Author Topic: unpopular opinions thread - music edition  (Read 24598 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
Re: unpopular opinions thread - music edition
« Reply #480 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:56 AM »
I don't get much of the grunge sound. Dinosaur jr and nirvana just seem lazy and not very good. Cannot stand kurts voice as it spawned the horrible trend of everyone trying vedder it up.

This is what I think whenever someone says Radio Head is their favorite band

You're not wrong. I definitely was a little sad boy "no one gets me" dork in high school but i just love their music

I personally think Eminem is overrated. A lot of people live to put him in the GOAT conversation, but my perception is colored by how every dork "i hate rap music, but Eminem is the best to ever do it" attitude that so many low key racist white people love to trot out.

I'm also not into some of the current crop of "in rappers" like all the supreme set who love peep and XXX. But there's definitely good stuff coming out in the rap game like Denzel curry, Vince staples, Tyler the creator, jpegmafia and slowthai (although some of those acts have been around at least a decade already)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #481 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »
This is what I think whenever someone says Radio Head is their favorite band

Hahahaha. Good call.

Prinzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #482 on: October 19, 2021, 10:43:22 AM »
No way. We'll give Oasis the three albums like you said, but The Beatles had like a dozen in the span of less than ten years. Even if you don't like them all, their output and consistency is way greater than what Oasis did in the 90s.

I'd say The Brian Jonestown Massacre is better than Oasis and probably could've been just as big if Anton wasn't such an arrogant prick back then. Anton, in my opinion, is easily one of the best song writers in psych rock/pop history and he's still cranking out great music.

Shoutout the Brian Jonestown Massacre, glad we can both agree they are a highlight in 90's rock music.

I respect that we probably won't sway each other's opinions, but I will acknowledge from a career band standpoint, The Beatles consistency in quality exceeds Oasis' two masterpieces and very good third album, given that post the 1990's, Oasis' output is watered down, mediocre dad rock.

Just when it comes down to what I like in music, I find Oasis' prioritization on being a monstrous live act far more endearing than The Beatles approach of sonic experimentation and being, for lack of a better term, studio musicians. I think thats just my love of punk and hardcore influencing how I appreciate other genres of music. I do realize that anyone who isn't a fellow Oasis adorer like myself thinks my opinion is absolutely psychotic.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #483 on: October 19, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
Just when it comes down to what I like in music, I find Oasis' prioritization on being a monstrous live act far more endearing than The Beatles approach of sonic experimentation and being, for lack of a better term, studio musicians. I think thats just my love of punk and hardcore influencing how I appreciate other genres of music.

Makes perfect sense. Respect.

This is my favorite thread. 

Also, if you haven't already, check out some of the new music Anton posted on his youtube channel. Last year he put up like two albums worth of new tracks which he said were works in progress. To my ears, they sounded good enough to put out as an albums. I'd listen to them while working and almost every time I'd find a song that made me pick up the guitar and learn it on the spot. He's the best at making the simplest things sound so good.

He's got a new one now that looks to be his possible picks for a new album.

https://www.youtube.com/user/antonfjordson
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 11:02:28 AM by JB »

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #484 on: October 19, 2021, 11:05:59 AM »
Expand Quote
No way. We'll give Oasis the three albums like you said, but The Beatles had like a dozen in the span of less than ten years. Even if you don't like them all, their output and consistency is way greater than what Oasis did in the 90s.

I'd say The Brian Jonestown Massacre is better than Oasis and probably could've been just as big if Anton wasn't such an arrogant prick back then. Anton, in my opinion, is easily one of the best song writers in psych rock/pop history and he's still cranking out great music.
[close]

Shoutout the Brian Jonestown Massacre, glad we can both agree they are a highlight in 90's rock music.

I respect that we probably won't sway each other's opinions, but I will acknowledge from a career band standpoint, The Beatles consistency in quality exceeds Oasis' two masterpieces and very good third album, given that post the 1990's, Oasis' output is watered down, mediocre dad rock.

Just when it comes down to what I like in music, I find Oasis' prioritization on being a monstrous live act far more endearing than The Beatles approach of sonic experimentation and being, for lack of a better term, studio musicians. I think thats just my love of punk and hardcore influencing how I appreciate other genres of music. I do realize that anyone who isn't a fellow Oasis adorer like myself thinks my opinion is absolutely psychotic.
They played 1400 live shows? Sounds to me your focusing on the final years, whereas the beginning years where the exact opposite.

