Author Topic: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly  (Read 18710 times)

Gasstationgarry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2020, 02:05:33 AM »
personally I really like the video, I spent months talking shit on IC and saying it was gonna be bad... but god damn you can't deny the skating in it. Fighting security guards is lame (Jesse v sent bad vibes for those clips) and young white kids acting hood rich is rancid, but holy shit all the bad in the video is an easy trade for Ishod and Zach parts along with millers last three tricks. shit made me want to go skate at 3 am when I watched it, which is rare.
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

Nicki

« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2020, 02:51:31 AM »
Maybe I’m just getting older but it’s so cringe arguing with adults who are actually doing their jobs, or own property. And the skateboard argument of ’i Have to do MY job too’”we in the same position just on different sides of the mirror, that’s why we always in battle, our shit like Batman and The Joker, we’re the necessary evil”. People I work with contracting would beat the shit out of these kids

I’m definitely not going to complain about getting to watch another great full part from Ishod, but isn’t it weird that all these dudes that ride for other companies have footage in a video for another [board] brand?

Agree. Not complaining but strange indeed. Can’t think of another board company video with so many parts/footage from riders not on their team. I wonder if Real/FA knew IC was going to relaunch their board team on the back of their skaters. Especially with footage coming out of your team riders that you didn’t release - but I think the Real skaters repped pretty good, FA not so much. I remember an interview with Jim saying before fully backing new riders, he wants to see them skate, push, style, move, not just about tricks, see what they look like just skating. That’s why Ishod is a legend, and Midler is a Real reject.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2020, 02:51:39 AM »
Sick to see a proper full length skate video come out of nowhere in 2020. Music and some of the skateboarding are not exactly my style, but I can respect a good portrait of a crew when I see it. It ticks all the boxes of a solid skate video for me—most importantly, it has a good variety of parts, including the surprise, the legend, and the hammer time. I was missing long lines, but I can say that about most videos. Also good to see some classic shitbag behavior and heartwarming friendship moments. Let’s be honest, both are essential experiences when growing up as a skateboarder.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:00:08 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2020, 03:39:55 AM »
Really liked the vibe of the video. Kevin White's reaction during his intro is very relatable from a North American perspective when one visits Copenhagen(or much of Europe) for the first time - loved that.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2020, 05:11:07 AM »
Damn Ishod truly is the greatest of our generation. Does he film like 5 clips a day or something. Think about how much footage he already put out this year and then dropped a two song part on top.

Also, do you know about the culture of skateboarding?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Nicki

« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2020, 05:49:11 AM »
Damn Ishod truly is the greatest of our generation. Does he film like 5 clips a day or something. Think about how much footage he already put out this year and then dropped a two song part on top.

He really is. Ishod is the guy that in 20yrs time people will still just want to see him skate.

Is this a Nak quote from the video?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:14:45 AM by Nicki »

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2020, 06:20:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He really is. Ishod is the guy that in 20yrs time people will still just want to see him skate.

At least they'll have a whole catalogue of parts, vast amounts of tour footage from multiple companies and even masses of contest runs to scrawl through.

Illegal Civ is what it is... but I've gotta say I think all these homie vids that Ishod's had parts in are what have kind of shaped his career in a way. It proves that he'll always put down without the pay cheque telling him to.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
What happened to Olan Prenatt?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »
Was also curious about that ^... wasn’t someone on the Bunt recently saying how good he is?  Kind of expected a part in this or least a few tricks.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2020, 08:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, Zion Wright. It's when he's arguing with the security guard/owner about skating a spot. It's in the trailer. Also seemed like a funny argument to have with that dude because of course he probably doesn't know/care about skateboarding culture.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
That dude is going places. Not since trapasso in suffer the joy have I seen someone ive never heard of and been totally impressed like that
[close]
easy now

Im open to having my mind changed.  Who else since suffer the joy has done this like that?  Mike Mo in forecast was 2005, suffer the joy was 2006.

Clint Walker in the ambiguous video maybe?  Clint hasn't aged well
where is home?

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah, Zion Wright. It's when he's arguing with the security guard/owner about skating a spot. It's in the trailer. Also seemed like a funny argument to have with that dude because of course he probably doesn't know/care about skateboarding culture.

then he got THE CLIP & fist bumped the security so what’s the prob bob? it doesn’t match the unofficial guidelines for what to say from subs who don’t get clips oh that’s rich i forgot u can’t say it’s your job either lol smh 🤦‍♀️

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

then he got THE CLIP & fist bumped the security so what’s the prob bob? it doesn’t match the unofficial guidelines for what to say from subs who don’t get clips oh that’s rich i forgot u can’t say it’s your job either lol smh 🤦‍♀️

I only watched the trailer and failed to see that he got THE CLIP. I'm not saying you can't have a discussion with whoever's kicking you out of a spot, I just don't expect 99% of them to be up to date on skateboarding culture and/or recognize a pro skateboarder.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I only watched the trailer and failed to see that he got THE CLIP. I'm not saying you can't have a discussion with whoever's kicking you out of a spot, I just don't expect 99% of people to be up to date on skateboarding culture and/or recognize a pro skateboarder.

