Author Topic: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly  (Read 18598 times)

potpie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Godspeed - Davonte Jolly
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2020, 11:12:08 AM »
Damn, what a good christmas gift.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2020, 11:19:17 AM »

Glurmpz

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
Ishod skating to Sittin on the Dock of the Bay is about the chillest thing ever. Was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJXsyUX7IQs

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2020, 11:49:50 AM »

Lmaoo I really wonder how much cash these energy drink companies are securing these dudes with

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2020, 11:55:12 AM »
as if ishod wasn't already my favorite, then he goes and gets an individual thought patterns shirt

I’m wearing a “Human” Death shirt atm and that got me so stocked ahah Ishod is a man of culture!  :-*

I found Kevin White footy really enjoyable and had that “feel good” vibe to me, Ishod is living in his own reality, no comments needed, Zach is smooth as fuck and incredibly talented (I hope some good board brand pick him up, or is it IC a board brand now?!). He’s obviously really good but I hate Robert Neal and I don’t really know why, Ish Cepeda’s front heel in Sidney was bonkers! Noe Solis might be the tallest midget I’ve ever seen, he did some fucked up stuff tho. I already forgot every Nico clip, Zion is good (that heelflip was nuts) but goddamn, he’s 1 step away from looking like the US version of Aurelian Giraud. Midler’s last trick was insane but I feel like I find Milton’s flip gnarlier. The fact that it was less “in control”, he popped way higher, the flick, catch, shifted the fuck out of it, that takes the cake for me. Still, the whole part is mental. That rollercoaster grind had me shook. Overall, the video was really enjoyable and much more memorable than other Illegal Civ stuff I’ve seen before.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2020, 12:02:18 PM »
Damn Midler on the roof

That kid shooting his board into security coming up the stairs was fucked up

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »
Being hyped on a Midler clip is very 2020.
I seriously can’t believe that clip.

There's two  "I Cant Believe That"s

everyone is gonna lose their mind over the ender but doing that full rail is fucking bananas.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 12:10:39 PM »
Its an overall great video. Good from start to finish and good music. Ive been sleeping on Zach Saranceno, he's amazing.

LittleJerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -16
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
as if ishod wasn't already my favorite, then he goes and gets an individual thought patterns shirt
[close]

I’m wearing a “Human” Death shirt atm and that got me so stocked ahah Ishod is a man of culture!  :-*

I found Kevin White footy really enjoyable and had that “feel good” vibe to me, Ishod is living in his own reality, no comments needed, Zach is smooth as fuck and incredibly talented (I hope some good board brand pick him up, or is it IC a board brand now?!). He’s obviously really good but I hate Robert Neal and I don’t really know why, Ish Cepeda’s front heel in Sidney was bonkers! Noe Solis might be the tallest midget I’ve ever seen, he did some fucked up stuff tho. I already forgot every Nico clip, Zion is good (that heelflip was nuts) but goddamn, he’s 1 step away from looking like the US version of Aurelian Giraud. Midler’s last trick was insane but I feel like I find Milton’s flip gnarlier. The fact that it was less “in control”, he popped way higher, the flick, catch, shifted the fuck out of it, that takes the cake for me. Still, the whole part is mental. That rollercoaster grind had me shook. Overall, the video was really enjoyable and much more memorable than other Illegal Civ stuff I’ve seen before.
Tell us how you really feel

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 12:26:14 PM »
Robert Neal comes across as so obnoxious & cocky I can’t get in to him no matter how good he is.

For Nak he’s dumb moron and I don’t get it.

Good skating & awesome Xmas present - a hella good Ishod part 😃

conqueso

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
that guy with the dog should've smacked the shit out of robert neal

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2020, 01:00:59 PM »
Been following Zach on IG for awhile hoping for a full part. Did not disappoint, fool has a mean ass nollie flip.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 01:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Tell us how you really feel
https://youtu.be/9GMjH1nR0ds

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »
Anyone want to time code worthwhile things to watch.  IC (minus ishod) represents basically everything I hate in youths/skateboarding so I’m not keen on watching anything I don’t have to

ballintoohard

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »
All the parts are already timecoded

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
Anyone want to time code worthwhile things to watch.  IC (minus ishod) represents basically everything I hate in youths/skateboarding so I’m not keen on watching anything I don’t have to

I expected the same thing.  I don't like IC edits at all, but I'm pretty sure this is a IC funded homie video.  I'm 37 and was amazed how much I liked this, minus a couple cringe parts.  Pro tip: if you're supposed to have a full part and don't come through, just ask Louie to get some clips and he'll fill that shit out.  Sheesh!

Ishod has been one of my faves since, uh, Since Day One.  Loved him skating to Otis.

Zion is gnarly but has robot/snowboarder style.

Alex Midler should lose the Red Bull hat (ahh, but the check) and get on Deathwish.  Ender was fucking crazy and the front smith, and front 50 on the WHOLE Nyjah rail was nuts.

2020 has been an incredible year in skateboarding.  So many surprise, feel good vids dropping.  Shalom!

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Lmaoo I really wonder how much cash these energy drink companies are securing these dudes with
I heard a long time ago that it’s 1,000 per ad/clip for monster, not sure about Red Bull. But that was during the height of Street League.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2020, 01:40:03 PM »
probably would be in contender for one of the best videos ive seen purely based on the skating if it hadn't been for all of the interludes, long post trick celebrations, and the million ads that the video has on YT. the epic skating really got toned down by all the chitchat.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2020, 01:40:08 PM »
that guy with the dog should've smacked the shit out of robert neal

That dude showed some legit restraint by not beating the shit out of Robert Neal. I'm almost always siding skater but this one was iffy lol.

Most of the vid was dope though, Ishod is the GOAT as always.

larryhagman

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
Alex Midler should lose keep the Red Bull hat and get on Deathwish Darkstar. 

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2020, 01:46:43 PM »
wasn't that guy with the wife at the white bannister/rail thing in another clip, except much angrier?

the residents at that double set must be so over these dudes

that noe dude looks like an exact average of chase webb and the gremlin on polar

...and the million ads that the video has on YT.

in my experience if you add the video to a playlist and click on it from that playlist the number of ads you get is zero

Glurmpz

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »
wasn't that guy with the wife at the white bannister/rail thing in another clip, except much angrier?

the residents at that double set must be so over these dudes

It was the same guy/spot - was it the Baker video maybe? And that spot where Robert Neal should've been smacked was in another clip a while back where Nak was being incredibly wack in the same fashion.

There's amazing skating in this video but I just skipped everything aside from Ishod, Zach and Midler.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »
Hopefully someone will shorten video 15 minutes so it's just skating.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2020, 02:28:40 PM »

beginning of zach allen’s part in baker 4. i thought it was funny how relaxed he seemed this time around

this was a good video

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »
Robert Neal canceled 2021 dudes the worst
Welcome to slap message board

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »
I'm just here for the Ishod footage

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »
Don’t call it a film when it’s a video. But it’s a really good one.

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2020, 02:58:17 PM »
Damn Midler on the roof

That kid shooting his board into security coming up the stairs was fucked up

That was Hakeem. The kid that recently quit or was kicked of Chocolate. Definitely a fucked up thing to do and could have knocked one of those security guards out cold or worse.

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »
Great video all around, super fun to watch, great soundtrack. Glad Midler broke out of that Berrics, Mikey Taylor mini-me image, he's tearing it up

I've also been wondering for a while why Midler and Zach don't have actual board sponsors? I can't tell if IC is supposed to be a board brand?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »
Been following Zach on IG for awhile hoping for a full part. Did not disappoint, fool has a mean ass nollie flip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjL_TgH0Ow