Personally I don’t care who is ”considered the best” especially over different time periods, and I don’t claim to be any expert, but double checking the logic here.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #485 on: October 19, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They played 1400 live shows? Sounds to me your focusing on the final years, whereas the beginning years where the exact opposite.

Personally I don’t care who is ”considered the best” especially over different time periods, and I don’t claim to be any expert, but double checking the logic here.

I mean, is that not how you take a bands progression into consideration?

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #486 on: October 19, 2021, 12:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t see your point, this was not a question of who progressed most favorably but rather of overall greatness. So if 3 out of 10 years were spent wanking about with sitars that negates driving people out of their minds with the live performances?

Sorry, I’m derailing the conversation and this is not fun or interesting, carry on.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #487 on: October 19, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I don’t see your point, this was not a question of who progressed most favorably but rather of overall greatness. So if 3 out of 10 years were spent wanking about with sitars that negates driving people out of their minds with the live performances?

I think the general consensus of the Beatles' later years being so adventurous was because it showed how far they progressed from being a travelling pop band singing "I Want To Hold Your Hand" to becoming pretty much exclusively a studio band. In terms of comparing influential discographies, I feel like it stands to reason that one would mostly focus on the later years given the trajectory of their career.

Edit: just saw your edit and don't really think you're derailing. This thread is full of music nerdery and everybody seems to be pretty cool about their disagreements. Personally I find conversations like this fun AND interesting, haha.

charge

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #488 on: October 19, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »
George Harrison playing chalk on a street by himself is way more interesting than watching him play in front of thousands of people screaming their heads off any day of the weeek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coz0TmK2ZIg

Prinzy

« Reply #489 on: October 19, 2021, 09:10:05 PM »
Edit: just saw your edit and don't really think you're derailing. This thread is full of music nerdery and everybody seems to be pretty cool about their disagreements. Personally I find conversations like this fun AND interesting, haha.

100%, I love this. Wouldn't have posted this take if I expected overwhelming agreement. I enjoy telling people this take, especially if they're Beatles fans, cause lots of different people like The Beatles for a wealth of different reasons, so I find it fascinating to hear all the various justifications of their side.

Like I said, I think the only one I can't get behind is the "they did it first, there would be no Beatles without Oasis". This is true, Oasis' direct nods (and blatant rips) to The Beatles aside, The Beatles influence on rock music as a whole is arguably one of the most wide spread in Western music. But, I believe bands have taken the formula and improved upon it in the same way no would argue the Model T is the best car ever. (I also realize "best" in music is ultimately a fruitless debate when it gets to semantics). In a hardcore sense, I think Madball is one of the best, most important and influential bands in hardcore, but I'd take Trapped Under Ice's discography over theirs any day.

But in regards to this, I think my argument that I appreciate Oasis' priority to be a live act stems more from the craftsmanship and execution to it. The swagger, the massive guitar tones, Liam borderline blowing his voice out, I think they are a supreme live act and they barely make any movements, they're just that good. Basically I think that this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZK7uLEx6is&ab_channel=ezemaster89

is waaaaaay cooler than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTsB-llTzyc&ab_channel=HDBeatles

but again, thats just my opinion! loving the discussion fellas

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: October 19, 2021, 10:51:56 PM »
I always thought the Oasis was lame so in terms of that comparison you probably have a better perspective. They were popular during a time when my view of music was still very black and white (mostly black) so I probably didn't give them a fair chance, but they are somewhere in the vicinity of Coldplay on my mind, a band that apparently a lot of people like, enough so that they would likely be called influencial, but to me is just whiny garbage on the radio.

But solid argumentation all around, appreciate it.

With the Beatles there is of course the immense myth building aspect, the level of detail with which each day of their career as now been analyzed and it's difficult to say how well the music would have stood the test of time on it's own. On the weekend I heard a show on the radio where a guy was talking for like 2 hours about a record from Fairport Convention and while I only heard bits of that it seemed to me like there was enough story there to carry a 6 episode miniseries too, and I've never even heard of the band.

Prinzy

« Reply #491 on: October 20, 2021, 08:56:06 AM »
I always thought the Oasis was lame so in terms of that comparison you probably have a better perspective. They were popular during a time when my view of music was still very black and white (mostly black) so I probably didn't give them a fair chance, but they are somewhere in the vicinity of Coldplay on my mind, a band that apparently a lot of people like, enough so that they would likely be called influencial, but to me is just whiny garbage on the radio.