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2020, 10:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I only watched the trailer and failed to see that he got THE CLIP. I'm not saying you can't have a discussion with whoever's kicking you out of a spot, I just don't expect 99% of them to be up to date on skateboarding culture and/or recognize a pro skateboarder.

THE CLIP is the last trick in the trailer & it’s also in the full & the culture of skateboarding part is only in the full & not the trailer prove me wrong jk we good i fw u

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
Someone cut his hair in his sleep and he lost all of his powers.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2020, 03:09:27 PM »
Never heard of that Zach kid before but he is fucking sick! Seems like he’d be a rad dude to hang out with as well.

Edit: Remember when Milton did the kickflip off of the car wash and people were arguing about what tricks could be done next and there were some people that were saying that nothing else was ever going to go down on it. Even a 180 would be basically impossible. These people were arguing until they were blue in the face that no other trick would ever go down haha.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:40:11 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

looks ok to me

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »
Mikey alfred ending this year with the last laugh is some parallel universe shit

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
maybe the burden of carrying around that stupid fucking name finally got to him.

Midler did some crazy Shit, I still think milton’s kickflip is gnarlier. Ishod is Fucking unreal. The flip out of that front blunt that was super high he seemed to be on cruise control. Amazing.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Nicki

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »
Never heard of that Zach kid before but he is fucking sick! Seems like he’d be a rad dude to hang out with as well.

Edit: Remember when Milton did the kickflip off of the car wash and people were arguing about what tricks could be done next and there were some people that were saying that nothing else was ever going to go down on it. Even a 180 would be basically impossible. These people were arguing until they were blue in the face that no other trick would ever go down haha.

Midler has always had those good bs 360s, his best flatground trick. Didn’t expect that to be the next one at the carwash (expecting nollie, switch ollie, 180 etc), probably the trick of the year with Lil B switch hard. Congrats Milder, good for him.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure there was also a large debate whether a 180 would be more difficult than a 360.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »
Mikey alfred ending this year with the last laugh is some parallel universe shit

Maybe, because it certainly isn’t happening in this reality. 

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »
Best part of the garbage interludes was Zion making fun of Midler for being too clean cut. Pot + Kettle.

bianca56awesome

• Rep: -1
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »
anyone else feel straight up unmoved but this whole video? obviously a majority of the tricks were extremely good, and IC has so many talented skaters, but just I feel as though I forgot about this video the second I left the page.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »
anyone else feel straight up unmoved but this whole video? obviously a majority of the tricks were extremely good, and IC has so many talented skaters, but just I feel as though I forgot about this video the second I left the page.
Forgets about the video yet creates slap account to talk shit about it.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2020, 07:30:19 PM »
I think the intention is its a Davonte Jolly video- not a IC video, but i do agree its funny to see the FA dudes w the Redbull hat bros. Just seemed like a LA video to me,  how did he get away with using all of those songs? 

Thats the longest Nico part so far right ?

I was down for it overall but I had to sit through 20 commercials and killed the flow of the video for me.
two times

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2020, 09:32:31 PM »
I think the intention is its a Davonte Jolly video- not a IC video, but i do agree its funny to see the FA dudes w the Redbull hat bros. Just seemed like a LA video to me,  how did he get away with using all of those songs? 

I was down for it overall but I had to sit through 20 commercials and killed the flow of the video for me.

Chaodown has to be his longest. Not a great part to today’s standards but I liked it.

And this IC video is good but a very specific vibe. Like suitable for the IG era of skateboarders. Not for my old ass but can respect it if for sure.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2020, 09:33:48 PM »
I watched it over chromecast on tv and didn't get any ads
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2020, 10:03:01 PM »
i came on here and read reviews before watching the vid

many people had enough decorum to mention midler's ender was fucked without saying what it was

after the 50ft quad kinked curved rail i turned off assuming that was the mega-fucked trick

later saw someone on here saying he 360'd the carwash

laughed assuming they were trolling people who hadn't seen it yet

only just watched the last 30 seconds of the vid

damn

lol 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 11:56:45 PM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

Nicki

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Chaodown has to be his longest. Not a great part to today’s standards but I liked it.

And this IC video is good but a very specific vibe. Like suitable for the IG era of skateboarders. Not for my old ass but can respect it if for sure.

No, I reckon this ones the longest. It certainly felt that way watching it.