Author Topic: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly  (Read 18635 times)

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
Ishods part was dope, so was that Zach kids never heard of him. Wasn’t feeling the rest tho. All these dudes are stupid good, just not for me.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
So does Nak just come on the sesh to give speeches or something?

baggy spandex

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2020, 01:44:57 PM »
Expand Quote
A theory in defense of the red bull hat....isn't that both zion and midler's first sponsor?   I mean when you're a little kid and you get the offer most little kids would take it.   Then as you get older they keep paying you when nobody else does and providing opportunities for you.

I'm not saying I like it but I can respect it.   Its not the same as if ishod starting hawking red bull.
[close]

He’s too busy ironing monster patches on his jeans.

Bottoms up. And the Devil laughs.

Something to think about.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »
On the subject of that Do you think monster don’t make ishod and gt wear the monster hat because they understand that there like a “skaters skater” n if they were to wear one it would decrease there marketability value cause with those energy drink deals usually ur contractually obliged to wear the brands hat in public n everyone else on the main monster skate team seems to do so other than those two 

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »

honestly wouldn't be surprised. his amount of talk in the video made me like it considerably less.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2020, 04:00:19 PM »
Good video. Ishod is just getting better & better.

Looks like they just turned Midler, Kevin & Zach pro.

BH

• Rep: 27
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »
Maybe I’m just getting older but it’s so cringe arguing with adults who are actually doing their jobs, or own property. And the skateboard argument of ‘i Have to do MY job too’. People I work with contracting would beat the shit out of these kids

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
On the subject of that Do you think monster don’t make ishod and gt wear the monster hat because they understand that there like a “skaters skater” n if they were to wear one it would decrease there marketability value cause with those energy drink deals usually ur contractually obliged to wear the brands hat in public n everyone else on the main monster skate team seems to do so other than those two

Nah there's just differences in contracts, its one of those opt in to receive $$$$$ or opt out to receive $$$ scenarios

If only they started making them drink these again

Acky Jacky

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
My girlfriend chilled with me for a second while I was watching this and then Nico Hiraga's part came on the song immediately is just some misogynistic crap about video vixens "fuckin rap stars". Not sure how that was supposed to mesh with some pretty, rich kids skating. I could look the other way if it was Kool Keith Sex Style shit, but I honestly was confounded by that song choice.

My girl kept watching and laughing when people would storm off running at their friends when they landed a trick and then look at me, sort of wondering why I'm stone-faced. I eventually was like, "Sorry, it's just that this is a huge cliché in skate videos so I don't find it amusing."
(Stick in the mud award).

It's also bizarre that on the Thrasher "Deadline" video Jolly was all, "I just want to showcase how loving, and caring and funny my friends are..." but most of the B-Roll was either self-congratulatory or them being dickheads to security guards.
Hiraga to the mild tempered maintenance guy at the church, "Could you not man, for like five fuckin minutes..."

Anyways, I'm trying to re-watch some parts of this and am just thinking about how immature skaters act. I mean Ishod is paid very well to do what he does and he's mocking the fuckin church guy. And then Nak rolls up and powerslides to try to fake the guy out (who doesn't even flinch by the way). Whatever, but why include it in the video? Babies.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
Sometimes including banter really works, I don't think it did in this one.

Can't believe Kevin White went in for the hug after that 270 when Midler was looking like this

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2020, 06:51:40 PM »
California is weird man
Welcome to slap message board

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »
Maybe I’m just getting older but it’s so cringe arguing with adults who are actually doing their jobs, or own property. And the skateboard argument of ‘i Have to do MY job too’. People I work with contracting would beat the shit out of these kids

it's SUPER entitled behavior and watching skaters act tough and intimidate people over not being able to skate somewhere is nothing but self-absorbed, adolescent shit that makes all skaters look bad

the minute someone even approaches you with intent to kick you out just leave, what sort of asshole do you have to be to think they're doing something wrong?

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2020, 07:44:59 PM »
isnt just skating the spot that ur not supposed to & making the ppl come out just as entitled & self absorbed so they just should avoid the spots all together YAWNNN they out here getting clips for a vid u & your mom watch so stfu

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2020, 07:49:35 PM »
Damn... It's crazy that grown adults who got so good at an activity where they mostly hangout with their friends, loiter, and never had to get "real" jobs or mature in any real way are acting like that.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2020, 08:25:25 PM »
One of my fav Ishod parts, he went off!  so did Zach (great part), so did Kevin.  I'm going to watch that Ishod part a ton.

The rest wasn't really for me and that's ok.

Back 3 carwash was sick as fuck, minus redbull

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2020, 09:21:29 PM »

I’m going to say this in the most respectful way not to you but the overall reception of these parts of the video, but what made this different than all the videos we grew up on (as older dudes) specifically baker bootleg-baker3, a ton of transworld vids, 411’s, zero etc... that everyone praises around here? I’m not saying you worship those videos but maybe it’s more kids are gonna be kids and act up and we’re all just getting old. Greco literally was punching security guards and civilians to get his board back for years yet he’s a legend “on here”. Heath breaking down fences or kalis/stevie both at love scrapping with under covers. IMO all are okay but stop worshipping the dudes you do because they skated to mobb deep and Metallica in a video you saw 20 years ago and can’t get over your lost dream. Maybe I should’ve put this in the unpopular opinion thread. And yes I’ll see myself out now and “tell me how you really feel” comments are expected.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2020, 09:40:44 PM »
I had really low expectations for this video, mainly because of IC, but worth it for ishod and zach alone.

Zach...that kid is the future. Best part imo.

Also, Midler has the dumbest, most punchable face, but god damn there is no denying he is amazing on a skateboard. Never was a fan of him, but to not give him any credit for the insane shit he did in this video makes you a fuck head.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2020, 09:45:09 PM »
zach saraceno is very good
ishod wair is very good
i want shareef grady's pink cardigan

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2020, 09:54:23 PM »
isnt just skating the spot that ur not supposed to & making the ppl come out just as entitled & self absorbed so they just should avoid the spots all together YAWNNN they out here getting clips for a vid u & your mom watch so stfu

is this an argument

thot juice

« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2020, 10:10:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is this an argument

on gawd in refute to your apologetic sub pov u sub 

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
i really enjoy how clean kev white’s style is despite looking super sketch. it’s really personable

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »

He took the abrupt transition to the sidewalk real smoothly 

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »
Lots to question here -- red bull fucking everywhere, god tier cringe IC spot arguments, way way way too many interludes with dudes talking about absolutely nothing where it is unfunny to literally everyone on the planet except for the people who were there etc -- but ultimately you can't deny the skating.

Midler, damnit!!! those last few tricks were on another level. 

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »
this video just really made me feel like a boomer

thot juice

« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2020, 10:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's SUPER entitled behavior and watching skaters act tough and intimidate people over not being able to skate somewhere is nothing but self-absorbed, adolescent shit that makes all skaters look bad

the minute someone even approaches you with intent to kick you out just leave, what sort of asshole do you have to be to think they're doing something wrong?

lol would zion’s part be better SANS the heelflip or tyshawn’s part in blessed without the switch back heel or nollie tre come on bruh like bill cosby said u can’t please everybody

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2020, 11:10:49 PM »

Lmao shit was so unnecessary

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2020, 11:11:29 PM »

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2020, 11:53:31 PM »
That dude is going places. Not since trapasso in suffer the joy have I seen someone ive never heard of and been totally impressed like that
easy now

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2020, 01:56:54 AM »
California is weird man
someone gnar this man
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647