I think the Coldplay comparison is very interesting and a fair one to make. Personally, as a whole I also dislike Coldplay, as to me its lukewarm, uninteresting radio pop. There are a few tracks from early in their discography that hold sentimental value to me cause I liked them on the radio when I was 10, but otherwise pretty shit band imo.

But I like the comparison for discussion cause I think Oasis was the last "true" massive rock band. With grunge taking over in America in the 90's and the 2000's subsequently making nu-metal and the more alt-rock bands like The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, or even early era-Coldplay in that regard the biggest acts in guitar music, I think an argument could be made that Oasis was the last traditional rock band in music culture.

Since then, thinking of all the largely "successful" guitar bands, they're either Top 40 major label pop acts like Maroon 5, nu-metal acts that have somehow made 20+ year careers out of their bands like Slipknot, or indie/alternative bands that receive so much music press praise that they become cultural staples, like The Black Keys or Arctic Monkeys.

I struggle to think of a traditional "rock" act that has been as culturally relevant but also as largely revered as Oasis? Would be curious if you guys have any you can think of.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #492 on: October 20, 2021, 09:06:34 AM »
i like oasis and i like when other bands sometimes sound a bit like oasis, like fucked up or narrow head.

charge

« Reply #493 on: October 20, 2021, 09:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100%, I love this. Wouldn't have posted this take if I expected overwhelming agreement. I enjoy telling people this take, especially if they're Beatles fans, cause lots of different people like The Beatles for a wealth of different reasons, so I find it fascinating to hear all the various justifications of their side.

Like I said, I think the only one I can't get behind is the "they did it first, there would be no Beatles without Oasis". This is true, Oasis' direct nods (and blatant rips) to The Beatles aside, The Beatles influence on rock music as a whole is arguably one of the most wide spread in Western music. But, I believe bands have taken the formula and improved upon it in the same way no would argue the Model T is the best car ever. (I also realize "best" in music is ultimately a fruitless debate when it gets to semantics). In a hardcore sense, I think Madball is one of the best, most important and influential bands in hardcore, but I'd take Trapped Under Ice's discography over theirs any day.

Expand Quote
[close]

But in regards to this, I think my argument that I appreciate Oasis' priority to be a live act stems more from the craftsmanship and execution to it. The swagger, the massive guitar tones, Liam borderline blowing his voice out, I think they are a supreme live act and they barely make any movements, they're just that good. Basically I think that this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZK7uLEx6is&ab_channel=ezemaster89

is waaaaaay cooler than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTsB-llTzyc&ab_channel=HDBeatles

but again, thats just my opinion! loving the discussion fellas

I mean i kinda get your point, but Oasis did have the luxury of modern sound systems and big time guitar boost pedals to get that huge sound. also millions of dollars to throw at production costs. You ever see that Ron Howard documentary where they talk about the Beatles first tour (probably where that footage of Help came from) and they kinda show you what it was like to be there? They explain that most people were hearing the Beatles live but they were hearing it through those old school baseball stadium bullhorn type PA speakers. It sounded like absolute garbage and people still lost their minds. To me, that says something. Without the luxury of even stage monitors (let alone decent speakers for the size of the audience they were playing to) and those guys played pretty perfectly almost every show throughout their touring years.

charge

« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »
Also hi DaleSr hope all this coldplay talk is validating you

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2021, 09:17:02 AM »
joining in to say I also have grown to love Oasis over the last 5 years. Growing up I always thought they were terrible dad rock and wrote them off

Years later after getting into bands like Primal Scream, Stone Roses, Spiritualized, and other brit rock bands -  I back tracked and gave them another chance. Ended up clicking and now listen to them on the regular. Also Liam's 'rock star' sense of self is hilarious

I enjoy them more than I do The Beatles but I can't say that they are a "better" band. Not a huge Beatles fan at all but I can't deny what they've done for music

also I am down with some later Oasis as well lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seXqDXAeV2A&ab_channel=JesSawyer

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »
I struggle to think of a traditional "rock" act that has been as culturally relevant but also as largely revered as Oasis? Would be curious if you guys have any you can think of.
If we continue to look at different eras in history I still think it’s kind of apples and oranges. ”Rock” in general means ”radio music” in the 2000s so I’m not big into that genre but I don’t think something like Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age would be ”alternative” enough not to be labeled rock. Muse maybe? White Stripes and subsequent Jack White orchestras?

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: October 20, 2021, 11:01:31 AM »
No, wait, is U2 the right answer?

Lol, it’s like my collegue at work one day when we were talking about proofing pizza dough ”I can tell I’m approaching middle age when suddenly I’m faced with a problem where Tupperware is the answer…”

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »
Dude…Oasis, really?

