Author Topic: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly  (Read 18611 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2020, 06:33:45 AM »
I don’t like IC and try and stay away from anything with Mikey Alfreds name attached. But jolly did a good job. This was a good video.
Ishod is a living legend at this point.
Zions part got me stoked.
Never liked that nico kid but this turned it around for me.
Kevin white part was good. It’s nice seeing y’all dudes kill it.
Milder(half assed pun?) killed he’s just so dorky looking.
Nak is cringe.

From the trailer I was really hoping for a tyshawn part filmed by jolly.

Also as someone that isn’t from California and only visited.All the cringey yuppie looking shit is what I feel like is LA and Hollywood.

Also was stoked to see Ishod in a death shirt
Then bummed  it was the death metal version and not the punk band death from Detroit.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2020, 07:15:22 AM »
Not going through all 7 pages of this thread. So here are my thoughts no one asked for.

Nak’s hardflip! Didn't recognize KB back on a board.

Imes guy is on some heavy AVE cosplay.

Ishod is the Soty-est.

Don’t understand titles anymore.

Not a Midler fan, but holy shit.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
Zach's nollie flips are the tits.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »
Poor FA dudes with Louie on this.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »
That feeling when you are a fashion icon:
https://i.imgur.com/qy0fJ0J.png

ballintoohard

« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
Is Mikey too young to know that 90% of the time he dresses like a discount Steve Urkel?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2020, 10:54:47 AM »
Damn Ishod truly is the greatest of our generation. Does he film like 5 clips a day or something. Think about how much footage he already put out this year and then dropped a two song part on top.

Also, do you know about the culture of skateboarding?

I’ll add to this. The coolest thing about ishod and the many clips he get is the amount of people he films with. I seen him go up to a kid who obviously was using his first camera setup and filmed lines with him to learn how to film my heart warmed seeing that hopefully I can find that footage floating on the net it was at Jkwon of all places so it was dope to include that kid and his friends. He deserves soty every year

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Is Mikey too young to know that 90% of the time he dresses like a discount Steve Urkel?

Mixed with a face like Shock G in Digital Underground

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2020, 11:43:19 AM »
That Zach dude doing all sorts of butteriness to some Motown soul music was pretty fuckin’ suave.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »
Robert Neal with earnest intensity telling that guy "We're trying to get clips!" was downright hilarious.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
Expand Quote
A theory in defense of the red bull hat....isn't that both zion and midler's first sponsor?   I mean when you're a little kid and you get the offer most little kids would take it.   Then as you get older they keep paying you when nobody else does and providing opportunities for you.

I'm not saying I like it but I can respect it.   Its not the same as if ishod starting hawking red bull.
[close]

Seems like Red Bull is pretty strict about placement of their logo? I've noticed Red Bull riders seem to always be rocking headware, but Monster dudes can place the logo on other locations? Think there's a payment tier depending on where it's palced, or is it dictated by who the rider is? Does Ishod get paid less than someone else, because he's somewhat subtle about how often he flashes the logo? I've spent to much time today pondering about shitty tasting beverages. Drink water.

Red Bull sponsored part of an event we organised a while back and yes they are VERY specific about their branding. They paid for us to build an extension box and gave us a list of colours we could paint it, and even sent a guy down on the train just to place the logo sticker on it himself as they couldn't entrust us to do it ourselves. He got a few bubbles in it while putting it on and was shitting himself
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »
Is it just me or did some of those in between clips come off a lil...how do you say...cunty? All the dudes are incredible skaters but damn.

The chillest1

DVstorm_chaser

• Rep: 9
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2020, 01:33:19 PM »
Never forget

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe I’m just getting older but it’s so cringe arguing with adults who are actually doing their jobs, or own property. And the skateboard argument of ‘i Have to do MY job too’. People I work with contracting would beat the shit out of these kids
[close]

I’m going to say this in the most respectful way not to you but the overall reception of these parts of the video, but what made this different than all the videos we grew up on (as older dudes) specifically baker bootleg-baker3, a ton of transworld vids, 411’s, zero etc... that everyone praises around here? I’m not saying you worship those videos but maybe it’s more kids are gonna be kids and act up and we’re all just getting old. Greco literally was punching security guards and civilians to get his board back for years yet he’s a legend “on here”. Heath breaking down fences or kalis/stevie both at love scrapping with under covers. IMO all are okay but stop worshipping the dudes you do because they skated to mobb deep and Metallica in a video you saw 20 years ago and can’t get over your lost dream. Maybe I should’ve put this in the unpopular opinion thread. And yes I’ll see myself out now and “tell me how you really feel” comments are expected.
I think after what went down at Black Rock a couple of years back, people maybe collectively realized, maybe we shouldn't be glorifying this anymore.

Ishod's part was great, but I was surprised they would re-use a song Howard skated to in Goldfish, I say this while acknowledging probably 90% of people featured or involved in making this video was born after Goldfish was released.

