Author Topic: I know riding for Cariuma is kooky but...  (Read 4391 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: I know riding for Cariuma is kooky but...
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2022, 05:30:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Isn't that his whole gimmick? Seems like he's goofy to me though but whatever. Can't stand this guy.
[close]

How is this a gimmick?
Because he's not talented enough to be pro without it. I actually find it quite interesting the way he's 'stanceless' in the way that his stance looks very 'regular' either way round. I wouldn't say someone like P-rod or Shane is in the same way, they can just do any trick you can think of both ways. But you can still easily tell it's switch from the way they're standing unlike this dude. But once you get over the initial interest there's not much more to see.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2022, 05:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Handful of skaters I can think of who could essentially make the claim of being stanceless that don't. Shane comes to mind as the only footage of him skating transition almost always has him doing some switch trick.
https://youtu.be/8kcnAKtkJ8Y?t=134
[close]

Shane skating his mini ramp is so good. Wish he posted it more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_ljzd4hb8h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yeah, lets talk about Shane here. That foot placement on the switch flip nosegrind is ridiculous to me. Back foot so deep in the pocket wtf. Would be down to seeing more Shane miniramp footage.

Also: OP your thread sucks.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2022, 06:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Handful of skaters I can think of who could essentially make the claim of being stanceless that don't. Shane comes to mind as the only footage of him skating transition almost always has him doing some switch trick.
https://youtu.be/8kcnAKtkJ8Y?t=134
[close]

Shane skating his mini ramp is so good. Wish he posted it more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_ljzd4hb8h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]

Yeah, lets talk about Shane here. That foot placement on the switch flip nosegrind is ridiculous to me. Back foot so deep in the pocket wtf. Would be down to seeing more Shane miniramp footage.

Also: OP your thread sucks.

Weird… that seems the normal way to switch flip.

ohtight

• Rep: 21
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2022, 02:44:36 PM »
tanner burzinski skates one way street and the other way on transition. can we talk about him instead?
zzz

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2022, 02:55:46 PM »
There is no “but”

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »
every oldhead bowl dude is salty he calls himself goat cause they all have a friend named goat who RIPS and will do your siding for cheap

BigFatPaulie

• Rep: 3
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2022, 03:12:23 PM »
There are actually many, many skaters who are like this - my brother was the same way, skated goofy but could only pop tricks regular.  So he could 180 and ollie regular but bombed hills goofy.  This other guy is just one person like that who got good and used it to his advantage (I think there were actually a few well known ams/pros like that growing up who just didn’t exploit it and just came off as super good at switch, can’t remember any names at the moment though)

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2022, 04:13:40 PM »
Crazy how he went from Deathwish flow making videos with Greco to whatever bullshit Berrics brand he's on now. I hope Berra and Cariuma are paying him well otherwise it's probably one of the worse skate career choices I've ever seen

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2022, 04:32:13 PM »
Ali Boulala comes to mind. He talks about it in old interviews.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2022, 05:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Isn't that his whole gimmick? Seems like he's goofy to me though but whatever. Can't stand this guy.
[close]

How is this a gimmick?
[close]
Because he's not talented enough to be pro without it. I actually find it quite interesting the way he's 'stanceless' in the way that his stance looks very 'regular' either way round. I wouldn't say someone like P-rod or Shane is in the same way, they can just do any trick you can think of both ways. But you can still easily tell it's switch from the way they're standing unlike this dude. But once you get over the initial interest there's not much more to see.

I think calling it a gimmick is a bit demeaning in this case. I think his tranny skills alone are enough for him to be pro, not even taking into account that he skates street pretty well in a different stance. I don't think he has a great 'switch' game really. Developing a strong switch game as a skill like P-Rod or Shane seems like more of a gimmick to me in comparison. He just has an innate dual stance that varies across terrain.

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2022, 06:34:55 PM »
Still kooky

dannyprovolone

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2022, 06:48:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How is this a gimmick?
[close]
[close]

I think calling it a gimmick is a bit demeaning in this case. I think his tranny skills alone are enough for him to be pro, not even taking into account that he skates street pretty well in a different stance. I don't think he has a great 'switch' game really. Developing a strong switch game as a skill like P-Rod or Shane seems like more of a gimmick to me in comparison. He just has an innate dual stance that varies across terrain.

what planet are you on? shane and p rod could do things 15 years ago that this guy will never be able to do

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2189
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2022, 07:47:50 PM »
Baby, it’s no big deal.
You started a turd of a thread.
Big whoop.
EVERY THREAD I EVER STARTED was a similar steaming pile.
Take the L w/ a modicum of grace & move on.
There’s no need to increase the damage of your shit-take by doubling down: just MOVE ON.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2022, 07:55:54 PM »
Dude is literally growing wings before your eyes and flying to the Sun and Slap is still "meh" smh

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2022, 07:59:36 PM »
Baby, it’s no big deal.
You started a turd of a thread.
Big whoop.
EVERY THREAD I EVER STARTED was a similar steaming pile.
Take the L w/ a modicum of grace & move on.
There’s no need to increase the damage of your shit-take by doubling down: just MOVE ON.

Someone give this man a gnar on my behalf. This has me cracking the fuck up. I even had to show my old lady so she could see what I was laughing at

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2022, 08:02:36 PM »
Dude is literally growing wings before your eyes and flying to the Sun and Slap is still "meh" smh

Take away the whole stanceless thing, what noteworthy/significant tricks has he actually done that are worth mentioning, let alone video parts?

Bondo_Sniffer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2022, 08:13:03 PM »
Haha this whole thread is fried through and through.

Obviously a troll thread from the start so those replying seriously are thick.

But some of you don’t see the novelty in the fact that this guy does fucks shit up in both stances and it doesn’t look switch? Shit is rare. I don’t give a fuck about this guy either, but some of y’all are on some crazy hive mind shit.

Shane and prod have one stance fellas. They do insane shit switch, but it’s switch. To the guy above that compared Leander to Nyjah (wtf) and Tiago. You are particularly fried.

Yes I work for the berrics.

boogs

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2022, 08:32:26 PM »
nope and you shouldn't either

boogs

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
There are actually many, many skaters who are like this - my brother was the same way, skated goofy but could only pop tricks regular.  So he could 180 and ollie regular but bombed hills goofy.  This other guy is just one person like that who got good and used it to his advantage (I think there were actually a few well known ams/pros like that growing up who just didn’t exploit it and just came off as super good at switch, can’t remember any names at the moment though)
no one cares about how your brother skates @BigFatPaulie

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2022, 10:40:50 PM »
tryna market urself as stanceless is def gimmiky - its like if a painter made really boring paintings but he can paint them with both hands! also his sponser choices / going pro with no video parts makes him seem super hoaky and fake , whoever said shane and prod bieng good at switch is more gimmicky then fake goat is seriously wetawded
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1220
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2022, 08:00:37 AM »
has anyone noticed skategoat has two natural stances?

I have two natural nuts he can suck on.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.