch blocked 2K being sent out, but, hell, it would have been nice if the one time Trump got something right his party would have fallen into line.

The Republicans in the House tried pretty hard to block it as well. In the House, the chamber approved the measure in a 275-134 vote....130 Republicans voted against it.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2020, 04:42:18 AM »
Mitch has attached the 2 grand to other legislation that must also be passed if the increase is to see the light of day. Many dems are likely to vote against it due to the attached laws (one of which being the creation of a committee look into voter fraud, designed to appease Trump), pretty much ensuring it won't actually be passed, but allowing R senators in the runoff in Georgia to vote for the 2k and look better in those election races.

Where things stand, I don't think a voter fraud committee could do much in the way of overturning the election, but don't think dems will go for the other attached law which has to do with removing liability protection for websites practicing what Trump calls "anti conservative bias." In other words, he's mad Twitter calls him out on his bullshit with fact checking and wants them to be held legally accountable.

This is all assuming it is even brought up in the Senate, which apparently it's a possibility that it could not be  ::)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 06:17:44 AM by Urtripping »