Ishod is unreal. Midler is probably Guy's illegitimate kid. Saraceno stood out for me. I'll never not see that Sunny kid as Atreus from God of War. KB has Tom Penny vibes in that you never know how much footage he'll put into a project, and seems like he could not skate for months and then do something mind-blowing.

Good video, and better than I expected.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That dude is going places. Not since trapasso in suffer the joy have I seen someone ive never heard of and been totally impressed like that
[close]
easy now
[close]

Im open to having my mind changed.  Who else since suffer the joy has done this like that?  Mike Mo in forecast was 2005, suffer the joy was 2006.

Clint Walker in the ambiguous video maybe?  Clint hasn't aged well
Cory Kennedy's Beware of the Sasquatch, don't think he had a full part drop prior to that. Some Berric's stuff but that was about it.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe I’m just getting older but it’s so cringe arguing with adults who are actually doing their jobs, or own property. And the skateboard argument of ‘i Have to do MY job too’. People I work with contracting would beat the shit out of these kids
[close]

I’m going to say this in the most respectful way not to you but the overall reception of these parts of the video, but what made this different than all the videos we grew up on (as older dudes) specifically baker bootleg-baker3, a ton of transworld vids, 411’s, zero etc... that everyone praises around here? I’m not saying you worship those videos but maybe it’s more kids are gonna be kids and act up and we’re all just getting old. Greco literally was punching security guards and civilians to get his board back for years yet he’s a legend “on here”. Heath breaking down fences or kalis/stevie both at love scrapping with under covers. IMO all are okay but stop worshipping the dudes you do because they skated to mobb deep and Metallica in a video you saw 20 years ago and can’t get over your lost dream. Maybe I should’ve put this in the unpopular opinion thread. And yes I’ll see myself out now and “tell me how you really feel” comments are expected.
[close]
I think after what went down at Black Rock a couple of years back, people maybe collectively realized, maybe we shouldn't be glorifying this anymore.

Ishod's part was great, but I was surprised they would re-use a song Howard skated to in Goldfish, I say this while acknowledging probably 90% of people featured or involved in making this video was born after Goldfish was released.

Ishod is unreal. Midler is probably Guy's illegitimate kid. Saraceno stood out for me. I'll never not see that Sunny kid as Atreus from God of War. KB has Tom Penny vibes in that you never know how much footage he'll put into a project, and seems like he could not skate for months and then do something mind-blowing.

Good video, and better than I expected.

I’d guess born after chocolate tour at least

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2020, 07:06:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That dude is going places. Not since trapasso in suffer the joy have I seen someone ive never heard of and been totally impressed like that
[close]
easy now
[close]

Im open to having my mind changed.  Who else since suffer the joy has done this like that?  Mike Mo in forecast was 2005, suffer the joy was 2006.

[close]
Cory Kennedy's Beware of the Sasquatch, don't think he had a full part drop prior to that. Some Berric's stuff but that was about it.
Hate the dude, but Chris Joslin in the Plan B video.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2020, 07:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
easy now
[close]

[close]
[close]

That part blew my mind when it came out. His career has taken an interesting path.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2020, 08:06:54 PM »
That Zach guy reminded me of a mix between a mclung and Sebo however he is not a mclung or Sebo so I could actually like him

a.l.z.x

• Rep: 0
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2020, 09:09:57 PM »
incredible skating. music did not match the skating at all tho

a.l.z.x

• Rep: 0
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2020, 09:12:01 PM »
Footage was so good but kinda felt half assed put together with the music?

Also Nakel comes off as the biggest person when arguing with people at spots, cringing so hard

Love me some nakel but I hate to see him acting foolish... he really doesn't know how to rationalize with pedestrians. Some of his older footy on day with the homies is even gnarlier.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
easy now
[close]

[close]
[close]
After thinking about this, Jack O’Grady’s Kisht part. I had no idea who he was prior to watching it and was probably my favourite part in 2019.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2020, 03:41:19 AM »
Ishod and Midler were sick but seeing Mikey Alfred's face at the end kinda ruined the whole vid for me.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2020, 04:08:35 AM »
That Zach guy reminded me of a mix between a mclung and Sebo however he is not a mclung or Sebo so I could actually like him

Its more trevor colden and Kenny Hoyle.

JLay24

• Rep: 1
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2020, 05:18:19 AM »
Videos like this always remind me that skateboarding is truly for the kids.

Not my cup of tea, but what do I know...I'm just an old fart now.

Good skating.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2020, 07:27:08 AM »
This video was full of way more great stuff than bad. Really amazing skateboarding from just about everyone.

That said I had to skip certain parts because the 2010's sad boy R&B gave me second-hand embarrassment.

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
I would really love to see mikey alfred do a kickflip.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »
I would really love to see mikey alfred do a kickflip.

As much as I back this video there’s plenty of footage of him skating over the years. You can Jonah hill him or whatever and question his “core integrity” in skating but as corny as he is he ain’t the one to come for in skateboarding lol