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #499 on: October 20, 2021, 03:31:37 PM »
Dude…Oasis, really?

Lol!

Expand Quote
[close]
If we continue to look at different eras in history I still think it’s kind of apples and oranges. ”Rock” in general means ”radio music” in the 2000s so I’m not big into that genre but I don’t think something like Foo Fighters or Queens of the Stone Age would be ”alternative” enough not to be labeled rock. Muse maybe? White Stripes and subsequent Jack White orchestras?

I think most of what's been mentioned would count. Maybe throw the strokes in there. I don't think rock has really been culturally relivant since the early 00's though, and the strokes were kinda the band to be back then.

Obviously there's no shortage of great rock bands if you just look. What's everyones pick for whos the best now?
I'm a huge stan, but I don't think anyone touches John Dwyer/Thee Oh Sees when it comes to rock n roll. I think he's easily the most consistent, covers a wide variety of sounds and style, and puts on a kick ass show. He's put out like 30 albums in the past 20 years, and there are less than a handful that I don't enjoy (OCS stuff and the early freak folk albums).

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #500 on: October 20, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
in middle school i listened to a lot of nirvana but it kinda cringes me out now. wouldnt want to be a 30something wearing that shirt. u2 isnt the most horrible band in the world or anything. a few of their songs anyway

charge

« Reply #501 on: October 20, 2021, 04:35:20 PM »
in middle school i listened to a lot of nirvana but it kinda cringes me out now. wouldnt want to be a 30something wearing that shirt. u2 isnt the most horrible band in the world or anything. a few of their songs anyway
it's crazy to me that the older you get the more you cringe at nirvana and the less you do at U2. Which tracks are even good? i think every u2 song i've ever heard was absolutely terrible.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #502 on: October 20, 2021, 04:45:26 PM »
idk a couple of their older songs were ok

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #503 on: October 20, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
Janglepop did not need to come back
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #504 on: October 20, 2021, 09:17:31 PM »
Also hi DaleSr hope all this coldplay talk is validating you

I feel seen.

I definitely think that Coldplay is a good comparison as well, and they also illustrate the larger shift in popular music trends through their discography. I personally will contend that Coldplay has a lot of good songs, but i haven't been really invested in any of their music since they dropped ghost stories in '14. That album also is where Coldplay made the shift from brit rock/pop to electro pop/edm illustrating the larger shift in pop music away from rock acts to edm or superstar acts like Beyonce, Taylor, Billie Eilish, etc...

First Coldplay album

Parachutes

Reflective of the brit pop music landscape of the time w/ acts like blur and Travis. Lots of acoustic guitar/singer songwriter tracks like don't panic, trouble, high speed and everything is not lost. Breaks out into the mainstream with runaway pop hits yellow and shiver. Very bright anthemic singles

Second album

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Radiohead is the biggest thing in the English alternative scene. Coldplay makes a serious and somber second album. The scientist is another hit and everyone is crying watching the very sad backwards music video. In my opinion, their best work is on this album : green eyes, God put a smile upon your face, clocks, warning sign and in my place are all outstanding. A top to bottom excellent album.

X&Y

This is the big one. The album with songs in Apple commercials (the midas touch of the time). Everyone is staying in their toxic relationship because their love has been healed by fix you. Another top to bottom great album with hits like speed of sound, talk and fix you but also hidden gems like the hardest part and til kingdom come on the back half of the album

Viva la Vida

Kanye west declared his love for Chris Martin and his falsetto by giving him the hook on his track homecoming. Rappers now desire the Chris Martin collab, evidenced by Jay z appearing on lost! on one of the bonus tracks. Frank ocean will later cover and add a little spice in a reworked version of strawberry swing on his first project Nostalgia Ultra. Coldplay wanted to rule the world and they had. Chris Martin is wearing epaulets and somewhere in North County San Diego, a young boy was thinking that he too could rock the jacket of a napoleonic colonel.

Mylo Xyloto

Coldplay is an arena band now. Brian Eno has been working with them for two albums. Everyone was trying to take their korgs with them to the mad max apocalypse we all believe is coming. Rihanna is a feature on princess of China. A lot of people really don't like this album. I personally think up with the birds, Charlie brown and every tear drop is a waterfall are good tracks.

Ghost Stories

Coldplay released magic as a single to appeal to some of the old fans who hope for a more stripped down and nostalgic return to form. Unfortunately sky full of stars becomes a huge hit and Coldplay begins doing collabs with the chainsmokers. This is the last full Coldplay album I've listened to.

Since then they've dropped a few other albums but I've largely not paid attention.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #505 on: October 21, 2021, 03:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it's crazy to me that the older you get the more you cringe at nirvana and the less you do at U2. Which tracks are even good? i think every u2 song i've ever heard was absolutely terrible.

I‘d wear a Nirvana shirt over a U2 shirt any day. I remember being blown away by Smells Like Teen Spirit when it came out. Same with RATM debut, these albums were genre defining and I kinda felt I was witnessing history being made.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #506 on: October 21, 2021, 05:56:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Dude…Oasis, really?
[close]

Lol!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think most of what's been mentioned would count. Maybe throw the strokes in there. I don't think rock has really been culturally relivant since the early 00's though, and the strokes were kinda the band to be back then.

Obviously there's no shortage of great rock bands if you just look. What's everyones pick for whos the best now?
I'm a huge stan, but I don't think anyone touches John Dwyer/Thee Oh Sees when it comes to rock n roll.
I think he's easily the most consistent, covers a wide variety of sounds and style, and puts on a kick ass show. He's put out like 30 albums in the past 20 years, and there are less than a handful that I don't enjoy (OCS stuff and the early freak folk albums).

Dwyer was my IMMEDIATE thought. The consistency is astounding and the guy exhausts more energy in a five minute span while playing than I do in a month of skating.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #507 on: October 21, 2021, 06:16:38 AM »
Ok, my hot take.

The Beastie Boys were not that great. Not compared to other contemporary hip-hop.

Experimental? Yes. Boundary-pushing? Yes. But in terms of lyrics, beats, actual skill, they were 2nd or 3rd rate, and probably got a lot of air time due to the fact they weren’t scary like gangsta rap, and of course had ties to the skate scene.

And Check you Head, and to a lesser extent I’ll Communication will always have a safe place in my heart, partially fueled by nostalgia, but it doesn’t change the previous observations for me.
 Their voices, rhyming, cadence, were so-so. I give them a pass on lyrics, because everyone was doing their own thing.

Their beats were unbalanced and grating at the worst of times, basic sometimes, a few times came close to greatness if they could only exercise some restraint and layer the beats less thickly, as with many of the songs on Paul’s Boutique. And sometimes caught a sick one, like with flute loop.

Their most stand-out song for me is Ch-Check it Out, which has an amazing flow, so fucking on point and unlike their other stuff I can’t believe it’s not ghost-written.

And although I still enjoy them, I just feel they were nowhere near the level of what else was coming out at the time.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:24:31 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #508 on: October 21, 2021, 06:40:17 AM »
Ok, my hot take.

The Beastie Boys were not that great. Not compared to other contemporary hip-hop.

Experimental? Yes. Boundary-pushing? Yes. But in terms of lyrics, beats, actual skill, they were 2nd or 3rd rate, and probably got a lot of air time due to the fact they weren’t scary like gangsta rap, and of course had ties to the skate scene.

And Check you Head, and to a lesser extent I’ll Communication will always have a safe place in my heart, partially fueled by nostalgia, but it doesn’t change the previous observations for me.
 Their voices, rhyming, cadence, were so-so. I give them a pass on lyrics, because everyone was doing their own thing.

Their beats were unbalanced and grating at the worst of times, basic sometimes, a few times came close to greatness if they could only exercise some restraint and layer the beats less thickly, as with many of the songs on Paul’s Boutique. And sometimes caught a sick one, like with flute loop.

Their most stand-out song for me is Ch-Check it Out, which has an amazing flow, so fucking on point and unlike their other stuff I can’t believe it’s not ghost-written.

And although I still enjoy them, I just feel they were nowhere near the level of what else was coming out at the time.

Glad you brought this up, as I fucking hate the Beastie Boys. "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AW YEAAAAAAH!!" God their voices are like nails on a chalkboard.

Prinzy

« Reply #509 on: October 21, 2021, 07:37:20 AM »
Mylo Xyloto

Coldplay is an arena band now. Brian Eno has been working with them for two albums. Everyone was trying to take their korgs with them to the mad max apocalypse we all believe is coming. Rihanna is a feature on princess of China. A lot of people really don't like this album. I personally think up with the birds, Charlie brown and every tear drop is a waterfall are good tracks.

Dale, thank you for reminding me of this album. I remember it being one of the first albums I got on my new iPod Touch alongside El Camino by The Black Keys in 2011.

I will agree that Charlie Brown is indeed a banger. I really did forget this album existed.